Random TV Thread II: Television, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
walking dead is not great tv at all,
it is kind of fun, entertaining, I had hope the writing would get better, but not much happens :shrug:

It blows. I just watched the season finale this week after it sat on my DVR for ten and a half months. Terrible stuff. And yet, I'll probably continue watching it.

It's a serial "B" movie on TV. It's just fun, but nothing even terribly original. We'll see how it holds up over a longer season.

Great concept, a post-apocalyptic graphic novel series brought to life as a drama by Frank Darabont. Letdown in execution: flat look, cardboard cutout characters, and constantly recycling threats. I'm hoping it improves this season, but given all the chaos going on behind the scenes, I'm not holding my breath.

?
maybe it is worth watching

if you're talking to me, i did try watching it. the first two seasons were mildly amusing at best, and either i watched too much way in way too short a timespan, or in season 3 everyone got incredibly irritating in a way that i think strangulation would only fix. i guess in the end, comparatively speaking vs other comedies i've tried to watch, i didn't hate it. it did manage to make me laugh at least once about every three episodes. and since i don't like anything, that's probably quite an achievement. i wanted to like it for the plethora of star wars jokes alone.

Great concept, a post-apocalyptic graphic novel series brought to life as a drama by Frank Darabont. Letdown in execution: flat look, cardboard cutout characters, and constantly recycling threats. I'm hoping it improves this season, but given all the chaos going on behind the scenes, I'm not holding my breath.

Well there's your problem.

Just finished S1 of Breaking Bad.

Very good show, don't know that it's yet reached the heights I've been reading about.

The humor is often a little broad for my tastes, and I don't think the Skylar character/actress and her sister are that great.

Very good show, don't know that it's yet reached the heights I've been reading about.

The humor is often a little broad for my tastes, and I don't think the Skylar character/actress and her sister are that great.

Just started BB. Fuck me if that Hydrofluoric Acid scene is not one of the most disgustingly awesome things ever on TV. :up::up::up: :barf:

Not guaranteeing you'll ever find it to be the best show ever or anything, but things do improve considerably as it develops, especially the end of season 2 onward.

I thought all of Season 2 was brilliant. Probably my favorite season of the show so far. The last handful of episodes in S3 and S4 have something to say about that, though.

The only real question should be is it a good TV series?
The answer, HELL YES, it is.

Greatest show ever? one of the best ever? who cares.

All the episodes rate somewhere between 7.5 and 9.9, even a weak episode is better than almost anything else.

Dr Who has thrown out some real shit, but people still seem to want to rate it high. Breaking Bad is one of the more consistent T V series.

yeah, the 7.5s get an angry reaction

but since you are going back to the Breaking Bad thread
you will see I am one of the earliest and most active posters in that thread, and 95+ % is positive

but since you are going back to the Breaking Bad thread
you will see I am one of the earliest and most active posters in that thread, and 95+ % is positive

I'm just messing with you, man. No need to pull rank. It's great that you liked it before it was cool.

there are others in here that have cable with onDemand services, I never use the pay part, but do run a lot of the free (included) stuff on my dvr

HBO has a great series called Capadocia, it is a series about a women's 'for profit' prison in Mexico, great stuff.

some have that HBOGo, where they can download programs on their computers, tablets and phones. My provider is not including that, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom