Re-Rate the Song: Invisible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Invisible on a scale of 0 to 10.

• Total voters
In God's Country is far from filler! :shocked:

I think I was channeling Edge's description of the song. "I don't think In God's Country was ever going to be one of our best tunes but we needed a few up-tempo songs, but it was useful at the time. Some songs are just better than others."

Invisible is getting played loads on bbc radio 2. I work between 7.30 and 4 and i hear it at least 3 times during the day

Depends what age bracket you class your relevence in? Nobody under the age of 30 listens to radio 2 :)

Bono wants to be down with the kids and on radio one 24/7
If that's true then Bono needs his head examined - Radio 2 is where it's at. Radio 1 is not the same beast as it was 20 years ago. It targets the 16-24 age group - ignore it I say.

Is invisible still going to be included on the album with the delay? It would seem odd that a song released in Feb is on an album released in November. Even more odder would be ordinary love being on the album

I'm listening to it now with an EQ that kind of brings surround to the forefront. Conclusion: this song is so layered that I give a 10 to the production. No exaggeration believe me. Danger Mouse has balls imho, and has been able to challenge them to provide a fresh, modern sound. I would so want they'd finish with him at the helm, we'll see how it will go.

I'm listening to it now with an EQ that kind of brings surround to the forefront. Conclusion: this song is so layered that I give a 10 to the production. No exaggeration believe me. Danger Mouse has balls imho, and has been able to challenge them to provide a fresh, modern sound. I would so want they'd finish with him at the helm, we'll see how it will go.

I listened to this after listening to Pop (twice) today and found that one of the things missing from it that prime U2 had was the brilliant layering. Granted, Pop is a remarkably dense album but there is so much more going on on every song on that album than Invisible. It's a pleasant song, but they - and by "they" I mean "Edge" - aren't pushing themselves. It's a good song but musically uninteresting. They sound like they're coasting. Also, there's no tension to it.

There was a feeling that all of their music had from 1980 to 1997, and they haven't had it since. It could be called intensity or passion, but I think it's something greater than that. It had a power to it, a unique power. Invisible doesn't have it, but at least it feels natural, which is a trait that much of the material on their last two albums did not have.

You're talking with someone who loves the production on 'Pop'. And I can consider your points as valid in terms of uniqueness of their sound. What I believe though is that the sound on 'Invisible' is modern, unpredicted, and for what I feel, it generates a strong engagement in me, by complementing the songwriting, it doesn't make me bored of it, rather the opposite.

I will probably have a clearer opinion of 'Invisible' when I will listen to it in the context of the album, hopefully soon...

I still give it a '6'. I like a lot of it, including the lyrics and the electronic riff at the beginning. But I don't find myself going out of my way to listen to it after all this time.

C-

Average, which for a U2 song isn't good enough for me.

I hope the next album, whenever it is released, doesn't sound like it.

U2 are still relevant it's official!

Invisible was just played in Phil Mitchell's house on eastenders. It doesn't get any higher then that :)

U2 are still relevant it's official!

Invisible was just played in Phil Mitchell's house on eastenders. It doesn't get any higher then that :)

You can always tell roughly when any given episode of Eastenders was filmed based on whatever current pop song is playing as source music in the background.

Kind of like how all the pop culture references in Vicar of Dibley and Father Ted date both those (excellent) shows pretty terribly.

You can always tell roughly when any given episode of Eastenders was filmed based on whatever current pop song is playing as source music in the background.

Kind of like how all the pop culture references in Vicar of Dibley and Father Ted date both those (excellent) shows pretty terribly.

Phil Mitchell has surprisingly good taste in music, I can remember a scene where he creates a romantic ambience by slipping on a Nick Cave cd and playing Into My Arms.

I can also remember Stay (Faraway, So Close) being played in Ian Beale's cafe in 1993.

That said, only 3 good to great songs in 30 years of the show's existence.....

Phil also likes The Boss

Sent from my SM-T210 using U2 Interference mobile app

Believe it or not they actually add the music in on the week the show is broadcast based on what's currently in the charts etc. Its not added when its filmed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom