Results for Rate The Song Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. :) I'm really glad that everyone seemed to enjoy them.

(well, not everyone, but most people)

Yeah, thanks digi, you finished what Irishteen could not. :wink: Even if it ruined u2girl's day every time she signed in to see more threads in EYKIW donated to voting and less to nickelsback241 who said U2 aren't very good on youtube.

Thanks for stirring the hive mind, digitize.

Now let's move on to some of the more ridiculous things that we did Survivors for in ye olde dayes. Or not.

Now let's move on to some of the more ridiculous things that we did Survivors for in ye olde dayes. Or not.

I think a Survivor series could be a lot of fun, perhaps later this year.

Also, it's good to see you back (temporarily?) in EYKIW, this jolly wonderland, Ax.

I think a Survivor series could be a lot of fun, perhaps later this year.

Also, it's good to see you back (temporarily?) in EYKIW, this jolly wonderland, Ax.

I seem to recall doing silly things like music video survivor. Outside of song and album survivor, it always got a bit daft. I think Rate the Song produces more accurate results than Survivor, but the latter can be quite fun and competitive.

And what can I say? The hive mind stirred me.

I take it we're basically finished once the current polls wrap up? Would love to see a comprehensive list of everything, especially what a Top 100 looks like.

BigMacPhisto said:
I take it we're basically finished once the current polls wrap up? Would love to see a comprehensive list of everything, especially what a Top 100 looks like.

We are. And you'll see everything. :)

KhanadaRhodes said:
everything? oh cool, if you don't actually publish what everyone voted for everything now, i'm going to be pissed. :wink:

I'll include a link to the EYKIW archive forum. :wink:

2000s results, sorted by mean:

1. City of Blinding Lights
  2. Beautiful Day
  3. Moment of Surrender
  4. No Line on the Horizon
  5. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
  6. Kite
  7. Fez – Being Born
  8. Stateless
  9. Mercy
  10. Electrical Storm
  11. Magnificent
  12. Breathe
  13. Vertigo
  14. Walk On
  15. No Line on the Horizon 2
  16. Cedars of Lebanon
  17. When I Look at the World
  18. Soon
  19. White as Snow
  20. Unknown Caller
  21. Original of the Species
  22. Miracle Drug
  23. Xanax and Wine
  24. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
  25. New York
  26. Native Son
  27. Fast Cars
  28. A Man and a Woman
  29. Levitate
  30. Smile
  31. Love and Peace or Else
  32. Summer Rain
  33. Winter
  34. In a Little While
  35. Window in the Skies
  36. Elevation
  37. Crumbs from Your Table
  38. Always
  39. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
  40. One Step Closer
  41. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
  42. Flower Child
  43. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
  44. Yahweh
  45. Get on Your Boots
  46. The Hands That Built America
  47. Wild Honey
  48. All Because of You
  49. Love You Like Mad
  50. Peace on Earth
  51. Big Girls Are Best
  52. Grace
  53. Stand Up Comedy

Stay tuned... a new thread will be posted soon with final results.

hivemind.png

1. City of Blinding Lights
  2. Beautiful Day
  3. Moment of Surrender
  4. No Line on the Horizon
  5. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
  6. Kite
  7. Fez – Being Born
  8. Stateless
  9. Mercy
  10. Electrical Storm

1. I can live with this. Mercy in the Top 10, especially when it just edges out the mainstream U2-By-Numbers of Electrical Storm.

Very telling that the band released three albums in this decade, and yet 4 of these top 10 tracks aren't on any of them, one never even officially released.

I'm also rather shocked that Fez scored that high. Pretty cool. Equally shocked that Walk On didn't make the 10.

This actually isn't too bad, and isn't nearly as embarrassing as the 90's results…six of the Top 10 definitely belong there (albeit in a different order). As the best song U2's done post-JT, MOS should obviously be #1, and Walk On clearly should be somewhere in the Top 10. It goes without saying that Mercy belongs nowhere near upper half.

The list does demonstrate what a wildly inconsistent decade this was for U2, as a good number of the songs here are entirely forgettable.

This actually isn't too bad, and isn't nearly as embarrassing as the 90's results…six of the Top 10 definitely belong there (albeit in a different order). As the best song U2's done post-JT, MOS should obviously be #1, and Walk On clearly should be somewhere in the Top 10. It goes without saying that Mercy belongs nowhere near upper half.

Nel tuo opinione ;)

so that means you'll retract your previous post that used phrases such as "it goes without saying", "should obviously be #1" and "should clearly be somewhere in the top 10"?? ;) :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom