September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is going to be hard anyway but I have decided to travel without luggage and since the International flight will be landing in LA first, NY will not be that hard for getting out of the airport (hope so) and yes I have to sort out how to get to the stadium the fastest way possible. Changing the flight is out of the question, all flights fully booked for the days before and I need to upgrade fare adding $1,300 just insane. I am now into be at least in the stadium on time for U2. What I know now is that I am going to be first row for the 24 even if I need to start lining up outside the stadium that night after the 1st concert.
It is unbelievable after so many months planning they just change the date, stupid, no matter the reason.

Well if you're not going to have luggage (!) then it may just work out better taking the JFK Airtrain to the LIRR Jamaica Station, then the Long Island Railroad (NOT the subway) to Penn Station and then the NJ Transit train from Penn Station to Giants Stadium (or at least the LIRR and then a taxi from Penn Sta.)... at least then traffic won't be a worry. Check Long Island Railroad (LIRR) schedules at MTA Home Page and NJ Transit at New Jersey Transit - Home (EDIT - Just looked it up, you have to be on the 7:31PM NJ Transit train out of Penn Station, switch at Secaucus to make it on time for U2).

Well if you're not going to have luggage (!) then it may just work out better taking the JFK Airtrain to the LIRR Jamaica Station, then the Long Island Railroad (NOT the subway) to Penn Station and then the NJ Transit train from Penn Station to Giants Stadium (or at least the LIRR and then a taxi from Penn Sta.)... at least then traffic won't be a worry. Check Long Island Railroad (LIRR) schedules at MTA Home Page and NJ Transit at New Jersey Transit - Home (EDIT - Just looked it up, you have to be on the 7:31PM NJ Transit train out of Penn Station, switch at Secaucus to make it on time for U2).

Thanks for the info, really helpful.
Cheers!!

Anyone coming from Philadelphia? I'll be driving up there sometime (hopefully early) to get line for GA on the 23rd.

I live in South Jersey. Washington Township. I'm going to be coming from Foxboro because i'm going to those shows too.

Anybody know which is easier - taking the NJ Train from Penn Station and taking a shuttle bus to Meadowlands, or taking a Port Authority Bus?

There is a train that goes directly from the Secaucus station to the Meadowlands. It a little bit of a walk to the old stadium (its closer to the new stadium). So its NY Penn Station to Seacaucus. Seacaucus to Meadowlands by train...

There is a train that goes directly from the Secaucus station to the Meadowlands. It a little bit of a walk to the old stadium (its closer to the new stadium). So its NY Penn Station to Seacaucus. Seacaucus to Meadowlands by train...

Alrighty, I guess that's what I'd have to do.

Thanks though

The Seacaucus Junction station is right after you come out of the tunnel from NYC just to let you know that it is not that far.

Does anybody know what that big building with the ramp next to the stadium is? Somebody told me they were building a mal there and that there is a sky ramp indoors? Is this true?

It's a new entertainment complex/wall with an indoor ski facility...that hopefully will keep the NJ people out of VT/NH when it opens. :drool:

Thursday I'll be bored as hell all day at the hotel. I may walk over to the stadium early and hang out for a bit. Maybe catch the band arrive

SMB

I think i'll have better chances of meeting them outside SNL then the stadium. If there is a ton of people there, they may not stop and sign

tickets NY gigs

Hi guys, Can I ask for advice (not sure if this is the right forum to post but here goes..)
Lucky enough to manage to get two GA tickets for the first fantastic gig in Dublin, now myself & hubby are contemplating flying from Dublin to NY to go to the first NY gig. Have been to NY before in December & loved it, so probably has a bigger draw for us than the other US dates. Question is re tickets - there seem to be tons of tickets (even GA) for sale on loads of different sites but after "service charges" & international shipping its a VERY pricey ticket.. Should I bite the bullet & just go for it or are they likely to have difficulty unloading these tickets & try closer to the time? I'm not into seated tickets, was at the Vertigo tour in Dublin in seated seats & totally different experience.
Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom