Random Music Thread LXXVII: We'll Be Careful, Cobbler Will Be Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my favorite episode.
Is that a Titleist?
Its one of the best but can't top the shrinkage/Hampton tomatoes/ugly baby/lobster scrambled eggs episode.

raymond_george-costanza-shrinkage.jpg

I had no idea anybody thought Susan's death was in the slightest controversial.

This made me laugh.

I was all shocked and disgusted at the time, but now it's just like NSW says. I think maybe I wanted to believe the characters were actually good people underneath it all, especially since I lived in Manhattan during its entire run and related to a lot of it, and then suddenly, you know, it was revealed that they actually were horrible to the core.

You know who didn't age well at all? The Music

Considering they broke up, I suppose they didn't.

I have found a pleasant combination in listening to Foxygen and doing Sudoku while watching a replay of your favorite basketball team losing but playing well in a game against a top five opponent.

There's no need to be an asshole, you're not in Brooklyn anymore.

Bill Maher did his stand up schtick here last night and my face still hurts from laughing so hard. He's way funnier and far more likeable in person than on his show where he frequently ventures into jerk territory. It is also exhausting to laugh for 90 minutes without any break in the laughter whatsoever.

He played the venue on Saturday and did about 105 minutes. Ridiculous. I really enjoyed it though.

Last night I dreamed that U2 were performing Please, but Edge and Larry did the backing vocals in full Supremes get-ups. Spangly long dresses, elbow gloves, long black wigs, falsetto voices, synchronized arms-in-the-air poses, the whole nine yards.

Lesson learned: no more Russian beer before bed.

He played the venue on Saturday and did about 105 minutes. Ridiculous. I really enjoyed it though.

That would have been too long for the audience here. I guess it's a delicate balance. The ticket price is high so people want their money's worth, but at the same time comedy is hard to sustain. 90 minutes was pushing it, I thought, yet I probably would have complained if it had been shorter. You probably had a younger audience, too.

I'd say the average age was mid 30s. 105 minutes is too long for a comic regardless of who it is.

By the way, gang, Bonnaroo has just been booked. It's finally happening.

My one friend is trying to convince me to go to Bonnaroo but not having a job or knowing where I will be living is a bit of an issue.

Last night I dreamed that U2 were performing Please, but Edge and Larry did the backing vocals in full Supremes get-ups. Spangly long dresses, elbow gloves, long black wigs, falsetto voices, synchronized arms-in-the-air poses, the whole nine yards.

Lesson learned: no more Russian beer before bed.

A look into the future?

My one friend is trying to convince me to go to Bonnaroo but not having a job or knowing where I will be living is a bit of an issue.

If you do come, you can rest assured no one is going to steal your shitty Landsharks out of your cooler.

If the McCartney rumor holds true, I'll be pretty happy. I'd never pay his exorbitant prices to see him in a stadium, but it'd be nice to finally say I've seen a Beatle.

All the other stuff from the Roo Clues and direct confirmations points to a solid-to-great lineup, so when the flights I wanted that were previously sold out popped back up today at cheaper than they were last week, I had to bite in advance of the full lineup tomorrow. Really lookin' forward to that weekend, you guys.

Bill Maher did his stand up schtick here last night and my face still hurts from laughing so hard. He's way funnier and far more likeable in person than on his show where he frequently ventures into jerk territory. It is also exhausting to laugh for 90 minutes without any break in the laughter whatsoever.

That sounds great. I just saw Religulous for the first time Friday night and loved it.

~HG posting from her phone

I admittedly haven't listened to them in a while, but I still enjoy them in my memory....whatever that means.

I wasn't aware that it made anyone cry.

I don't think it was controversial, per se. Just, at the time, for me, personally struck me as slightly questionable as to whether it was actually funny or pushing things a bit. I remember sobbing so hard that it made my cheezies all soggy. That's all. I'm sorry I don't find death funnier, JT.

Sometimes a song by The Music will pop up on random on my iPod, and I'm always surprised at how much I still like their sound, especially if I'm driving on a sunny day.

~HG

I think it's a racist term for their coolers.

I believe their cellars are called 'darkies'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom