Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RavenBlue said:
I thinks I'll be listening to TUF album today :yes:

Good choice! No matter how much my tastes may evolve (primarily towards prog and obscure stuff), UF remains my favourite album of all time. It has such a beautiful, ethereal atmosphere. :love:

I just realized, of the 4 concerts I saw last year, I only got to hear Zoo Station and The Fly just once. Yet Instant Karma twice. I wish it was reversed.

Axver said:

Yep, I never would have predicted it to return.

However, I think the biggest shock has to be The Ocean. It can claim the title of U2 song with the longest gap between performances. I'm still surprised they chose it, of all songs, to play.

For me the biggest song surprises are First time (didn't even get played on Zoo TV), Miss Sarajevo (a Passengers song?!?) and One tree hill (not done since Lovetown, and I never expected to see any JT song past track no. 5 to make it back live).

Album-wise, definitely surprised to see the Boy and AB love on this tour.

bono_man2002 said:
The Setlist and Bitching Parties were quite good too :giggle:

:lmao: I remember I changed the actual title to that for a while and the mods finally requested that I change it back to "watch"!

Axver said:

Heh! I'd swear some of the melody of Dirty Old Town is used as the basis of part of the snippet.

I don't think it's Dirty Old Town - I'm trying to find it too. It's clearly an Irish folk song, one about mining, presumably with the november-remember lyric improved by Bono to fit the occassion.

circa1992 said:
I just realized, of the 4 concerts I saw last year, I only got to hear Zoo Station and The Fly just once. Yet Instant Karma twice. I wish it was reversed.

From Listening back off Bootlegs, Instant Karma reminds me of why U2 would never work as a cover band....I just didnt like how it sounded.

U2 tour.de claims this is the encore:

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Wits
Desire
AIWIU

U2girl said:

For me the biggest song surprises are First time (didn't even get played on Zoo TV), Miss Sarajevo (a Passengers song?!?) and One tree hill (not done since Lovetown, and I never expected to see any JT song past track no. 5 to make it back live).

Album-wise, definitely surprised to see the Boy and AB love on this tour.

Oh, yes, I think I'd have to consider The First Time to be an even greater surprise than The Ocean. That was mindblowing. It was the first time a song made its live debut on a tour later than the tour promoting the album its from.

Miss Sarajevo's return stunned me too. Doesn't Bono love Your Blue Room? It would be great if they dusted that one off next tour.

The Boy love on this tour was sensational. I hope it continues.

coolian2 said:
My working theory on Angel is a real song with adjusted lyrics (All Blacks reference in there, i'm sure)

Same.

Do you get the feeling that if Bono had have dropped his Warriors jacket out at any part of the show but the beginning of the show it would've gone down like a lead balloon.

He's probably just gone, who is the home team at this place? Without knowing the apathy that most of Auckland seems to have towards them now. :lol:

Axver said:

Good choice! No matter how much my tastes may evolve (primarily towards prog and obscure stuff), UF remains my favourite album of all time. It has such a beautiful, ethereal atmosphere. :love:
Agree! I think its because TUF is mixed and mastered really nicely. Unlike Bomb for instance which is just too loud, everything is just maxed out. TUF has depth.

Axver said:

Miss Sarajevo's return stunned me too. Doesn't Bono love Your Blue Room? It would be great if they dusted that one off next tour.

The Boy love on this tour was sensational. I hope it continues.

Me too...only wish Electric Co. would have been rotated with IWF.

bgmckinney said:

I don't think it's Dirty Old Town - I'm trying to find it too. It's clearly an Irish folk song, one about mining, presumably with the november-remember lyric improved by Bono to fit the occassion.

I know some folk have suggested Springhill Mining Disaster, but it really doesn't sound like SMD's melody to me.

There's one point in there where I feel like Bono's just about to sing "dreamed a dream by the old canal", so that's why I get a Dirty Old Town feel.

timothius said:

Same.

Do you get the feeling that if Bono had have dropped his Warriors jacket out at any part of the show but the beginning of the show it would've gone down like a lead balloon.

He's probably just gone, who is the home team at this place? Without knowing the apathy that most of Auckland seems to have towards them now. :lol:

Wait for them to start winning, Auckland will love them again!

Axver said:

It was the first time a song made its live debut on a tour later than the tour promoting the album its from.

Does S. Thing count on that? I know that was a single and a re-recorded version but it never made the JT tour...

bono_man2002 said:

From Listening back off Bootlegs, Instant Karma reminds me of why U2 would never work as a cover band....I just didnt like how it sounded.
It was OK, and somewhat special just because they have not done that very often, but like I said...we would have MUCH preferred a U2 song, especially The Fly! It would've been awesome to thrash around to that from the first and second row in front of the stage!:rockon:

U2girl said:
U2 tour.de claims this is the encore:

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Wits
Desire
AIWIU

Woah, no Saints?! And AIWIY's back? That's fantastic!

U2girl said:

Does S. Thing count on that? I know that was a single and a re-recorded version but it never made the JT tour...

I've always felt it didn't qualify because it was played on the first tour immediately after its release as a single, and would never had been done were it not for that single. I guess you can argue that one both ways on technicalities.

(By the way, it was snippeted once on Lovetown.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom