Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too too bad then but I suppose everything in Australia has to be marked up like that (seemed to be my experience there - about a 1.25x cost for everything after converting to USD versus the cost here).

But not pretty.

Just noticed Sydney is at the SCG. Horrible venue for a music concert.

Not sure I can be f___ed doing the GA line again (getting too old) so that might be me out.

As I feared, I will possibly be in New Zealand for the Sydney show, and in Australia for the Auckland show.

Might have to do Melbourne. :hmm:

The insane ones will. But unless you NEED to be on the rail, there's no FOMO to be had, and this is even more true given how fucking big the stage is.

“Ohhhh my gaaaaaaawwwd!”

Those people shit me. You have no elite status because you’ve seen all 80 shows of a tour from the front row. All 4 shows in Dublin last year scored just as good a spot each night rocking up just as the gates opened same as the people that lived at the venue.

Plus this is in a stadium and I don’t think the demand will be as crazy as when the Vertigo Tour came down here.

I have not been keeping up with the rumor mill about this leg of the tour, so it totally caught me off guard when I got the email today. I was planning a trip to Tokyo in May 2020, but I guess I’m moving it up to December now! :lol: :hyper:

Oh Ax, you gotta change that. Why? 99% chance this will be the last time you can see them play One Tree Hill in New Zealand.

Nah I'm good, 2006 was about as special as a U2 concert is ever going to be for me.

If the show were in Wellington, it would be different.

“Ohhhh my gaaaaaaawwwd!”

Those people shit me. You have no elite status because you’ve seen all 80 shows of a tour from the front row. All 4 shows in Dublin last year scored just as good a spot each night rocking up just as the gates opened same as the people that lived at the venue.

Plus this is in a stadium and I don’t think the demand will be as crazy as when the Vertigo Tour came down here.

Yeah, and add to that the fact that being able to afford to see 20 shows per tour across two continents... you are elite, because you're an elite wanker with zero self-awareness.

I've already started the Marvel Stadium 'line' in the old Spencer Street subway.

I've never bothered with a U2.com subscription, so I have about a week to think about what shows to go to. At least the live nation presales are staggered, even if they are all on the same day.

6-Jun-2019 12:00 AEST Fri 08 Auckland
6-Jun-2019 12:30 AEST Tue 19 Adelaide
6-Jun-2019 13:00 AEST Fri 15 Melbourne
6-Jun-2019 14:00 AEST Tue 12 Brisbane
6-Jun-2019 15:00 AEST Fri 22 Sydney
6-Jun-2019 16:00 AEST Wed 27 Perth

This might be the most bizarre U2-related thing I’ve ever seen. I love the song, but how? And...why?

Dunno, the description on the video says the class likes to sing U2 songs. I thought that's quite endearing myself. Incidentally there's a Thai band called Slot Machine, who're about to release their second album in English, the first of which was produced by Steve Lillywhite.

Last edited:
At these prices, I will be _really_ surprised if any Australian city gets a second show.

Just can't see the demand holding up once the initial burst of sales dies down.

Incidentally there's a Thai band called Slot Machine, who're about to release their second album in English, the first of which was produced by Steve Lillywhite.

Nice, I'll check them out. I'm not familiar with Thai music at all, really, but this song was at the end of the film Uncle Boonme Who Can Recall His Past Lives and I love it. A happier version of Radiohead circa The Bends:

Why no Singapore date or venue yet?

Currently stressing out over whether I should get a membership just to a buy a ticket for this one show. I have no idea what the level of demand is going to be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom