Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewCowley said:

Agree! I think its because TUF is mixed and mastered really nicely. Unlike Bomb for instance which is just too loud, everything is just maxed out. TUF has depth.

I think UF has the best mixing of any U2 album. Some of the others are dreadful, but UF is gorgeously layered and full of depth, detail, and warm, inviting atmospheric goodness. A true masterpiece.

AndrewCowley said:
I wanted AIWIY to be played in Australia! I saw 7 shows and didn't get it once. Now I'm jealous.

I was expecting it in Australia before the tour began, but once they started doing Kite, I ruled it out. I'm really surprised that it's back! A bit jealous too, but not nearly as jealous as I'd be if they were playing something like The Unforgettable Fire, Gone, or The Electric Co.

Axver said:

I think UF has the best mixing of any U2 album. Some of the others are dreadful, but UF is gorgeously layered and full of depth, detail, and warm, inviting atmospheric goodness. A true masterpiece.
Zooropa is pretty good too. Almost all the others have major faults. Wonder why U2 CD's fail so badly in this regard?

:applaud:Yea for U2! They've done a great job of mixing things up these past few weeks. I just wish I could've been there! :sad:

Tokyo 2:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until the End of the World
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Angel of Harlem
The First Time
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
One Tree Hill
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
-----
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You
-----
Window in the Skies
Desire
All I Want is You

SMB

Here's an interesting stat for you good folk: this show is the first show since the Slane DVD gig (2001-09-01) to feature three songs from Rattle And Hum.

glad to see Until the End of the World return to the fold, still no LAPOE or Electric co :(

G'bye RavenBlue. I've got to go as well (although I'd much rather stay on here than get my son up for school)!

AndrewCowley said:

Zooropa is pretty good too. Almost all the others have major faults. Wonder why U2 CD's fail so badly in this regard?

It baffles me. I can understand the early albums having poor mixing, but since JT, U2 have had the money to pay for the best mixing in the world, and for the most part, they haven't even got close.

I say they should just hire Steven Wilson. The man's a genius.

All I Want is You closed in South America on some shows... Love is Blindness, Bad, Vertigo, "40" and One Tree Hill and the best... Kite

SMB

Axver said:

There has always been somthing in TUF thats bothered me that I couldn't quiet put my finger on. But listening to it the other week I've realised it's the bizzarely Pride that messes it up. I seriously think TUF would be a stronger album (as in a cohesive unit) without it. Of course they would've been fools to leave it off.

HOLY SHIT, SHINE LIKE STARS IS BACK!

pjotr said:
Wow, shine like stars snippet, first time this tour isn't it??

Nope, it was done at one New York show, 2005-10-11, I think.

bgmckinney said:
Is the first time on VT AIWIY has closed? If so, what's the current count for show closers on the tour? Must be bigger than it ever has before.

No, AIWIY closed something like three South American gigs. Vertigo definitely is one of the tours with the most closers, but depending upon whether you view certain songs as snippets or independent songs, Popmart still has the advantage.

Axver said:

It baffles me. I can understand the early albums having poor mixing, but since JT, U2 have had the money to pay for the best mixing in the world, and for the most part, they haven't even got close.

I say they should just hire Steven Wilson. The man's a genius.

In my book every post-War album except ATYCLB and Zooropa are among the best-mixed I have ever heard. And even those are pretty good. Achtung is flawless. It's one of the things I've loved about U2 for years.

timothius said:

There has always been somthing in TUF thats bothered me that I couldn't quiet put my finger on. But listening to it the other week I've realised it's the bizzarely Pride that messes it up. I seriously think TUF would be a stronger album (as in a cohesive unit) without it. Of course they would've been fools to leave it off.

Yeah, Pride is pretty much the only link from UF back to U2's earlier material. I often wonder if it would have been better off as a stand-alone single released a little earlier, and then something like The Three Sunrises put on UF and either it or ASOH used as the UF lead single. Probably wouldn't have gone down as well though.

bgmckinney said:

In my book every post-War album except ATYCLB and Zooropa are among the best-mixed I have ever heard. And even those are pretty good. Achtung is flawless. It's one of the things I've loved about U2 for years.

Are you serious? I consider Achtung and HTDAAB to be two of the worst mixed albums released by anyone. Achtung's far too indistinct, to the point that So Cruel is unlistenable and UTEOTW's ending is sucked of all its life. And HTDAAB, oh my goodness, HTDAAB - whoever thought "louder is better" is true is insane. The clipping on HTDAAB drives me nuts; you just can't play that loud. I thought my CD was defective initially, but it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom