Santiago Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The performance of MOTD gives me hope that U2 will play One Tree Hill in New Zealand. :hyper:

Now let's start praying that it's a full band version. :drool:

And come on, VAN DIEMEN'S LAND FOR AUSTRALIA!

foto_portada.jpg

Hey, el_milagro, was Love Rescue Me snippeted at the end of AIWIY like in Sao Paulo?

And I assume Bullet had its usual snippets? Do you recall any others, like perhaps She Loves You in Vertigo? I'm curious as to whether Bono's still doing the Rolling Stones' Satisfaction snippet in The Fly or if that's going to stay in Brazil.

Canadiens1160 said:

You can now hold out hope for One Tree Hill :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

It's all about the one, the tree, the hill. :combust: :combust: :combust:

(Well, nowadays, it's about the none, the no tree, the hill. Maybe Bono will change the lyrics! :hmm: )

el_milagro said:
Yes, She Loves You in Vertigo, Satisfaction in The Fly and no Love Rescue Me...
Did i tell you that The Edge played "Charanago"!!! :drool:

Cool, thanks! :) Shame there was no Love Rescue Me snippet, but it's not my favourite song so I wouldn't be bugged if it's a once-off. Heartland, however? Just a snippet would be enough to give me a heart attack of joy! :lol:

I had to look up what a charango is on Wikipedia. It looks neat, I hope some video (either proshot or fan) of Edge playing that comes online!

If you don't mind another question, el_milagro, did Cielito Lindo appear anywhere, like at the end of Beautiful Day or ISHFWILF? Bono sung that Portuguese version in Brazil and I was wondering if he'd bring back the Spanish version in Chile or sing another traditional song or let MOTD count as the 'traditional' song.

Edge was amazing playing the Charango, he might learned how to play it in the afternoon, the Chilean president gave Bono the Charango as a present in the same afternoon after the soundcheck. In the soundcheck they played MOTD full band...

No cielito lindo...

Interesting fact worth noting about today's setlist: Achtung Baby, HTDAAB, and The Joshua Tree were all represented by five songs a-piece.

Axver said:
Interesting fact worth noting about today's setlist: Achtung Baby, HTDAAB, and The Joshua Tree were all represented by five songs a-piece.

That has to be a first... the first time that U2's mined three different albums for five songs each.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

umm i dont have a logon for this site..it just takes me to the logon part..

I do...the URLs here are missing the at the end, should be (copy and paste if these aren't clickable):

EDIT: Argh, I guess Interference doesn't like MPEG extensions...

el_milagro said:
Edge was amazing playing the Charango, he might learned how to play it in the afternoon, the Chilean president gave Bono the Charango as a present in the same afternoon after the soundcheck. In the soundcheck they played MOTD full band...

No cielito lindo...

FULL BAND Mothers Of The Disappeared? :ohmy: Did you hear the full band version well enough to have an opinion on whether it was better or worse than the Bono/Edge version on charango? I suppose it was pretty cool to see Edge playing a traditional instrument of your country?

Back
Top Bottom