Saitama I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RavenBlue said:
Oh really, I didn't know DT covered U2. Yes, I could see Opeth covering something for sure.

Maybe it's time for a metal tribute album :hmm:

DT are fans of U2. I know Mike Portnoy considers ATYCLB to be one of the ten best albums of 2000 and Achtung to be one of his twenty favourites of all time. They have actually snippeted Discotheque in Metropolis Part I a few times live.

A metal tribute to U2 would own, especially if the bands involved were good representations of metal rather than the immature crap that most people think of when metal is mentioned.

And while they may no longer be metal, Anathema would probably do some lovely U2 covers. I have a live acoustic cover of All I Want Is You by Anathema's Danny Cavanagh that's decent.

bgmckinney said:

I'd love to hear that.
Ever hear Billy Corgan's version of Stay?

I'll get a copy to you.

And no I haven't, though I had heard before that he'd covered it.

Miringeltje said:

And that wasn't meant as a complaint.
Just an observation.

I was actually kind of confused by that, as I certainly wouldn't consider BD and Bad to be similar-sounding ...

From U2.com

Windows in Tokyo

Window in the Skies, the all-new song from 'U218 Singles', got its live debut here in Japan tonight.

"Okay, we've got something a bit special here,' said Bono, after Beautiful Day. 'For the first time in this world, on this planet, we'd like to play you a new song...'

'If we screw up,' he added. 'Blame Edge!'

The band are playing their first show in Japan for eight years tonight at the Saitama Stadium in Tokyo. More news as soon as the show is over.

dazzlingamy said:
are we getting the setlist still?

Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / She Loves You (Snippet)
Elevation
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (Snippet)
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Snippet)
Window In The Skies
Walk On (acoustic)
Sometimes You Can't make It On Your Own
Bad / '40' (Snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday/ Rock The Casbah (Snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Snippet) / The Hands That Built America (Snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Axver said:

I'll get a copy to you.

And no I haven't, though I had heard before that he'd covered it.

Thanks.
I lost my copy of Corgan doing Stay, but if I find it ever, I'll pass it on. As I recall he was out of key but it was oddly moving.

What a sweet setlist! I am going to be there at the concert tomorrow night!! Yeah! Still no word about the encores eh? 9.30pm here in Japan so I reckon the gig is just about over.

RavenBlue said:
I haven't heard alot of Anathema but what I have heard has been lovely.

Their early stuff pretty much pioneered the subgenre of death doom and is very, very dark. Serenades, their first album, is one of the bleakest I have ever heard.

Since then, the band has mellowed. I consider the Judgement album to be one of the five best ever made. It's immensely emotionally powerful and masterfully constructed. The band has gotten even lighter since then and I find their recent music to be very beautiful, especially the songs Release and Temporary Peace from A Fine Day To Exit. It's a shame a lot of their earlier metal fans can't appreciate the newer stuff.

Axver said:
SYCMIOYO would not be missed.

Though I don't necessarily agree with you on that.
Can't deny that playing both SYCMIOYO and Kite are essentially quite the same.
Those could quite easily rotate.

One song on night 1, the other night 2.

bono_man2002 said:
Does anyone else think we get better setlists when Bono has less hair?

Can't Wait till he's bald :lol:

No. When he had longer hair, we got The Electric Co., Gloria, and An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart.

I personally feel that Zoo Station/The Fly was better than The Fly/Mysterious Ways.

Zoo Station/UTEOTW/The Fly would be the best first encore. :drool:

I do love Mysterious Ways.. I loved how they did it on the Chicago DVD. Zoo Station, Fly, Mys Ways... :drool: Or was it the other way around... well either way.. it twas good

Oooh they're going to play WIIS on the local radio station today. They just called the new cd U2ey, gooey goodness :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom