Rose Bowl Show to be filmed for DVD + Webcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand there was a 30-minute pre-show with the various videos and Rocko Reedy's peptalk to the audience. Could someone please share this with me? It’s not in the rebroadcast.

I have other digital items to trade.

Rocko basically just came out and told everyone they were going to be on film and to dance your ass off/go insane...

he also started off by saying something like "hi, my name is Rocko...first of all, I am nobody and I stand for nothing" or something like that....whatever it was, I remember laughing as he said it :giggle:

I was wondering who they would send in to pep us all up (as if we needed it!) but Rocko was the perfect choice! Rocko ROCKS!

---------
\V/_ Molly Ultra (formerly zooperson) uhhh, just call me Jess

Personally think it was a good show and for me would rank above both boston and chigago if it gets released,

has it been taken down from u2's youtube channel? i cannot seem to find the full concert?

Yeah in the stadium we had no Bono vocals at the beginning of the song, but it was fixed on the YT broadcast.

Is there any new or even old quotes where the band has actually said they are releasing the show as a DVD, or there making a dvd from these first 2 legs. Or is everyone just going off..they have made a broadcast so there will be a dvd...or the band said there filming a show which turned out to be a broadcast only.

They did say it but it's very quiet on that front...is the editing of the DVD taking much time ? :hmm:

They did say it but it's very quiet on that front...is the editing of the DVD taking much time ? :hmm:

Why immediately release it? Or maybe they're not happy with the end results and want to have a re-shoot next year. Or whatever...

I'm pretty sure the signs outside the stadium as we entered the Rose Bowl stated that it was being filmed for a DVD. I took a photo of the sign, but now I can't find it to see exactly what it said.

If we go by the last couple of DVDS, Chicago- Vertigo was filmed 5/9 & 5/10 2005 and the DVD wasn't released until mid November, 2005, and Boston - Elevation was filmed early June 2001 and wasn't released until December, 2001.

It hasn't even been two months since the Rose Bowl show.

i have no idea why people assume this would have been released already, it has always taken some time to edit the final product before it goes on sale. IM guessing sometime in the spring along with Songs of Ass Scent. I could be wrong...

Ok nevermind what I said before, it didn't say anything specific to the DVD.

RoseBowlU2sign.jpg

From U2.com email dated (for me) Mon, October 19, 2009 10:11:51 AM...

Dear Chris,

As a U2.com subscriber, we wanted you to be first with some breaking news - this Sunday the band's 360° Show at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena will be filmed for a dvd.

As they're drafting in more cameras to create a great film, the band has decided to allow it to be streamed live on YouTube.

It'll be officially announced later today but at 8.30pm (PT) on Sunday, wherever you are in the world don't miss the chance to see the show live and uninterrupted online. See a clip on You Tube.

As well as being able to watch the show, we'll bring our subscribers news as the week progresses from our video reporter on the ground. We'll also have bulletins from Director Tom Krueger and other exclusive video footage from backstage over the weekend.

Stay tuned, should be quite a night...

best wishes,
The U2.Com Team

Since U2.com said it was filmed for a DVD, there's no way in hell they'll ever release it.

In this day and age, a music DVD release won't work unless it's tied in with the Christmas season, U2 knows this. They could have easily turned this around for a Christmas release this year, since they didn't it makes me wonder...

Back
Top Bottom