September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best parking I could find was the Millenium Lot, [URL="http://www.millenniumgarages.com/"]www.millenniumgarages.com [/URL], however only Grant Park South at 325 South Michigan for $17. The East Monroe and Millennium Park Garage will be at $25 for the entire day due to the Celtic Festival. You need to park after 4PM to get this deal, however you can stay parked untill 5am. There is a city bus, #146, for $2.25 that will take you right to soldier field from Michigan and Jackson. There are severl decent bar and grills along Michigan on the way to Soldier Field. If you are in good shape, and don't mind the walk, it is 1.6 miles away from soldier field.

I found cheap parking ($13) and a shuttle to soldier field:applaud:
Just wondering where this parking is located. I emailed the Millenium garages, and they will not be having a shuttle to and from soldier field for U2.

I really hope it doesn't rain... is anybody going the second day GA know what time you are camping out?? Like i don't know when i should get there. Plus parking... where did you guys find cheap parking lot nearby? I don't mind a walk..

+ Plus whats something essential to bring along for the wait? Besides gear for rain??

I found cheap parking ($13) and a shuttle to soldier field:applaud:

Where ?!?!?!?:ohmy:

How much for The Shuttle:hmm:

NoSpokenWords I am looking at MapQuest for the drive on Friday morning when I get on I-294N it says (Portions Toll) any idea for those travelling in how much those Tolls are:huh:

U2 will check into hotel on Tues. I'm guessing they'll rehearse Thurs-Fri or perhaps Wed-Fri

do you know which hotel?

and do you think they will rehearse considering that they've been on tour? i might just head down to Soldier Field after class one day to check it out.

Just wondering where this parking is located. I emailed the Millenium garages, and they will not be having a shuttle to and from soldier field for U2.
I spoke to someone yesterday and she said they have a 24 hour shuttle. That sucks!, I need to take my rental for Sunday, I have GA and want to have access to the car to store things. If anyone wants to car pool from any of the near by Ohare hotels you are welcome to join us. We are staying at the Radisson O'hare:wave:

do you know which hotel?

and do you think they will rehearse considering that they've been on tour? i might just head down to Soldier Field after class one day to check it out.

i think they will rehearse, since they did before the 2nd leg of Vertigo, and had about 3 weeks lay off between leg 1 and leg 2 in 2005.

and if they are indeed playing Your Blue Room with the Space Station people, they'll definitely need to rehearse that.

i think they will rehearse, since they did before the 2nd leg of Vertigo, and had about 3 weeks lay off between leg 1 and leg 2 in 2005.

and if they are indeed playing Your Blue Room with the Space Station people, they'll definitely need to rehearse that.

Nice job using the spoiler tag for an actual spoiler.

And I thought you were leaving us after yesterday!

MrPurrl just realized that Notre Dame is playing Saturday, and the Colts on Sunday. So now he's hem-hawing about going to the show! :sad:

I could be at the Mich/ND game and chose the concert instead....God invented things like iphones, etc for a reason...you can keep track while in the GA line! ;)

Well, will it really be that much less wet in the seats?! I have seats behind-ish the stage for the first time--psyched to finally have that experience--and I guess a huge crowd struggling to deal with the weather will be interesting, I hope not a downer, I think it might be kinda cool actually. As long as the wind isn't too bad, that is, that wind by the lake can make the "...I can breathe.." line feel like a lie, sigh.

The band will have the claw to protect them, no?! Oh, I guess unless and until they wander out onto the catwalks! But wet Bono is also cool:sexywink:
He'll just have to have honeyed teas on hand for the voice I guess...

cheers all...

:shrug: I'm not sure....because I have higher seats than you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom