September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I would like to ask how far is the stadium from the Seacaucus Junction station?
Is it a walking distance or is there any need of transport?
Thanks!

I am hoping I can walk from the Residense Inn on 120. It's within a mile of the stadium, but dunno if there is a sidewalk

SMB

What time are people getting there for GA? (I apologize if this has already been asked 150 times.)

The prob with this question is that it creates what is known as an 'Early Pressure Loop', or EPL. So that one person says 10am, someone else reads this and thinks they have to be there before that so says 9am, the next person reads this and thinks they have to be there before that and says ...

I'm gonna start queuing just before the encore.

My question is why do people constantly ask that question? Just go and line up when you want.

The prob with this question is that it creates what is known as an 'Early Pressure Loop', or EPL. So that one person says 10am, someone else reads this and thinks they have to be there before that so says 9am, the next person reads this and thinks they have to be there before that and says ...

I'm gonna start queuing just before the encore.

yep.... so the madness ensues...

I always have bad dreams about leaving tickets home. :ohmy:

if you're the one who originally purchased the ticket from TM, the procedure to get a replacement ticket at the box office is actually pretty painless.

i did it before at the US Open tennis match. I bought the ticket just 5 days before the event, and I chose standard mail. The ticket hadn't arrived by the time I had to go to NY. So I just walked up to the box office and told them I lost my ticket. As long as you have the credit card that you used to make the purchase, they can issue the replacement ticket right then and there.

Of course it would have been a different story if I had bought the ticket from another guy or off of ebay.

There is a train that goes directly from the Secaucus station to the Meadowlands. It a little bit of a walk to the old stadium (its closer to the new stadium). So its NY Penn Station to Seacaucus. Seacaucus to Meadowlands by train...

Yes, but 2 VERY important questions -

1) Does this particular train run on non-football game days?

and

2) Does it run ALWAYS AND EARLY or just a couple hours before the event?

Don't mean to be so assertive but I have GA's and am still trying to figure out the best way to get there EARLY. (AM)

and

Don't mean to be so assertive but I have GA's and am still trying to figure out the best way to get there EARLY. (AM)

Worst case scenario, call for a cab....I'm sure plenty of people will be doing that.:wave:

and

1) The train runs for concerts at Giants Stadium as well as games, so yes.

2) Unfortunately, NO. I believe the first train is around 3:30-ish. There are buses that go out there from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC as well as some in/making stops in Jersey, and early...they don't run that frequently so plan ahead..

Can't believe that I need to get a freakin' hotel room for the night between "local" shows but the date swap and my getting old made it necessary, I need the three hours+ (the r/t) it saves for sleep. :) Only for U2. ;)

I was reading that Secaucus Junction now has its own parking lot. Has anyone parked in it? If so, is it large enough that if I'm not getting there until the afternoon, will spots still be available?

I was reading that Secaucus Junction now has its own parking lot. Has anyone parked in it? If so, is it large enough that if I'm not getting there until the afternoon, will spots still be available?

I've parked there once. The lot is not really big. It's not a multi-level garage or anything like that. I went there on a Saturday, and the lot was deserted. I think because it was still new, so not a lot of people knew about it. They have valet service with the same price as self parking, just pay the tip.

I got there around 12pm I think, and didn't get back until around 9pm. The lot was not nearly full at those two times I was there. Not sure how it's going to be on a concert day with service to Meadowlands...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom