Searching for the sound of Bono's guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blm

New Yorker
Bonogirl1777 and I, and we are sure many of you, want to know in what songs -live or studio- can you hear Bono playing a guitar.

Anyone?????

Well, the only song I know of is the album version of Exit. The thing is, it doesn't sound good. It's like a scrapping noise!!!:lol:

The only other time is in the surveilence cam version of RTSS on the Vertigo DVD. It sounds REALLY bad. I'm deeply sorry Bono and I still love you even if you aren't the best guitar player! :yes: :love:

:heart: :bono: :heart:

Well, there have been plenty of threads devoted to Bono's guitar playing, and they usually never end very well. :uhoh: Poor Bono... however, in his defense I will say he plays a lot better than I do.
So I say you go Bono! :bow: :love: :drool:

bonosmilehappysmile.jpg

well, lets make sure this one stays true to the spirit of Bono's guitar playing.

I'm pouring a drink right now and saluting Bono's unique guitar playing. "To Bono!"

<holds up a cosmopolitan>

Last edited:
double post...sorry
(swear I've only had one sip)

Last edited:
ok, so it took me 4 times to correct my prior posts...come on over, bonocomet and I'll pour you a glass so we both can toast Bono.

admit it Bonogirl777, you loved that performance of "In God's Country."

And this comment!

"Give me a break. I don't think anyone could teach Bono how to play guitar. Every time I've seen him with a guitar in his hands, he looks ridiculous. He doesn't actually PLAY it, he just sort of holds it, awkwardly, while he croons. It's like a fashion accessory. Sort of like his fancy, non-glare resistant sunglasses and the cowboy hat."

The nerve! :mad: :madspit:

Have you seen the vid of Bono playing his accoustic guitar while singing Lucille? It's during an interview during JT. I really like it :happy:

(It's just him and the guitar, good chance to hear him play and he sounds good to me)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom