Random Music Talk XXIV: Where there's CLICK!ing and NASH!ing of teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are Train that band that wrote Drops of Jupiter? That was a really decent single, as long as you don't listen to the dum dum lyrics.

Doesn't it take you back to that high school dance with that boi/gal you really liked, y'all?

Are Train that band that wrote Drops of Jupiter? That was a really decent single, as long as you don't listen to the dum dum lyrics.

Doesn't it take you back to that high school dance with that boi/gal you really liked, y'all?

Yeah, that's them. I hate that song. It makes me think of this karaoke place my friends and I used to go to, where there was always someone who would sing it, and I'd want to slit my wrists.

That Train dude's hair pissed me off last night. You just know it took him, like, an hour to get it sticking out just so. And it still looked stupid.

Let's also not forget people who say "quarter OF eight" instead of "quarter TO eight".

That really bugs me. Because a quarter of eight, as we all know, is two

i'm old school, i still watch them on tv. we've got an mtv-type channel here called 63 (unsurprisingly it's on channel 63, several stations here are uncreative like this) that shows videos 24/7. i don't watch it all day but when it gets late at night and i've run out of things to watch, it's better than nothing. though back home i watched vh1 classic when i wasn't watching food network, so yeah.

i want to check out palladia though. i saw ads for it all the time before i moved but it wasn't on our package, which surprised me since i thought we got freaking everything.

why are we all using eight as an example?

Eight year-olds, dude.

jesus_quintana.jpg

i want to check out palladia though. i saw ads for it all the time before i moved but it wasn't on our package, which surprised me since i thought we got freaking everything.

Do you have HDTV? It's only an HD channel. It drove me crazy hearing everyone talk about it and not understanding what the hell it was.

I finally got an HDTV a few months ago and upgraded my cable, and it's pretty nice. They repeat a lot of stuff, but they'll show blocks of stuff like Glastonbury performances, which are nifty.

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
With drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's a time to change, hey
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way
To see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?

Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
One without a permanent scar
And then you missed me
While you were looking for yourself out there?

Now that she's back from that soul vacation
Tracing her way through the constellation, hey
She checks out Mozart while she does Tae-Bo
Reminds me that there's room to grow, hey

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
I'm afraid that she might think of me as
Plain ol' Jane told a story about a man
Who was too afraid to fly so he never did land

But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet?
Did you finally get the chance
To dance along the light of day
And head back to the Milky Way?

And tell me, did Venus blow your mind?
Was it everything you wanted to find?
And then you missed me
While you were looking for yourself out there

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you
Even when I know you're wrong?

Can you imagine no first dance, freeze-dried romance
Five-hour phone conversation
The best soy latte that you ever had, and me?

But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet?
Did you finally get the chance
To dance along the light of day
And head back toward the Milky Way?

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way
To see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?

And tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
One without a permanent scar
And then you missed me
While you were looking for yourself?

And did you finally get the chance
To dance along the light of day?
And did you fall for a shooting star?
Fall for a shooting star?
And now you're lonely looking for yourself out there

This is our song, babi
We're gonna be together
FOREVER

1kChG.jpg

<3 <3 <33 luv u

:heart: :heart: :heart:

She checks out Mozart while she does Tae-Bo

Get the fuck out of here.

Wow. I had no idea. I always tuned out the lyrics or conveniently went to the bathroom whenever someone started singing it.

Heaven is overrated, guys. If anyone needs me I'll be in hell.

(And the Beady Eye album is great ay???)

Do you have HDTV? It's only an HD channel. It drove me crazy hearing everyone talk about it and not understanding what the hell it was.

I finally got an HDTV a few months ago and upgraded my cable, and it's pretty nice. They repeat a lot of stuff, but they'll show blocks of stuff like Glastonbury performances, which are nifty.
yep! all the tvs in the house are hd, our dish is hd. some point when i get closer to visiting i'll have to see if i can find out if it's on some special tier (we have directv) or something.

ooh, nice!

re: drops of jupiter, i liked the song but that tae-bo line always made me roll my eyes.

Did you guys watch that fucking robot on Jeopardy today?

He's tied for the lead right now going into Double Jeopardy tomorrow, dammit.

I want to see that robot crash and burn. Go humans.

I'm rooting for Ken. He has a book about his Jeopardy run (and also, obviously, about him) and that was a really entertaining read.

Also, I think I read that he either is from Utah and now lives in my neighborhood, or he used to live in my neighborhood and now lives in Utah.

Yes! Ken Jennings and some other person are competing with a computer in some special Jeopardy challenge.

I'm rooting for Ken. He has a book about his Jeopardy run (and also, obviously, about him) and that was a really entertaining read.

Also, I think I read that he either is from Utah and now lives in my neighborhood, or he used to live in my neighborhood and now lives in Utah.

During the part of the show where Trebek interviews the contestants he said that he used to live in Utah, got rich on Jeopardy, and then moved to Seattle. So, yeah.

I'm rooting for him, too. And I'm also rooting for the other human. I kind of want Jennings to just take a baseball bat to the robot in the middle of Final Jeopardy (with the lovely music in the background) and smash the thing to smithereens.

It just seems incredibly unfair to expect a human to beat a computer seeings how out has access to ask information ever.

I always say "quarter of eight." Sounds better.

I was briefly involved with a girl who loved that Train song just referenced. She wanted me to learn it on the guitar. NOT SO FAST, MY FRIEND.

Hey, amidst all this Radiohead frenzy we should remember that PJ Harvey has a new album coming out tomorrow, which I am VERY eager to hear.

And according to their website, Best Buy is selling it for $7.99.

Yes please.

Pitchfork said it's her most accessible album in a decade, which is obviously referring to Stories From The City... (my personal fav).

So that's good news. I don't think that with PJ, accessible = watered-down.

Back
Top Bottom