Random Music Thread LXXII: National Lampoon's Bogan Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually enjoy the stereo versions of the recent remasters. Certainly could have ended up far worse, I pretty much can't listen to the stereo remaster of Pet Sounds.

Really? I quite liked the 40th Anniversary stereo remaster of Pet Sounds. But as for The Beatles, I really like the stereo versions. I like them better than their mono counterparts. But it's really interesting to hear the differences in the mixes between the two.

I hate to admit it, but...

I don't get it.

:reject:

Be glad.

Really? I quite liked the 40th Anniversary stereo remaster of Pet Sounds. But as for The Beatles, I really like the stereo versions. I like them better than their mono counterparts. But it's really interesting to hear the differences in the mixes between the two.

It's not bad, I just don't like it anywhere as much as the original mix. It's one of those few remasters out there where, for whatever reason, I'd much rather hear the original (the Stone Roses remaster from a few years ago bugs me too).

I've never run into remasters I've been more disappointed in than the remastered version of stiff little fingers' nobody's heroes. It's hard to make that album anything other than amazing, but they sure as hell tried.

Skinny Love was the most listened to song in Australia this year, according to Spotify's Facebook app.

The Bonny Bear version, not the Birdy abomination.

Does anyone know any YouTube to MP3 converter than converts in 320? I used to know one but it doesn't appear to be around anymore.

Well, that one says the server's full and my virus scanner is going crazy if I try anything involving that add-on so I guess I'm gonna pass on that one.

Get off my lawn!!!

I don't imagine that you have a lawn, but if you did, I envision it strewn with empty cans of soup and bottles of gin.....maybe a rusted out black and white TV that's become a home for local rodent life. A tan and orange beach chair from 1986 that you stole while in Marblehead as a kid. A discarded Dungeons and Dragons manual and maybe an emaciated mule wandering around aimlessly.

I don't imagine that you have a lawn, but if you did, I envision it strewn with empty cans of soup and bottles of gin.....maybe a rusted out black and white TV that's become a home for local rodent life. A tan and orange beach chair from 1986 that you stole while in Marblehead as a kid. A discarded Dungeons and Dragons manual and maybe an emaciated mule wandering around aimlessly.

That is some Jean Woolf-calibre writing right there.

Bravo, sir.

Sadly, just the mule.

No spoken words said:
...and maybe an emaciated mule wandering around aimlessly.

Something about the mule works perfectly here. Any other animal would have been out of place.

I was away on a camp run by young people for young people (all 18-26). I was a participant last year and came back as a leader this year. It's one of my greatest passions, thanks for asking :)

I was away on a camp run by young people for young people (all 18-26). I was a participant last year and came back as a leader this year. It's one of my greatest passions, thanks for asking :)

Awesome. How did it go? Did you enjoy being in a leadership role this time around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom