Rose Bowl DVD - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h26m17s116.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h36m29s114.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h35m10s94.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h28m59s231.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h24m48s239.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h19m15s252.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h15m31s89.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h16m14s243.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h13m25s72.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h11m18s79.png

vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h08m48s104.png

:hmm: I wonder which part that is!
I'm going to watch it on my laptop tomorrow - if you text me the part I"ll cap it for you.
:hyper: thanks!! I'll send a text in the morn :hug:

Was it the iDVD app that you ladies were using?
I don't know, just whatever auto DVD program immediately started when I popped it in the MacBook. I take it iDVD might not be the standard player?

I can't wait for my super deluxe edition to come from Amazon so I can add the following to it:

rose bowl hard ticket
rose bowl parking pass with 360 Logo
rose bowl wristband with RB/360 logo
Either Edge or Adam's(can't remember who's) Setlist from Stage
Actual bono guitar pick i got from another show :)

:wink: :D

I don't know, just whatever auto DVD program immediately started when I popped it in the MacBook. I take it iDVD might not be the standard player?

I don't know either. I'm still getting used to this MacBook Pro. I really only know how to use Safari and iTunes, and I started to figure out iPhoto. I guess I'll pop in a random dvd (since this won't play Blu-Rays) and see what happens.

(BTW: Zoo360, those screencaps are amazing! :love: )

I can't wait for my super deluxe edition to come from Amazon so I can add the following to it:

rose bowl hard ticket
rose bowl parking pass with 360 Logo
rose bowl wristband with RB/360 logo
Either Edge or Adam's(can't remember who's) Setlist from Stage
Actual bono guitar pick i got from another show :)

:wink: :D

I remember immediately commenting on how pretty the Wristbands were :love:

Regarding him praising Larry more than normal can i just ask where? apart from the band introduction i cant see anywhere else where Bono even mentions him?

Got it today and watched it twice today! Watched it by myself the first time this morning, and then again with my mom tonight. I was blown away both times!! Ultraviolet, Unknown Caller, and Moment of Surrender (as well as Amazing Grace, great sentimental meaning to me) were all personal high points. Loved the tempo of the show, and can't wait till Chicago 2011!

Positivity! Yay!

Regarding him praising Larry more than normal can i just ask where? apart from the band introduction i cant see anywhere else where Bono even mentions him?

What I noticed was Bono giving him more attention, or focus...not calling him out by name. For example during Streets...and during Elevation it was like he was teasing him with the thumb sucking thing...that's all, just a more playful vibe! I thought it was great to see Larry actually smiling at Bono during some shots and interacting more with him ( not a lot but more than the Vertigo Dvd which was a Adam/Bono love fest!
That's all....it wasn't anything obvious at all. I notice the minute things like the way the look at each other on stage. They communicate non verbally I am sure you have noticed also after all these years!

I loved to see Bono laughing too especially during BD/IGC that was so great!
It looked like all of them were having fun!

I agree. I wished they'd allowed a little more of that in the dvd, because it was certainly there.

If you have a surround system you could probably play around with the levels to get better crowd noise by punching down the centre speaker volume and putting up the rear volume

I loved to see Bono laughing too especially during BD/IGC that was so great!
It looked like all of them were having fun!

Also I like it when he shrugs, as if to say "I can't help myself!" when he climbs the speakers behind Larry during Streets.

Lots of good moments: Larry/Edge banter before Stuck, band intros, Edge "saluting" Adam during...Crazy tonight I think?, Larry smiling as he's against Bono's back during Crazy. Also during one of the songs there is Adam smirking at Bono.

Watched it again. Love The Unforgettable Fire, but I feel like they took some of the magic from the show by not focusing more on the screen expanding. That moment in the real concerts is awe-inspiring and so magical. During TUF > COBL > Vertigo it's just all mashed together and doesn't have the same spirit as that stretch does during the real concert. Really makes me upset.

Oh i had another question. I was at the Vegas show right before the Rose Bowl and I've noticed some parts from the Vegas show were edited into the DVD. Does anyone know exactly during which songs there are parts from Vegas in?

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee12/indianavader/vlcsnap-2010-06-07-22h26m17s116.png[IMG]/QUOTE]

Can someone tell me where the red zone is in this picture on the right (Edge's side) I keep trying to visualize what sort of view I will have and visa versa.
Achk. I butchered this. Tried to copy the streets photo here.

Oh i had another question. I was at the Vegas show right before the Rose Bowl and I've noticed some parts from the Vegas show were edited into the DVD. Does anyone know exactly during which songs there are parts from Vegas in?

So your saying you seen parts of vegas mixed in but you dont know which parts :|?

as far as i know the only show that was mixed in was wembley and that was during vertigo.

If you have a surround system you could probably play around with the levels to get better crowd noise by punching down the centre speaker volume and putting up the rear volume

Anyone listen to the show in 5.1 or 7.1? I just have a 3.1 setup but the crowd might be mixed in the rear speakers.

Anyone notice Bono grab Adams ass during GOYB?

And finally I'm a big fan of the UF and this performance blows my mind. I enjoyed seeing the band during this performance as you couldn't tell what was going on from afar at the show.

Anyone notice Bono grab Adams ass during GOYB?

Why yes, yes I did. :shifty:

rosebowlbonoadamheecomet.gif

In fact I giffed it. :wink: I made it from the DVD ad that was out before the actual dvd release and it's funny it is from a different camera angle that made it into the final dvd.

The future needs a big goose? :hmm:

In other news, still no cancellation email or anything from LiveNation. :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom