Santiago Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn, that chick f*cked that song up way bad.

And why in the WORLD would they let her sing the "I don't believe in painted roses" line!?!?!?! That's Bono's strongest line in the whole song!

Even a song as magnificent live as One Tree Hill had to have its crappy version sometime I guess.

(just because)
bonolarrysqueemullengirl.gif

:cute:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

One Tree Hill! I approve very strongly. :up: Love that song...

I haven't heard this version, and I probably won't bother listening to it, but I like them playing this song on principle.

Even without Francisca that is a carcrash of a performance. Thank God for teleprompters at least he got some of the words right

That performance may have been the worst, but I believe without the girl it would have sounded just fine. The lyrics mess up's were pretty cool really... (even though he forgot the first line, WTH? :angry: ) The guitar solo was killer at the end. I guess One Tree Hill's my favorite song, I believe they can do no wrong with it.

The guitar solo was killer at the end.

It would have been killer if Boner didn't start shouting shit as soon as Edge really got into it. Is there a way that man could keep his mouth shut for more than 12 seconds?

Edge is playing OTH as great as ever, but the girl they brought on ruined it. YIKES. I'm not sure what happened, the setlist that was clearly real was changed prior to the show, for the worse. How on earth can they play a full version of Mothers Of The Disappeared in Istanbul and not in Chile???? Lazy is my guess, they did not feel like rehearsing it. Still hope for the rest of the South American leg but this setlist other than a poor version of OTH is not encouraging at all.

Not to sure how anyone can moan about the setlist when this is the first time the show has gone to south america, oh well

I've decided that Still Haven't Found has become one of my favorite songs they play on the current tour.

It's an oldie, but a goodie. I think it sounds so much more alive on 360 than it has in the past. Edge's guitar is fantastic, and the part where the band's volume is turned down and the audience sings the vocals is chilling. I sure hope they keep that in the set for the rest of the tour.

Plus, it's a good segway for Bono to ramble on about nothing.

Yeah, this type of setlist was to be expected for the South American shows.

There's still a chance they switch stuff up for N.A. though, right?
No

Not to sure how anyone can moan about the setlist when this is the first time the show has gone to south america, oh well

:lol: Also the first time they have played SA without playing "at least" a full acoustic version of MOTD. What they did with it at this show was weak and lazy, sorry. OTH is outstanding if they play it and musically it was fantastic, I even said it was the one encouraging thing about the setlist. Originally they had a full version of MOTD and the Stingray intro on the setlist with OTH also. They changed it back to what they did the most recently other than OTH (which was still a butcher job of the song vocally) at the last minute. Its called playing it safe and not wanting to rehearse. I still think they may do MOTD in full in SA. But Chile gets one show and they did not really get it. Surprising and a little disappointing even from a U2 perspective. I'm sure the show was still great, but it could be better and MOTD should be played there just like OTH in New Zealand. Seriously, Instanbul gets a full band MOTD and Chile just gets a few chords of it in the Streets intro? Doesn't fit, it appears to be laziness by the band. Bono hates rehearsing and it appears MOTD was axed for Chile as a result.

Fortunately they are playing multiple shows at the remaining cities in SA. Which could mean some change or a few variations as they will have more soundcheck time. So anything is possible, I'm just saying this setlist is not encouraging (other than OTH as I mentioned) based on this particular show.

That girl singer sang OTH like it didn't mean anything to her, except 'yay, I'm on stage with Bono'! It would have been OK, maybe, for IALW, but that was just embarrassing :down:

That OTH was brutal. Even Edge turned away from the spectacle.

Maybe if he'd sung it as he did in the rehearsal, it would have been better. Or, maybe if Bono had rehearsed it. Or, maybe if she didn't come up and ruin it.

Guitar solo was perfect and awesome. However, considering the rest of the song leading up to it is unlistenable now, I'll never listen to this version again.

So, instead, all can cleanse your palates with this, the best EVER version of OTH live. (And no, this is not actual video from the performance - it was Dublin Dec 26/89 - and some very creative editing from R/H outtakes)

YouTube - U2 One Tree Hill Outtake Video Remix using 26/12/89 Audio

Okay, I couldn't finish watching the OTH video. Here's a tip; U2, keep your guest singers to ISHFWILF. Here's a song most people have never heard live and they have to put up with this chick who thinks she's on American Idol. :doh:

It would have been killer if Boner didn't start shouting shit as soon as Edge really got into it. Is there a way that man could keep his mouth shut for more than 12 seconds?

Yeah, this. God I wish he'd just shut up and let Edge play the damn solo, especially after that tart fucked up the lyrics. I can understand Bono butchering the lyrics, he always does that and it's par for the course, but come on, if you're going to sing with U2, wouldn't you put some time into learning your lines? Seriously, "while bullets rape ... the merciless"? Jesus fucking christ, I can't sing at all, but U2 should bring me on stage because I'd do a better job than that.

Plus I'd remember the 26 December 1989 bonus verse.

Folks, Spiderman is killing this band right now. It will probably end up as the worst mistake of their career not just because of the production itself. But more so this is the tail end of their career where its time to cement their legacy. I firmly believe its cutting into valuable rehearsal and creativity time not to mention putting severe strain on the release of the next album(s). Very frustrating.

Can i just say what a version of UTEOTW, just utter wow, but yes lets carry on and focus on all the negative stuff about U2, thats what U2 fandom is all about.

Back
Top Bottom