September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've parked there once. The lot is not really big. It's not a multi-level garage or anything like that. I went there on a Saturday, and the lot was deserted. I think because it was still new, so not a lot of people knew about it. They have valet service with the same price as self parking, just pay the tip.

I got there around 12pm I think, and didn't get back until around 9pm. The lot was not nearly full at those two times I was there. Not sure how it's going to be on a concert day with service to Meadowlands...

Thanks for your input. I know it opened recently and I haven't been able to find much about it online, so I agree that most people don't really know it exists yet.

I am hoping I can walk from the Residense Inn on 120. It's within a mile of the stadium, but dunno if there is a sidewalk

SMB

there are no local streets to the meadowlands... it's all highways, so there is no sidewalk.

It a little bit of a walk to the old stadium (its closer to the new stadium).

:scratch: the new stadium is being built right next to the old one

anyone know how early the lot will open before the show? im trying to get there real early for the 2nd show to wait in line for GA but don't know if the lot will be open or if ill have to park elsewhere

Has anyone ever tailgated at Giants Stadium? What was it like?

On their website, it says that the parking lot opens at 4PM... I can't imagine that's true, it must be opening earlier than that... what do you guys think?

I want to get there early because I'm driving from CT and don't want to get stuck in traffic. So, if I arrive early I won't have to worry about that...

I've checked at least the past 12 pages and not found my answer, I've also read all the info I've got with my ticket reservation AND looked for my answer on Giants webpage so please don't execute me for asking. :D

I have my tickets on international will call, when can I pick them up and where? Is it only at the stadium on the date or is there an office on Manhattan as well that I can use and can I pick them up before the actual dates, say on tuesday or so?

This is the only problem that the change of date has caused me (sorry for all you others that have posted about your problems because of this) since I now have GA for wednesday and seats for thursday. Seats doesn't matter if they only can be picked up the same day close to when the gates open but GA's, nono, want to have them in my hand in advance.

So, anyone knows how it works wiht international will call?

I have my tickets on international will call, when can I pick them up and where? Is it only at the stadium on the date or is there an office on Manhattan as well that I can use and can I pick them up before the actual dates, say on tuesday or so?

So, anyone knows how it works wiht international will call?

I wrote to Ticketmaster and they answered that I can collect tickets 3 hours prior to the show at the venue.
I also can't add an alternate name to collect the tickets.

Uh, three hours?

About the name I knew, need passport and the creditcard I payed with as well.

I just don't understand why it is like this, why you can't pick them up earlier, what does that make I mean? More than makes it less hectic for everyone on the day, even the staff working.

Thanks for answering!

Yes the old stadium is past the new stadium. So since its a "Stadium" which are rather large, its a further walk.

And what the heck happened to the Meadowlands??? Last time I was there was October 28th, 2005. So I went last Saturday for Kings Of Leon concert. Man has that place changed. Parking garages, giant ski-slope, new stadium. Crazy. However, I did manager to zip right out of the place and onto the parkway in no time.... Which was pretty good since it was sold out.

GA Questions

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but does anyone know when the parking lot at Giants Stadium will be open? Does anyone know what time you should get there to ensure a good spot on the floor, not necessarily inside the circle but also not a mile away from the stage?:hmm:

^yes, it has been asked a million times. and it has been answered as best as anyone could a million times as well. if I had a quarter for everytime someone asked that question, I would have enough money to pay for my U2 tickets.

Just come whenever you want. The fans at each venue behave differently. Kind of hard to tell what arrival time would ensure a "good spot". In Chicago I heard more than 250 people lined up from the night before. But I know someone who came at 4pm on show day and still got an ok spot. From what I've seen, just like seats, GA doesn't fill up completely until U2 comes on, anyway. So if your concern is not to end up a mile away from the stage, just make sure you're in the stadium before the opening act starts.

Well, I dunno exactly where the Hampton Inn is. I know someone else in these forums staying there too. She has GA, I dunno what you have. I wonder if the shuttle would leave early enough for you guys to get into the GA line. I have a jeep that can seat a few people, I woulda sujested we all drive over the 2 minute drive together and all split parking, but I have seats and won't be going till later in the day

SMB

The Hampton Inn is just down the main road (Patterson Plank Road) so it's close to the Residence Inn. But I do have GA as well on Wed. On Thu I have a seat. I'll check whether Hampton Inn has a shuttle running on those days or not to the concert. I have a feeling it may be available to drop people off, but not pick up after the concert. Does the shuttle pick you up after the concert as well?

Has anyone ever tailgated at Giants Stadium? What was it like?

On their website, it says that the parking lot opens at 4PM... I can't imagine that's true, it must be opening earlier than that... what do you guys think?

I want to get there early because I'm driving from CT and don't want to get stuck in traffic. So, if I arrive early I won't have to worry about that...

I have...It's fun.

Got my two GAs to first NY gig (dont even ask how much, gulp..) fly from Dublin on Monday, now very .confused as to the best way to get to the stadium. On other forums they seem to be saying getting the bus directly from Port Authority terminal is the best option? is this correct - obviously want the fastest method possible! Am i correct (from reading other forums) that the earliest you can leave from NY via train/bus is 3pm?
Thanks!!

^Steve, is there a separate lot for tailgaters?

I remember I went to Giants Stadium last year to watch a soccer match (NY Red Bulls) and everyone parked in one lot, including the tailgaters. But now with the construction of the new stadium, and the satellite lots, etc, I don't know how it works anymore.

I hope this hasn't been asked before (but THAT has been said before :wink:) but I just cant go thru 50 pages of thread :reject:

Does anyone who lives on LI or in the city know what may be the fastest/easiest driving route to the Meadowlands? I tried to make a dry run over the summer with Mapquest directions specifically from my house to the stadium, and I ended up lost in Hoboken :crack: :crack: Such a bad day. Needless to say, Mapquest = :down:
The directions had me go through the Bronx, but my dad says it's better to take the Lincoln tunnel...BUT he doesn't know how to get from the tunnel to the Meadowlands. Can anybody give me any info on how close it is or which is the best way, since the map has failed me?
I now have seats the night BEFORE GA, so I'm going to have to take the train back home and hop right in my car to get to the queue, so I'd like to be as quick as possible.

ETA: The reason I have to go home at all is to drop off my sister :slant:

I hope this hasn't been asked before (but THAT has been said before :wink:) but I just cant go thru 50 pages of thread :reject:

Does anyone who lives on LI or in the city know what may be the fastest/easiest driving route to the Meadowlands? I tried to make a dry run over the summer with Mapquest directions specifically from my house to the stadium, and I ended up lost in Hoboken :crack: :crack: Such a bad day. Needless to say, Mapquest = :down:
The directions had me go through the Bronx, but my dad says it's better to take the Lincoln tunnel...BUT he doesn't know how to get from the tunnel to the Meadowlands. Can anybody give me any info on how close it is or which is the best way, since the map has failed me?
I now have seats the night BEFORE GA, so I'm going to have to take the train back home and hop right in my car to get to the queue, so I'd like to be as quick as possible.

ETA: The reason I have to go home at all is to drop off my sister :slant:

Um, how do you get lost getting to the Meadowlands. That is tough to do. I went from Eastern LI to the IZOD Center on Saturday in about 75-90 minutes. LIE to Cross Island to Throgs Neck Bridge to Cross Bronx to Geo. Washington Bridge to 95/Tpke take exit to Meadowlands just BEFORE toll plaza. Tada you are there...

Now since the concerts are midweek, you don't want to be leaving at rush hour.....

Needless to say, Mapquest = :down:

Whatever you do, DO NOT TRUST Mapquest! I've had problems with them before, and several of my friends got lost multiple times using Mapquest. Finally I had to slap some sense into them and said maybe they should stop using Mapquest.

I use Google maps or Yahoo maps. I also like the ones on AAA website for POI (place of interest).

When in doubt, get back on the NJ Turnpike....

Looks like the outside of the stadium is pretty cramped with construction on the new stadium. Anyone know where they are going to have the GA line? Any specific gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom