September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as i posted in another thread...two of our group got stamps at 6:45 or perhaps even as late as 7...just before snow patrol...

so many pages, can't bother to go back and read them (sorry). Had an amazing time. Preferred night #1, but LOVED both shows.

Anyone in GA lined up around the girl who slept in her suitcase (night 1)? That is my bro's gf. Say hi if you know me! Loved hanging out with everyone in line. Wish I was going to more shows!!!!

Thanks for the update! That makes it four shows in a row that people have been able to get into the inner circle after arriving at 6:00 PM or later.

People were able to get in after 7 both nights in TO. As soon as I realized that, I was doubly happy that I didn't bother lining up.

so many pages, can't bother to go back and read them (sorry). Had an amazing time. Preferred night #1, but LOVED both shows.

Anyone in GA lined up around the girl who slept in her suitcase (night 1)? That is my bro's gf. Say hi if you know me! Loved hanging out with everyone in line. Wish I was going to more shows!!!!

YES!!!! I slept with my back to that suitcase! I was with solacevip aka Mark. Didn't you take pics with us? Post em up! Plus, I never even realized you were shannonkv, you didn't even mention it really :lol:

Great to have met you three, and very great to hear you had a great time! :up:

the second show the Pit was much fuller. after snow patrol when i went out they were not letting nayone in who didnt have a stamp saying retro on the hand

YES!!!! I slept with my back to that suitcase! I was with solacevip aka Mark. Didn't you take pics with us? Post em up! Plus, I never even realized you were shannonkv, you didn't even mention it really :lol:

Great to have met you three, and very great to hear you had a great time! :up:

ohhh. I'm guessing by your username that you are Gabe...? Ya I kind of forgot about interference stuff after awhile :doh: lol I don't have any pics really though. Missy took a couple with Mark but that's about it though.

Are you going to Boston?

I'm surprised this applies to Night 2 as well because the pit looked a lot fuller than the night before and the GA line was waaay longer, too.

It was fuller but I feel like they let more people in.

For example, having arrived at almost the same time on Thursday, we were told that they were not letting people in on the Edge's side, so we went to Adam's side (it makes no sense whatsoever given that it's a circle), and had no problem getting in. We then waited and had the rest of our group join us between 6:30 and 7:15 without a problem.

I always lined up before when I had GAs, but for a stadium, no way would I ever do it. Really not worth it unless you're dying to have the rail, and I've been very lucky in life that I have seen them from the front many times, so I no longer feel the need to do spend hours on the pavement doing so.

I'm really happy for those who did get up close for their first time, I remember how magical it was. :)

I went to line at 9 am and got number 276. In the end I ended up on the fence on the inside of the circle. So basically i saw their backs and butts during "crazy tonight". Still it was a sweet sweet spot. I could've gone to the first row because when I got in the circle it was almost empty but the stage is too tall and i'd only see their heads and Larry's cymbals.

It might be because of the Rim workers thingy, or because I saw U2 in Buenos Aires before, but the audience on this show seemed very very very very lame to me. Almost nobody jumped/sang/screamed during the show. I'm sort of disappointed about that. Because of that next time I'm going somewhere else to see them live.

Here's a video I recorded during Crazy Tonight. Sorry it's shaky at the end xD. I HAD to jump.

YouTube - I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight - Live from Toronto Sept 17

Tagged onto the end of the GA queue around 5pm sharp. Got about ten or fifteen rows back in the middle outside the inner circle, and I am convinced I had a much better time there than I would have had in the inner circle.

We were far back enough to see the entire spectacle in all its glory, but at the same time were about as far from the band as we would be in a decent night in an arena. So, best of both worlds, really.

Pretty docile crowd during the songs, but then again I doubt anything could compare to seeing them at the Bell Centre for my first GA show in 2005.

It was fuller but I feel like they let more people in.

For example, having arrived at almost the same time on Thursday, we were told that they were not letting people in on the Edge's side, so we went to Adam's side (it makes no sense whatsoever given that it's a circle), and had no problem getting in. We then waited and had the rest of our group join us between 6:30 and 7:15 without a problem.

I always lined up before when I had GAs, but for a stadium, no way would I ever do it. Really not worth it unless you're dying to have the rail, and I've been very lucky in life that I have seen them from the front many times, so I no longer feel the need to do spend hours on the pavement doing so.

I'm really happy for those who did get up close for their first time, I remember how magical it was. :)

Funny thing about the Edge's side. I commented to my husband at about 8:30,that there looked like far more people on Adam's side. There was plenty of room on the Edge side at that point. I found that odd. My husband wondered if it was just our angle but the Edge side wasn't very full regardless.

smileymbcastard, you were at Jack Astors afterward?? I was there too. Where about were you sitting?

He was? I thought he said he was too tired and went home?

Funny how we organized a get-together and no one ended up showing! :lol:

After being told that no place in the area would be taking reservations, I didn't think there was much point in trying for one. Plus, once I was at the dome, my internet access was very limited, so there wasn't much I could do.

We ended up at Gretzky's. We walked into the bar area and it was so noisy you couldn't talk without screaming, so I asked the bar person if there was a quieter area. She said that their lounge room off to the side was completely empty, so we had that all to ourselves. There were 8 of us, and it was sooooo nice being able to sit there, talk at a normal volume, enjoy drinks, order off the full menu, etc. There was actually enough room that the entire gathering probably would have fit in there. Too bad there was no way to get in touch with everyone else.

I ended up at Jack Astors with a couple of friends. We went out the front of the stadium and walked up around the block avoiding that bottleneck at the bridge going to Front St.

When we got to Jack's, the dining area was nearly empty but filled up quickly afterwards. We stuffed ourselves with pizza, fajitas, and lobster/crab dip and I had this mini pie with ice cream that took 20 minutes to make, it was :drool:

I saw lots of U2 fans there but I have no idea what anyone looks like. My pic is posted on my profile but I never checked other profiles for pictures as I was unsure if I would be there for sure.

I actually was outside the Overdraught, but there was a lineup :( so I moved on.

:( Tuesday night at the Overdraught, both a waitress and the manager told me that they only have a capacity of 130 people, and they absolutely could not take reservations, that we could show up Thurs night anyway if we wanted to try to get in, but even getting in at all would be unlikely since they're so small.

I suggested Gretzky's months ago, but everyone seemed to want to go the Irish pub route. We maybe should have stuck with that. :(

After being told that no place in the area would be taking reservations, I didn't think there was much point in trying for one. Plus, once I was at the dome, my internet access was very limited, so there wasn't much I could do.

We ended up at Gretzky's. We walked into the bar area and it was so noisy you couldn't talk without screaming, so I asked the bar person if there was a quieter area. She said that their lounge room off to the side was completely empty, so we had that all to ourselves. There were 8 of us, and it was sooooo nice being able to sit there, talk at a normal volume, enjoy drinks, order off the full menu, etc. There was actually enough room that the entire gathering probably would have fit in there. Too bad there was no way to get in touch with everyone else.

Ah, no worries, I didn't feel so hot on Thursday so I probably wouldn't have gone out anyway.
Next tour! :wink:

I was so emotionally and physically exhausted after all that had happened, I sat down and ate a veggie dog, took a brief look at the harbor at night, and went straight home...which, due to lane closures (great idea to have them the night of a U2 show), didn't happen til about 4:30. I usually get into the city in just over an hour.

Sorry I didn't make any gatherings. My phone was unusable at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom