Rome Setlist Party Thread I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Spain said:

The worst is that the ****** Bush ( who is very hated in Spain ) still talks about fredoom. You can look in what kind of fredoom we are living now since Bush have search fredoom destroying Iraq.

:up:

Axver said:

That turned out to be a MISTAKE?! :shocked:

Oh goodness.

The world's going mad. I don't know who to blame, or even if we should be levelling blame. This insanity and fear needs to stop.

Yes, the poor guy was a Brazilian who had nothing to do... as posted in CNN:

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Police say the man they shot dead at a London Underground station was a Brazilian national "not connected" with this week's attempted bombings on the city's transit system.

London police identified the man as 27-year-old Jean Charles de Menezes.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets," the police statement said Saturday.

During a news conference following Friday's shooting, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said "this shooting is directly linked to the ongoing and expanding anti-terrorist operation."

Princey said:
Right im off now :wave:
next setlist party on the 27th?? hope the Vertigoo doesnt go off...

Cya!

Don't worry, I'll keep the Vertigoo nice and cold.

:wave: Have a good one!

U2@NYC said:

Alhough I live in the U.S., I still cannot believe the people who re-elected him... :mad:

Me too. The difference between USA society ans spanish and english society is that after the attacks in America they mask the problem talking about Heroes as we claimed responsabilities to our government.

Princey said:
Right im off now :wave:
next setlist party on the 27th?? hope the Vertigoo doesnt go off...

Cya!
flings Vertigoo at Princey on his/her way out of the thread...hits her/him in the back of the head. :evil:

U2@NYC said:

Yes, the poor guy was a Brazilian who had nothing to do... as posted in CNN:

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Police say the man they shot dead at a London Underground station was a Brazilian national "not connected" with this week's attempted bombings on the city's transit system.

London police identified the man as 27-year-old Jean Charles de Menezes.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets," the police statement said Saturday.

During a news conference following Friday's shooting, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said "this shooting is directly linked to the ongoing and expanding anti-terrorist operation."

That's horrible. :sad:

Though didn't he actually run from police and they had to chase him down? Why would he run if he had nothing to hide? I don't understand that.

U2Spain said:

Me too. The difference between USA society ans spanish and english society is that after the attacks in America they mask the problem talking about Heroes as we claimed responsabilities to our government.

Sometimes U.S. patriotism is way stupid... and some people are stupid enough not to be able to distinguish from this. And Bush obviously takes advantage of this level of stupidity.

Not that Kerry would have been that much better, though...

Axver said:

Though didn't he actually run from police and they had to chase him down? Why would he run if he had nothing to hide? I don't understand that.

Yup, they are trying to clarify that. It seems as the guy was not completely 'clean' but was probably afraid that he was going to be caught for something completely different...

Axver said:

It depends on the way the policemen were running after him. f a police comes to me running to me with a gun in his hand...i think that i will start to run.

U2@NYC said:

Sometimes U.S. patriotism is way stupid... and some people are stupid enough not to be able to distinguish from this. And Bush obviously takes advantage of this level of stupidity.

I'm happy to hear these words from an american. Because of the media the people thinks that all americans think in the same way, but i guess that this is not true.

U2@NYC said:

I honestly find US patriotism can often be too 'showy' and sometimes blind. I was shocked to see how many houses and businesses in the US flew American flags! Here, only a few people do, and back in New Zealand, I don't think I've ever seen a Kiwi flag flying in a non-governmental sense (and yet take a Kiwi to a rugby game, and we're as patriotic as anyone else you care to name!).

U2Spain said:

It depends on the way the policemen were running after him. f a police comes to me running to me with a gun in his hand...i think that i will start to run.

I'd stop, raise my hands, and scream "DON'T SHOOT!"

And policemen don't randomly come running after people with guns. He had to have done something first ...

Axver said:

I honestly find US patriotism can often be too 'showy' and sometimes blind. I was shocked to see how many houses and businesses in the US flew American flags! Here, only a few people do, and back in New Zealand, I don't think I've ever seen a Kiwi flag flying in a non-governmental sense (and yet take a Kiwi to a rugby game, and we're as patriotic as anyone else you care to name!).

Same with Canada. We're much more subdued with our "patriotism."

blech...U2Spain, I know Americans get judged by the president that has been elected, and i'm glad you are aware we don't all support him. Look how close the election was!

On that note, since I've digressed from the setlist discussion even more than usual and this conversation could go on forever, i'll see you all later! :wave:

U2Spain said:

Yes, and they didn't wear uniforms...

U2Spain said:

I'm happy to hear these words from an american. Because of the media the people thinks that all americans think in the same way, but i guess that this is not true.

Well, I'm not American but I have to agree with what was previously posted re: not every American supporting Bush... they are the smart ones. :up:

neutral said:

Of course it's not true that every American thinks the same way. Come on.

Yes , I have always believed that all the americans are not the same but i think that the american people has lost the spirit of rebelion that they had during the 60s and 70s... or maybe the american TVs don't want to show that spirit, they only talk about patriotism, heroes and the pride of be an american.

Hi everyone! :wave: I'm very late tonight.....just wanted to drop in....U2 still in robot mode?..:hmm:....

I am absolutely shocked to hear the thing about the guy who was shot. Does anyone have a link to the news article??

VintagePunk said:

Same with Canada. We're much more subdued with our "patriotism."

The 'showy' patriotism can make me really uncomfortable sometimes. I'm fiercely passionate about New Zealand (see one of my latest LiveJournal posts where I listed accomplishments NZ can be proud of), but I certainly don't need to trot out sayings like "God bless New Zealand" or fly a flag in front of my house to prove it. Though I WILL wave a flag at the rugby!

(And if I end up living in the US, as I probably will, I will fly a Kiwi flag in front of my house just to provide a sense of variety! See if anyone actually knows what country's flag it is ...)

U2Spain said:

Please don't think we all feel the same way, U2Spain. There are plenty of US citizens fighting againist this disgusting excuse of an administration.

Edited to say: There is a certain amount of fear in the media on speaking out aganist this admin. Seeing that they are being thrown in jail for protecting their sources, or literally loosing their jobs, etc.
I'll stop now - this is not the place:wink:

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:

Well, I'm not American but I have to agree with what was previously posted re: not every American supporting Bush... they are the smart ones. :up:

Not American? What are you then?

U2Man said:
Hi everyone! :wave: I'm very late tonight.....just wanted to drop in....U2 still in robot mode?..:hmm:....

Yeah, still robot mode. Hopefully Scandinavia gets something exciting, though!

Talking about patriotism and flags...in Spain if you hang an spanish flag outside your house the people won't think that you're a patriot....they will think that you are a fascist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom