Saitama I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
djerdap ... I think that link deserves its own thread ... many won't see it here. Great find! I thought it sounded great, especially for their first time performing it live in front of an audience. My only disapointment is that Bono didn't belt out "can't you see what love has done" in the final minute of the song like he does in the studio version.

Isnt it just me that think it sounds like some(not all of them) of Bono's "ooh can't you see" line is pre-recorded? Another Crumbs moment?

Last edited:
U2freakboy said:
I assumed that it was Edge singing "oh can't you see" except for in the chorus.

Yes, Edge is singing that but Bono is also singing that line, just in 0:32, 0:37, 1:14, 02:16... of the song on youtube it sounds like a pre-recorded voice. It is the words "Oh can't"

4U2Play said:

Very strange to see the outdoor stage indoors...

Take care,
Nick

I was wondering about that. I didn't know if it ever was resolved whether the arena staging would be used in Japan. It's cool that the stadium staging was used. That video screen must have been blinding indoors.

Mark

Axver said:

You're fucking kidding, right?

That comment was a joke, right?

... wow. Even if that is a joke, that comment is inexcusable.

Are you the PC police? If you are, then hello to my fellow brethren.

Peterrrrr said:
Isnt it just me that think it sounds like some(not all of them) of Bono's "ooh can't you see" line is pre-recorded? Another Crumbs moment?
you can hear in bono's voice it sounds nothing like its been pre-recorded :|

and for proof listen from the 2:27 mark, where he actually whispers the "oh cant you see what love has done line AGAIN" so he actually whispers it twice

Last edited:
wow first poor review comes in

Storming along with tired old songs like Pride, Angel, Walk On, I Will Follow, Mysterious Ways, Still Haven't Found, With Or Without You and the like, this was, by far, U2's weakest show in terms of setlist. What started out in mid-2005 as a call for action, a unity, and a church - all profoundly, yet subtley, explained in the lyrics of Vertigo and many other songs on Atomic Bomb - has become an all-out Paul McGuinness festival. At least tonight it has.

What happened to linking Boy to Atomic Bomb through brilliant performances of Electric Co., An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, The Ocean, etc.? Why has the latter album been relegated to THREE songs tonight!?!?! That's ridiculous! I think, in terms of history, Paul McGuinness is to blame for something like this. He's great with their business dealings - but poor with advising on what songs people want to hear.

The night was saved with a brilliant rendition of One Tree Hill. The band can;t play that one too much. It rocked my socks off.

I totally agree with the reviewer. 1st Vertigo leg ruled, in terms of setlists. Despite some surprises, the sets aren´t what they´ve used to be.

djerdap said:
I totally agree with the reviewer. 1st Vertigo leg ruled, in terms of setlists. Despite some surprises, the sets aren´t what they´ve used to be.
well lets put it this way, i noticed alot more bitching and moaning about setlists on the 1st leg than i have here

where as pretty much every post i see of yours is a moan

he mentions Angel, Walk On, I Will Follow, Mysterious Ways, Still Haven't Found, which werent even regulars on the 1st leg, people asked for rotation, they got it, they still bitch

KUEFC09U2 said:
well lets put it this way, i noticed alot more bitching and moaning about setlists on the 1st leg than i have here

where as pretty much every post i see of yours is a moan

he mentions Angel, Walk On, I Will Follow, Mysterious Ways, Still Haven't Found, which werent even regulars on the 1st leg, people asked for rotation, they got it, they still bitch

Well, life´s a bitch, what can I tell you?

First off, thanks to 4U2Play for attempting to text what/when he could. No one here would ever flame you or be upset for anyone for trying. Good job!

Liked the WITS clip, good find there :up:
And love OTH - hope both make it to Hawaii :hyper:

oh and Axver, you forgot the 'I Got You' snippet in Elevation for Auckland :wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:
you can hear in bono's voice it sounds nothing like its been pre-recorded :|

and for proof listen from the 2:27 mark, where he actually whispers the "oh cant you see what love has done line AGAIN" so he actually whispers it twice

I don't talk about the whispers I talk about the "oh cant" line that is allover the song.

bgmckinney said:

I doubt anything will ever top the amazement I felt at two moments on this tour: when An Cat and Gloria were included on Leg 1 (An Cat! I still can't get over that); and when Miss Sarajevo showed up in Amsterdam with Bono singing Pavarotti's part. No one could have seen that coming. And now, with OTH back in the set... who knows what the future holds?

I was lucky enough to be at the Amsterdam show when Miss S. debuted...I was totally, totally floored. Weird thing was...for a split second I thought, "I bet the IF setlist party are freaking out about this" :D

I cried (happy crying that is) when he sang the Pavarotti bit

UKTan said:

I was lucky enough to be at the Amsterdam show when Miss S. debuted...I was totally, totally floored. Weird thing was...for a split second I thought, "I bet the IF setlist party are freaking out about this" :D

I cried (happy crying that is) when he sang the Pavarotti bit
Yeah I was there too, everyone was making up for Running To Stand Still and then I saw Bono without a guitar and I thought wow, what's going on there. And then I thought he was snippeting Miss Sarajevo and when it turned out to be the whole song I was really freaking out.

I knew the song's lyrics a bit so I sang along with the Pavarotti part (badly!) and everyone around me was like eh.. FREAK :|

But it was fun anyway :wink:

OpperGoeroe said:

Yeah I was there too, everyone was making up for Running To Stand Still and then I saw Bono without a guitar and I thought wow, what's going on there. And then I thought he was snippeting Miss Sarajevo and when it turned out to be the whole song I was really freaking out.

I knew the song's lyrics a bit so I sang along with the Pavarotti part (badly!) and everyone around me was like eh.. FREAK :|

But it was fun anyway :wink:

When it started, I thought Edge had screwed up the chords to RTSS lol...like he would do something like that!

Hmmm...I think u might have been standing next to me ;)

I'm so out of the loop ... I keep opening up this forum and thinking, "OMG, there's a U2 concert tonight!"

:lol: at myself.

corianderstem said:
I'm so out of the loop ... I keep opening up this forum and thinking, "OMG, there's a U2 concert tonight!"

:lol: at myself.

fake fan :tsk: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom