September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure about the parking at Patriots Place idea then move the car at 3pm. I would be affraid to be stuck in traffic trying to move to the car while the huge GA line forms.

Say i find a parking, 10-15 mins walk from stadium, can i just walk to Patriots Place (say at 1pm or something) or security will be watching for this ? :hmm:

Then at 3pm i use the new RUNNING shoes i just bought! :D

hey guys just wondering if any of you know if willcall tickets can be collected in ticketmaster offices in downtown Boston before Sunday?? I really hope so, as then i dont have to worry about getting those tickets on Sunday!

Any other aussies posting in this thread??

Not that I know of but there are a couple of Aussies coming to our meet-up on Sat. night at Stoneforge in Foxboro. You should join us. Address is 2 Washington St. very close to the stadium. I think the only place to pick up will call tickets is at the stadium. You should have gotten an email from Ticketmaster...I think.

I don't understand why Gillette has no problem opening lots early morning for football games to let people sit and drink for hours but they won't open them to let fans simply line up and wait?

they dont. 4 hours before event time is their standard. this event technically starts at 7, even though they are letting GA in at 5.

Although it spoils the common good of GA ticketing, you'll get a good night's sleep or a good night's drink on Saturday!

They fit 1,200 people inside the circle and having been to numerous U2 shows, there's not going to be a bad place to experience the show. There will NOT be 1,200 people there at 3 pm -- no way in hell. I bet everyone present (and orderly) at 3 pm or even 3:30 pm gets inside and -- as we say here in Boston -- "wicked" close to the stage.

agreed. other than their being a traffic nightmare IF a large portion of the ENTIRE fans come to tailgate for the maximum time (not just the GA fans), I dont see it being much of a problem.

all of us on here that will be milling around the mall and are ready to pounce as soon as we are allowed will be wherever we want on the floor in the end (for me, thats inside on the rear rail).

Im not sure about the parking at Patriots Place idea then move the car at 3pm. I would be affraid to be stuck in traffic trying to move to the car while the huge GA line forms.

Say i find a parking, 10-15 mins walk from stadium, can i just walk to Patriots Place (say at 1pm or something) or security will be watching for this ? :hmm:

Then at 3pm i use the new RUNNING shoes i just bought! :D

you could, but there is NO reason to expect off site parking to open any earlier than the Gillette parking. it may, but it may not and there's not really anyway to check.
Im using an offsite parking lot through a connection with somebody Im going with. We were told their lot opens at 3 PM as well. and thats with the connection.

also 1 person to move the car the rest can get on the line. even if it takes 10 minutes to park and get to the line, I dont see that being a problem with people behind you if one more person jumps on with you.

It's a shame because seeing U2 in Boston was one of my dreams. I've been talking about doing it since 2005 when I saw the Boston Elevation DVD. Miami crowds get no such fun. Plus Boston is my #1 city to visit in the U.S.

Miami Vertigo 2 was awesome. In fact I believe it was The Edge who said it was the best show on the tour. Sorry you're not going to get to go.

Oh and since im not camping overnight anymore, neither waking up at 4am, me and my wife will probably join ya'll at StoneForge Restaurant satuday night! If thats ok... theres still room ?

Oh and since im not camping overnight anymore, neither waking up at 4am, me and my wife will probably join ya'll at StoneForge Restaurant satuday night! If thats ok... theres still room ?

As the saying goes "The more the merrier." I have a feeling this meet-up is going to be bigger than expected. Oh well, more business for Stoneforge.

There's no need for any sort of "riot" or anything like that. Maybe if people just chill a little all will work out. It's not Boston, it's Foxboro-a much more rural town and those are their rules. Even Boston has some sort of rules. I doubt that the Krafts want regular business at Patriot Place disrupted by any sort of large early crowd at Patriot Place either, so just keep that in mind. I would guess that they might have lots of security there watching out for that.

I would imagine that they have had GA concerts there before and it has worked out. I would think that the best attitude would be cooperation and not to antagonize people there and make it worse :shrug:

agreed. other than their being a traffic nightmare IF a large portion of the ENTIRE fans come to tailgate for the maximum time (not just the GA fans), I dont see it being much of a problem.

all of us on here that will be milling around the mall and are ready to pounce as soon as we are allowed will be wherever we want on the floor in the end (for me, thats inside on the rear rail).

you could, but there is NO reason to expect off site parking to open any earlier than the Gillette parking. it may, but it may not and there's not really anyway to check.
Im using an offsite parking lot through a connection with somebody Im going with. We were told their lot opens at 3 PM as well. and thats with the connection.

also 1 person to move the car the rest can get on the line. even if it takes 10 minutes to park and get to the line, I dont see that being a problem with people behind you if one more person jumps on with you.
Yes, I'm trying to just chill and will have my sister wait in line while I move the car. We'll be eating at Patriots Place, so they can't give me crap for parking there earlier in the day.

Why do you like the inside of the rear rail? Because it's along the catwalk? Are there good layout diagrams anywhere? I don't really get what "rear stage" means. Heh.

They fit 1,200 people inside the circle and having been to numerous U2 shows, there's not going to be a bad place to experience the show. There will NOT be 1,200 people there at 3 pm -- no way in hell. I bet everyone present (and orderly) at 3 pm or even 3:30 pm gets inside and -- as we say here in Boston -- "wicked" close to the stage.

Actually, based on a General Admission map on U2.com showing the number of people in various areas of the field, it labled the inner circle as having a capacity of 2,700 people. I think that is why so many people are finding it easy to get in at 6:00 PM or 7:00 PM.

Why do you like the inside of the rear rail? Because it's along the catwalk? Are there good layout diagrams anywhere? I don't really get what "rear stage" means. Heh.

I want to be in the back of the inner circle so that I have the best view of screens above while still being in the inner circle (never won the lottery for Vertigo, but was in there for Elevation so I just want to get back in).

if it ends up being too crowded inside (like what happened at CHicago 1 according to a lot of reports on here) then I'll move to the back by the soundboard area to take it all in and have as much fun.

there is a good discussion and pic of peoples opinions of different locations on the floor at:
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...w-outside-of-it-whats-the-verdict-201083.html

I actually need to go to Bed Bath and Beyond on Sunday (I guess I should say, my WIFE needs to go to BB&B....), so I wont totally be loitering.

I want to be in the back of the inner circle so that I have the best view of screens above while still being in the inner circle (never won the lottery for Vertigo, but was in there for Elevation so I just want to get back in).

if it ends up being too crowded inside (like what happened at CHicago 1 according to a lot of reports on here) then I'll move to the back by the soundboard area to take it all in and have as much fun.

there is a good discussion and pic of peoples opinions of different locations on the floor at:
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...w-outside-of-it-whats-the-verdict-201083.html

I actually need to go to Bed Bath and Beyond on Sunday (I guess I should say, my WIFE needs to go to BB&B....), so I wont totally be loitering.
Awesome! Thanks for the link. I knew there had to be something but couldn't find it myself. :) I may head for the inner circle, back rail. Less pushing there, but still cool.

count me in for milling around on Monday... oh well

sorta glad i traded GAs for seats on Sunday, this all seems rather poorly planned :doh:

Paradise club

Has anyone been to the Paradise Theater (apparently also known as The Paradise Rock Club)? Is this bit of a landmark worth visiting for a U2 fan? I thought it would be kind of interesting to see where they are said to have first played in America (even though they played in New York like a week before).

Is it obvious I'm excited for my first trip out there? :hyper:

Hi, I was there in May to see Gavin Rossdale. Small place-wide stage, standing area not too deep. Holds 600. Sound was good, lighting is crap.
Good small venue to get right up to the stage.

I actually need to go to Bed Bath and Beyond on Sunday

16035__oldschool_l.jpg

I haven't been this giddy since right before the Somerville show!:hyper:

Given the parking/GA situation and my broken foot I am SO glad I'm doing seats! I think we'll try to get there somewhere between 4-5 to guarantee a handicapped parking spot, then we'll just tailgate until we go in. If anyone spots a red mini van with a U2 bumper sticker come say hi--I'll be the one with the crutches and black boot/cast covered with glow sticks!:wave:

ok, i'm taking a little break from packing an saw this..... What the hell.. its gonna be chaos come Sunday.... First, the Patriots with their video recording games incident.. Now, this... Gillette starting to look a bad wart... :wink:

chaos x 1000000

Mel, i look forward to seeing you... i can't remember where or if we ever met but you are on my buddy list on here. My friend diamond bought your "dream out loud" shirt from your website once. We are both coming to boston.

i'm kinda having troubles deciding what u2 shirts to bring, lol!! Gonna be gone 2 weeks! Got all my tickets packed an thats what counts.. Got an ipod ready

ok, back to packing, i'm leaving Arizona tonight an going home to my parents in Seattle,, dad works for Airlines an his airline flies out of seattle to boston.... flying out to boston on Saturday morning!!

later peoples..

i'm ready for the laughing gas.

Hiya!

I think I remember meeting you (tho not sure which show(s) -- my brain is fried right now, lol!).

All my friends who were supposed to go on Sunday dropped out, so I'll be on my own... Just look for the chick in the BO(RED) tank top with long dark blonde/light brown hair sitting all by herself! :reject:

Cheers,
Mel :wave:

Anyone at the Courtyard Marriott (Norwood) hotel doing GA would like to share the horrible parking fee ? (for sunday)

We have 2 options as for when we leave and where we park.

PM me if interested.

Hi, All, don;t know if anyone posted this information from the Patriot Place website, but it seems they have the bases covered for anyone hoping to park in the shopping/dining area of Patroit Place.
I have reserved seats, so am debating wen to getthere to eat, etc then move the car to park in the stadium lots. Or, we eat elsewhere then be at the lots to park around 5-5:30. Not sure when the biggest lines will be and don't want to get stuck in tooo much traffic. From what's stated below, if you park in patriots place and hang out, you can only do so for 2 hours-so, if I want to grab a bite, this means if I show at 2pm, I'd have to move the car to the Stadium lots by 4pm or get a $150 ticket. I'm never seeing anyone here again-not letting people hang for more than 2 hours at the food/retail shops seems ridiculous. don't they want a captive audiance to spend money?
oh-They charge $40 which is a complete rip off, for parking at the stadium. There may be other lots off site that charge less, but if you're doing GA, that's a long hike if your off site lot doesn't open until 3pm.

Event Day Parking:

Patriot Place Parking Map – 2009 Stadium Events

• Access to the Patriot Place North Retail is available through the P6 entrance. During the four hours prior to the event start time (and when state police are present) access to the North Center will be available via a left turn at P4 if arriving from the north on Route 1, and a right turn into P6 if arriving from the south.
  • Access to the Patriot Place South Retail Center is through the P9 entrance by Bass Pro Shops.
  • DURING FULL STADIUM EVENTS (PATRIOTS FOOTBALL, CONCERTS, ETC.), RETAIL PATRONS WILL HAVE AT LEAST TWO HOURS OF FREE PARKING. Upon entry to the parking lot, retail patrons will receive a parking ticket with stamped arrival time and a summary of parking regulations.
  • As a deterrent to event attendees taking advantage of retail parking, VIOLATION OF PARKING GUIDELINES WILL RESULT IN A SUBSTANTIAL FEE OF $150, assessed when exiting the lot, with no exceptions. Lost or damaged parking tickets are subject to the parking fee of $150 and parking attendants are prohibited from waiving violations.
  • THERE IS NO EVENT PARKING, NO TAILGATING AND NO SOLICITATION ALLOWED IN RETAIL PARKING LOTS AT ANY TIME.
This is posted here:
Patriot Place - Shop. Dine. Enjoy. - There is something for everyone at Patriot Place

The residents of Foxboro (or at least a vocal minority) have long protested the existence of the old stadium and now Gillette in their town. They don't like the influx of traffic, noise, trash etc. that acompanies football games and concerts. They are very strict about curfews and so forth. Back in 1987, Van Halen's "Monsters of Rock" tour had to drop one of the bands from the lineup (Kingdom Come, so nobody truly cared) for just the Foxboro show to accomodate the town's scheduling demands.

Of course they can't see the forest for the trees, cause if the Pats had moved to CT 8 yrs ago as almost happened, Foxboro would have been in serious financial straits without the taxes and other revenue generated by the stadium and now the businesses at Patriot Place.

well, if the town doesnt like litter, loitering, and excessive cars, then just let the early arrivals in, and they'll be out of sight out of mind. Seems like their "policies" actually create more trouble than they eliminate.

well, if the town doesnt like litter, loitering, and excessive cars, then just let the early arrivals in, and they'll be out of sight out of mind. Seems like their "policies" actually create more trouble than they eliminate.

Exactly!

Not to get ugly, but theres more parking in Gillette stadium than all of the state of Vermont. I dont get why they dont use it. Unless, they just are too cheap to hire employees to be out there before 3pm to collect the $40 fee to park.

Every other venue on this tour has handled this effortlessly.

in 05 during vertigo tour, the Garden actually asked people to come as early as they wanted, gave out wristbands, and let the people come back later in the day. how civil!! That was with a much smaller venue an far fewer GA patrons as well. Clearly Gillette didnt do their homework, do they know how bad the traffic will be when all those GA people start pouring in?

I was getting really stressed about the whole GA mess, but now I'm going to try to be a little more positive! 2 days people!!! :applaud: I cannot wait, and I'm not gonna let a little GA annoyance ruin my day! :D Anyone have any speculations about when they'll do sound check? I'm going to the cinemas there Saturday evening. Any chance of sound check then? :hmm:

btw they definitely are having security arrive earlier than usual. (I just got an e-mail with everyone's call times), so expect some watchful eyes looking for loitering on stadium premises. (no idea if they will be doing something about people lining up in mall area though) rough estimates: by noon there'll be about 50 security at gillette, by 1:30 around 200, and 2:00 270, 2:30 600! (gotta love excel) of course not all of them will be outside monitoring the GA! :lol: theres a million different positions inside the stadium, just thought it was interesting seeing how many there really are! no messing with security...haha

Biggest event EVER at Gillette Stadium. It's gonna be a mindfuck. They aren't prepared for it

SMB

Agreed. and I think that traffic is going to be the worst ever on the history of the planet :huh: especially at 3pm....gives me a headache just thinking about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom