Randooooooomers In Their Summer Clothes Shining Like Stars In The Summer Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friends said they'd call me about Mexican food in the village for dinner earlier this afternoon. I sent them a text message half an hour ago, asking if they were still thinking about dinner, and then put on some water for spaghetti, trying to use Murphy's Law to my advantage. No reply. :(

My friends said they'd call me about Mexican food in the village for dinner earlier this afternoon. I sent them a text message half an hour ago, asking if they were still thinking about dinner, and then put on some water for spaghetti, trying to use Murphy's Law to my advantage. No reply. :(

bummer...Mexican food is so much better than spaghetti! I have a fabulously spicy meal tonight at my new fave restaurant and lots of leftovers for tomorrow. :D

Love the new kitty, Amanda! He's adorable!

Thanks! He's so sweet and cute I can hardly stand it! :love:

Just got a text...They went on a boat in the river that runs around my neighborhood, and they were getting off the boat and heading for dinner. I must be old because I thought spaghetti and meatballs at 8:30 was late for dinner. I shouldn't have gotten so excited about going to dinner...I'm sure they wanted to go to the crappy Mexican place in the village for the drinks rather than the good Mexican place for the food, but it would have been nice not to be alone. Oh well.

I am trying to convince myself that this will be my last really lonely night for awhile...I work until 7 tomorrow, I'll go to the gym with E on Tuesday, summer kickball starts Wednesday, and the roomie comes home Thursday and stays put until Tuesday morning. He gets to work from home Mondays and Fridays for the summer, so that will be nice.

Now they want me to go to Buffalo Wild Wings with them instead. I don't have to work until 10 tomorrow but if I haven't gone out by now, I'm not going to. I'm not 22 anymore. Neither are these two, actually, but they are much bigger party animals than I ever thought of being.

And there are nasty clouds sailing by and the news was talking about tornadoes somewhere in the state so I'm pretty much planted.

Now they are going home but they want to cook me dinner tomorrow. :lol:

And that's all for this episode of Meg's Exciting Texts!

You know that scene in The Exorcist with Linda Blair/pea soup? I lived that last night for around 6 hours but w/out the demonic stuff. The bathroom floor is a delightful place to lay on.
Don't think the salad I had agreed w/ me *crawlsbackundercoversandwatchesWestWing*

You know that scene in The Exorcist with Linda Blair/pea soup? I lived that last night for around 6 hours but w/out the demonic stuff. The bathroom floor is a delightful place to lay on.
Don't think the salad I had agreed w/ me *crawlsbackundercoversandwatchesWestWing*

I would call and let them know :happy: Food poisoning?

It's Wesley. It's NOT Wezley. Do you say western or weztern?

The person that answered the phone at the vet on Friday said "oh Wezzzley's a unique name..." If you say it like that then it is.

People at job #2 asked what my new kitty's name was and all said they liked the name Wezley.

Then someone totally different answered the vet just now when I changed is appt. She asked what time it was scheduled for and I said 11. She then said "is it for Wezley?" I almost said no. It's for Wesley.

Has no one ever heard of this name before? Who has ever met a Wez? :angry:

well....I think it's time for a gigantic iced coffee from Caribou and an afternoon lounging by a lake. The question though is which lake shall I lounge by? :hmm: The one I want to go to is so far away......

I wonder why they need to put ZZZZZ's in the pronunciation of Wesley
Enjoy your walk at the lake of choice
Back to boredom. jello, Gatorade and Ghost Whisperer on SYFY
Food Poisoning? Has to be. It came on so quickly. Flashbacks to that Easter food poisoning years ago.

Otherwise maybe from something they put on the lettuce to prevent it from turning brown? N used to get ill from salad bars..........

I've never seen any place I've worked for putting anything on the lettuce. I've actually never even heard of that. But I would call and let them know so no one else gets sick.

Little Wes isn't eating and wants nothing to with me or the lower portion of the house :( We're currently on the porch, where the parents spend their time. That's just not going to work for me tonight! I wish he would eat but he had tons yesterday so maybe he's just not hungry today. He's barely sneezing so I'm not worried about not getting the medicine in him.

Too cloudy and I forgot my shoes. I had to do a return at the mall and also pick up the new U2 dvd so by the time I got to the lake/park it was getting creepy out. Now it's really sunny but I just wanted to get home to my little guy.

Yoshi001-1.jpg

The happy neighborhood prowler

:drool::cute: what a cutie....looks like a big guy!

I think Wesley sounds very British when you say it with an S. I'd probably pronounce it Wesley myself. If I say Wesley out loud I sound like I'm about to ask for a spot of tea as well. Wes-ley! But you shouldn't ask me because I also eat pizzer and pahk my cah.

Back to Meg's Exciting Texts!

My co-worker J, who is the other third of my department who is not a supervisor, who is also on vacation right now making my working day pretty hellish, loves sending text message forwards. Like you know those crappy e-mails with jokes you've read a million times, or "cLoSe YoU'rE eYeZ & mAkE a WiSh & YoU'rE cRuSh WiLl LiKe YoU bAcK???!!!!?>!>!>111>!>" or lists of why people are friends or sisters? Those. She sends those as text messages. I might kill her. and she has this uncanny sense of the absolute worse moment of my day and sending me a picture of a beach or a plate of sushi and commenting on how wonderful it is. Really? You're having fun on the beach, enjoying sushi? I'm the only one on the phone, fielding 30 phone calls in 3 hours from people in various stages of "cranky", so I could take your sushi and your beach and your "that bug had a big dick omg lolz!" forward and shove it up your ass!

Okay, I'm done. The third of my department who IS the supervisor said she'd log into the phone queue tomorrow, so hopefully I'll only have to field 20 calls in 3 hours.

I tend to get this about once a year and I'm never sure why, but it's awful. A good way to lose 5 pounds in 6 hours, but oh God. So awful. It's sad when you wrap yourself in the bathmat for comfort. I haven't had a bout since December of 2008 (I know because I used all my sick days as extra vacation days for 2009) so I'm sure when it does hit me again it's going to be like Linda Blair on undercooked chicken.

My brother's girlfriend had the same thing, according to her Facebook status, and I feel bad for my brother. She's very dramatic when she's NOT going all Linda Blair.

I would kill anyone that sent me some sort of text message like that! :grumpy:

I wish she didn't know I have unlimited texts...or that we both have Verizon so even if I didn't it wouldn't matter...

I think Wesley sounds very British when you say it with an S. I'd probably pronounce it Wesley myself. If I say Wesley out loud I sound like I'm about to ask for a spot of tea as well. Wes-ley! But you shouldn't ask me because I also eat pizzer and pahk my cah.

I'm re-reading this and realizing it doesn't make any sense. I mean that I'd probably pronounce is Wezley myself.

Or I'd just call him Wes to avoid any pronunciation anxiety.

Last edited:
I would just be upfront with her and tell her the forwards are a distraction. I had to do that with a friend a few years ago with emails. I asked her for years not to send me every single forward she received because I didn't even bother to open them as I find most of them a waste of my time to read. After a few weeks of not getting real emails from her, such as invites to go out to the bar, she called to ask if I was mad at her. I told her no but annoyed about the forwards so I put all of her emails to go directly to spam. She's never sent me a forward since!

I do call him Wes for short but I like Wesley better. It's always been my favorite name for a boy animal. I just always thought Wesley would be a fluffy dog!

I would just be upfront with her and tell her the forwards are a distraction. I had to do that with a friend a few years ago with emails. I asked her for years not to send me every single forward she received because I didn't even bother to open them as I find most of them a waste of my time to read. After a few weeks of not getting real emails from her, such as invites to go out to the bar, she called to ask if I was mad at her. I told her no but annoyed about the forwards so I put all of her emails to go directly to spam. She's never sent me a forward since!

That's funny; I've already set her e-mail as spam because it's even worse. :lol: She is a month younger than my little brother and would forward on e-mails about the pains of getting old and things like that. She really is one of the nicest people in the world...but half the time I want to strangle her.

Some U2 fan I've become....not only did I wait a few days to buy the new dvd but now I haven't even opened it. I used to be at the store the day it was released and then would watch it immediately.

I tend to get this about once a year and I'm never sure why, but it's awful. A good way to lose 5 pounds in 6 hours, but oh God. So awful. It's sad when you wrap yourself in the bathmat for comfort. I haven't had a bout since December of 2008 (I know because I used all my sick days as extra vacation days for 2009) so I'm sure when it does hit me again it's going to be like Linda Blair on undercooked chicken.

My brother's girlfriend had the same thing, according to her Facebook status, and I feel bad for my brother. She's very dramatic when she's NOT going all Linda Blair.
It was a very hard way to lose 5 lbs.
Blueberry-Pomegranate Gatorade is not bad.

Some U2 fan I've become....not only did I wait a few days to buy the new dvd but now I haven't even opened it. I used to be at the store the day it was released and then would watch it immediately.
I don't have the actual dvd. I downloaded it from iTunes.
Have not watched the whole thing yet.

Back
Top Bottom