Seattle Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed... Will be nice if they rotate I Will Follow / Out Of Control / Gloria / Electric Co

This way you don't know what they're actually going to close with each night
That's what I was thinking too. Overall it looks like they realized that the show needed a bit more of a punch. Glad to see they made adjustments

Those few small tweaks seem to make quite the difference. Hope they remain for LA!

Only watched up until WTSHNN but thought it was a big step up from Night 1;
LOVE IWF to close!!

Does anyone know if the Pogues' song was played at a louder volume than the other pre-concert tunes? I always liked how People have the Power kicked it into high gear and everyone knew to take notice.

Does anyone know if the Pogues' song was played at a louder volume than the other pre-concert tunes? I always liked how People have the Power kicked it into high gear and everyone knew to take notice.

Yes, that's how I identified it as the walk on song in Vancouver. It was louder and I thought to myself, "This has got to be the walk on song." and it was.

Yeah. As showtime gets closer, it's always like "is this song a little louder than the others? no? Maybe?" And then the actual last song starts and you think "Oh yeah, THIS is louder, this is it."

What a fucking blast. So happy to have such a good show to balance out my many mixed feelings after Vancouver. Amazing crowd.

IWF wasn't on the setlist. I think it was a reaction to the crowd that made them play one more and go out on a high. While I like the thematic ending of the new song and the album art (OR IS IT???) for SOE on the screen, one more rocker is the way to end the show after a few downer songs in a row.

Last edited:
Sounds like "i mag" to me? I wonder if it's an instruction to the crew regarding some aspect of the production.

I think you're right. A google search for "R MAG" says it refers to circuit breakers.

"I MAG" however brings up the following

The term IMAG is a short form for "image magnification" used in the audiovisual production industry. It refers to large-scale theatrical or concert video projection to enable audience members seated at great distance from the stage to see details of the performer's body language and facial expressions that could not be seen with the unaided eye.[1][2][3][4]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAG

So it seems like this was completely unplanned and a classic on stage "audible"

Oh, and I'm so glad I was able to see the screen straight-on last night from GA. From the side, you miss some detail in the fold/curve of the screen. Most noticeably - in Beautiful Day when their heads are on the screen, in Vancouver Larry was completely hidden. I was so confused why only 3 of them were on the screen.

Last night, straight on view - Oh! There's Larry. :lol:

Setlist changes are great and the videos seem fantastic! This is definitely on the right track - opening nights are always jittery, and this seems like real improvement. So excited for Dallas.

Also, can I just say how much I appreciate the theme on Ultraviolet, which happens to be my favorite song? Makes me really proud to be a fan of this band. :heart:

You all laugh at Vertigo x2, but Seattle 2005 was the first time they did that, and it fucking KILLED.

You all laugh at Vertigo x2, but Seattle 2005 was the first time they did that, and it fucking KILLED.

nah, I think it was awesome, and thought it was a much better closer on that tour than 40.

The best was when they did it in New Jersey, closed with 40, but Larry's drum solo turned into the Vertigo drum beat.

Back
Top Bottom