September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't really posted much, obviously, but I'll be attending both the show on the 24 and a month later in Vegas. Vegas is going to be stress free since I got seats, but I'm doing GA for the first time.

I'm coming from PA (eastern PA) and want to get into the inner circle. Since my aunt and I (that's who is coming with me) are both short, I figure I'll skip trying to get front row due to the height of the stage. Since it seems it is easier getting into the inner circle on this tour (it's been stated in this thread and others you can get inside by lining up as late as 6pm), I am trying to figure out when would be the best time to maybe get a spot on the inner rail of the outerstage, in the inner circle (did that make sense?). Originally, I thought I was going to have to leave PA really early (like 6 or 7) to get to Jersey for 8/9 am. But I don't think that's the case. I gather, maybe getting in line for 1/2 in the afternoon would be good to get me where I want? Or earlier?

Any and all tips are appreciated!

I haven't really posted much, obviously, but I'll be attending both the show on the 24 and a month later in Vegas. Vegas is going to be stress free since I got seats, but I'm doing GA for the first time.

I'm coming from PA (eastern PA) and want to get into the inner circle. Since my aunt and I (that's who is coming with me) are both short, I figure I'll skip trying to get front row due to the height of the stage. Since it seems it is easier getting into the inner circle on this tour (it's been stated in this thread and others you can get inside by lining up as late as 6pm), I am trying to figure out when would be the best time to maybe get a spot on the inner rail of the outerstage, in the inner circle (did that make sense?). Originally, I thought I was going to have to leave PA really early (like 6 or 7) to get to Jersey for 8/9 am. But I don't think that's the case. I gather, maybe getting in line for 1/2 in the afternoon would be good to get me where I want? Or earlier?

Any and all tips are appreciated!

it's hard to tell, but given that the show is on a weekday, and not a weekend, you should be fine for getting a spot somewhere on either the back inside rail OR the outer rail of the ellipse. good luck!! :)

BTW, how long does it take to put the claw up? 72 hours from game end to soundcheck seems like it's pushing it...

THe Claw in Gianrts Stadium: 2 questions!

for the U2 & football fans who really know GS....

1>
OK the length of the FB Field runs long on the NorthWest to SouthEast Axis ( thanks, google maps)

is The Claw supposed to be at one end or the other?
and anyone have a guess which?

OR is it going to sitting along the long side
making the GA more of a wide setting than the long-to-the-back of the field setting if it was the other way,
that is -- at either end of the field ?

oh I hope thast was clear enough!

I'm trying to figure when I see my Tix which gate as so where I think I'd be entering the field
to get to the GA spot (outside the Circle catwalk rail) I want!

2>
When do you think they're arriving to set up?

Do you think on tues-- people could go in to take a look?
I have to be out there anyway to meet up w a friend right near by so... :hmm: :D

:hmm: sight-seeing "The Claw"!!! :lol:

thanks!! :lol:

Look at the seating chart on Ticketmaster, it's pretty clear on there....

I have RedZone tix for Thursdays giants stadium show, I can't wait!

:up: where'd you find that on their website?

Click on U2360 Tour in the list of events on the main page at meadowlands.com. On the U2 360 page, about halfway down it says FOR COMPLETE EVENT DETAILS CLICK HERE - clicking that brings up the pdf with all the details.

Hello all -
This is my 1st post (I think) I am more of a reader than a poster - anyhoo I had a couple of questions which I don't think have been asked:

Does anyone know any info regarding when they will do their soundcheck/rehersal?
Also - any guesses as to which door/entrance they are going to use for rehearsal and the show?

I work about 2 miles from the stadium and would kill for a chance to say hi to them and possibly snap a photo or 2

I'll be at both shows - GA - hope to see everyone on line!!:wave:

Do you think people will get pissed if I hold a spot for my cousin in line on Thursday? He won't be able to get to the stadium until about 3...I plan on getting there by 12.

Do you think people will get pissed if I hold a spot for my cousin in line on Thursday? He won't be able to get to the stadium until about 3...I plan on getting there by 12.

make friends with the people around you in line, and explain the situation. i don't think it would be a problem-- personally, i wouldn't mind if someone's friend showed up 3 hours after they did, but it really depends on who's behind you in line. good luck! :)

make friends with the people around you in line, and explain the situation. i don't think it would be a problem-- personally, i wouldn't mind if someone's friend showed up 3 hours after they did, but it really depends on who's behind you in line. good luck! :)

Thanks!

The football game ended an hour ago (J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets won!), and I'm watching the players milling around the field and thinking, "Get out, get out, U2 has to set up their stage!"

BTW, they were just talking about the show on the Bears/Steelers game. The announcers said they had to lay new sod down because of the field conditions after the show. Then one of them said even though it's now raining in Chicago, it's a "Beautiful Day."

walking around stadium exterior

do any Giant or Jet fans know if you can walk from parking lot 5 to gate B ( for GA entries), in a straight line alongside the stadium. Or do you have to go either all the way around the stadium or around the construction site. I guess the question is really whether you can walk from near the race track, to between the existing stadium and the new one, or is that all closed for construction.

This map shows red Xs through the most convenient route, but I don't know if that applies only to cars, or to walking too.

Parking Map - Giants.com

I'm taking mass transit from NYC to get to the stadium. Unfortunately that doesn't start until 3:20pm, and I wanted to get there a little earlier. Does anyone know of any alternatives to the Meadowlands Rail that will be running earlier?

you can take NJ Transit to East Rutherford and take a cab from there... aside from that, if you have no car access, the only other real option is cabbing it from Manhattan which will set ya back a $50 flat rate (some cabbies will try and charge ya more... tell 'em no thanks if they do, if you chose that route).

i went to the Jets/Pats game yesterday... my first time taking the train. a few things i'll share...

--taking the train to the meadowlands is incredibly easy... much easier than the port authority bus. but i took the PATH train to Hoboken and caught the train from there. i did not take it from Penn Station and transfer at Secaucus. From what i heard it was a bit of a pain in the ass coming from Penn, but I did not witness that first hand.

the PATH is very simple. i know people coming from out of town may feel overwellmed by so many trains and transfers and all that jazz but ya shouldn't... PATH to Hoboken, Hoboken to Meadowlands. easy as pie.

also, leaving the game... the wait to get onto a train was about 10-15 minutes. they have three trains lined up waiting for passengers, and when one leaves another one pulls in. i didn't sprint out of the game, didn't leave early... actually waited to get out of our section for a long time 'cause i was in the first row of the section.. and it was very easy. the line to get to the train platform is a little cattle herd-ish, but really not that bad at all.

train was completely filled... i'd say 95% of the passengers got off at Secaucus. there were maybe 20 or so people who got off in Hoboken with me... again very easy. hopped right on the PATH, was back in Manhattan within 10 minutes.

overall... game ended around 4:10, was in Manhattan by 5:00. when taking the bus, if the game ended at 4:10, i'd still be waiting on line for a bus by 5.

--the train lets out by the new stadium, which is pretty much completed. you walk along the patform towards the pedestrian bridge that brings people in from the IZOD center parking lots and the giant ski ramp, which is right in front of Gate B of the old stadium. Gate B was a mess to try and get into because of this... mind you this was 10 minutes before game time. a simple walk down to Gate C was much simpler.

--train platform to Giants Stadium entrance = 2-3 minute walk, if that.

--for the person who asked... no, you can not walk between the stadiums as of yet. the new stadium is completely gated off. you have to walk around the old stadium. it's about a 5-10 minute walk.

--spoke to one of the meadowlands hospitality people who was in our section... she said everyone's working overtime the next few days, and they're going to try and clear everyone out as fast as possible because stage set up was to begin immediately after the game. didn't notice them bringing any equipment in when leaving... had to wait for the crowds to clear before they could bring the trucks in... but i did notice them starting to take the goal posts down probably within 5 minutes of the game ending.

There are regular NJ Transit buses NYC Grace that make a stop by the Meadowlands...check out njtransit.com, and look around. I did that for Elevation to get to the arena at 8 in the morning, and was going to do that this time as well before they changed Friday to Wednesday (making me book a hotel room instead). Use the Bus Point-to-Point feature, click on "Bus Park/ Rides/Terminals and Transit Centers" and select Port Authority and Meadowlands Sports Complex.

can we start a new thread? I leave tonight and don't want to fall behind in here because I'm not signed up for updates to whatever the new thread will be...

Thanks to all on interference who keep up the great threads. From someone who does more reading than posting, I’d like to give back a bit by offering a free ticket to Snow Patrol at Beacon Theater on Tue. night – You might be looking forward to Muse, but Snow Patrol in Chicago was incredible & will be greatly missed by me this week at Giant’s – so, I just bought 3 great seats on e-bay for cheaper than 2 on stubhub in a great spot, front row, lower balcony & would love to show someone from this thread what they’ll be missing at the Giant’s show too! - - I’ll PM you if I see your response in the thread. . . :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::wave::camera::rockon::edge::adam::bonodrum::larry::rockon:

Giants Stadium Claw Construction Photos

5157699.jpg

5157706.jpg

5157697.jpg

5157703.jpg

WCBS NEWSRADIO 880 - Photo Gallery: Building "The Claw" at Giants Stadium - 9/21/2009

lemon love lady,

i would totally take you up on that offer if I was in the nyc area.

Snow Patrol are great live. I would love to see them on this tour but their DC show conflicts with me being in NJ for U2.

The Pit At Giant's Stadium - What Time?

Any thoughts on what time you have to get there to get into the pit area?

thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom