September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making the reservation this Wednesday. Of course I can probably call and add names, but if you know you can go, please let me know by then.

The meetup is September 19th at CBS Scene next to Gillette Stadium at 7:30. List of attendees so far:

Me
Bonoishot
Lauramullen
Vjacqb
MoodyJ
Tripletmom
Kassandra and friend
Val
Blm
U2FloridaFan and 2 friends
HBK79
Jesseu2
Diamond
Cathalmc
Shawn Bonneau and girlfriend

We'll be driving up from Long Island that day. We are thinking about taking an early ferry, hopefully that will cut off time. Believe it or not its our first trip to the Boston area, looking forward to the entire weekend!!

I have only been to Boston once and that was on the last tour to see U2 on the last show they did there in December

I have only been to Boston once and that was on the last tour to see U2 on the last show they did there in December

I was there, too.
Santa and Elvis dancing was a riot!
I think Elvis actually stole the stage from Bono for a brief moment!:lol:

Getting excited about the shows...
found out that tribute band 2U will be having pre and post shows on both days (20,21)
at both Fusion 5 and Waxy O'Connors- both in Foxboro.( I think they are 2 bands)
May be a good way to pass time after the show instead of trying to get out of the parking lot.
Also, the Joshua Tree band will be playing at Gillette at 5pm both nights as well (sponsored by WAAF a local radio station)not sure if that will be inside, outside, parking lot,etc. (hopefully near the GA line!)

I was there, too.
Santa and Elvis dancing was a riot!
I think Elvis actually stole the stage from Bono for a brief moment!:lol:

I met the guy who was dressed up as Santa before the show. He offered me a shot of Tequila because it was so cold out

Either the Santa or the Elvis (can't remember which one) was staying at the same hotel I was (then called the Shawmut). Talked with him for a bit. He was really cool.

SMB

I'm making the reservation this Wednesday. Of course I can probably call and add names, but if you know you can go, please let me know by then.

The meetup is September 19th at CBS Scene next to Gillette Stadium at 7:30. List of attendees so far:

Me
Bonoishot
Lauramullen
Vjacqb
MoodyJ
Tripletmom
Kassandra and friend
Val
Blm
U2FloridaFan and 2 friends
HBK79
Jesseu2
Diamond
Cathalmc
Shawn Bonneau and girlfriend

Hi

Please count me in too. I'll be flying in on the 19th so it will be nice to meet some people from this forum.

Cheers

Brendan

Do you guys realize how huge the Claw is gonna look at Gillette? ha. It's such a small stadium. The catwalk will pass beyond the 50 yard line. The silver thingy will be above the stadium itself. I was there last month. Looking at the place and thinking "wow, every seat is gonna be a good one". Gonna be loud too. The Claw will take over the stadium ha

SMB

Hehe, will it beat this? This photo is taken from outside the stadium. Loads of people gathered outside and saw the show on the tv-screen perfectly.

Oh, for sure people could stand outside the stadium and watch the show. There is a certain area where you can accually pear into the stadium and see the entire stage. There is nothing private about Gillette Stadium. You can see the U2 screen for sure outside the stadium. And, obviously, you'll be able to hear it a mile away haha. But, it'll be far better being inside the stadium. I don't think a lotta people will gather outside Gillette cause of its odd location, but there will be a handful I am sure

SMB

gillette-stadium-1.3.jpg

As you can see, the Claw will dominate that

SMB

The ramp will come a little further out, the claw will reach the top of the second level at least and the penis stick thingy with the ball on top will be higher than the stadium

SMB

Is that a King Kong size peeled banana?

(There are some things you just NEVER imagine yourself saying on a U2 forum ...)

That is HUGE compared to the stadium on the photo I inserted. Here is one from the inside. http://www.gp.se/content/1/c6/50/91/61/116555.jpg It will be fun to see it on a smaller field though since we have racetracks surrounding the soccer field which broadens the field quite a bit. It was cool though to see the spire from over two miles away, with the central city in between. :D Tiny city, tiny stadium, huge stage....

I have no intention anyway to be standing on the outside. ;) So as long as it's looking good from inside I'm happy, which I know it does. :)

Yes, fieldwise. Capacitywise they take more spectators, at least than "mine". So it will be fantastic to see the show with an even greater audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom