Random Music Talk XXIV: Where there's CLICK!ing and NASH!ing of teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Listening to that one now. The title track sounds like PJ Harvey playing a Rockabye Baby version of one of her own songs at the bottom of a giant well. Kinda really awesome.

I'll probably make the thread for it once I'm finished, just so I can have something relatively constructive to say about it. This is getting reviews that are every bit as strong as My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, so that means absurd overhype, regardless of its quality.

We had to say dickety because the Kaiser stole our word for twenty. So I ran after him for dickety-six miles.

:applaud:

If you guys think that Train article is embarrassing, you should read the mini-interview with Kesha in the latest Rolling Stone - she presents herself as a rebel on account of sneaking into movies. :|

Stephen Colbert to James Murphy: "Why walk away now? There are only three ways for a rocker to end a career: overdose, overstay your welcome, or write Spiderman the Musical."

Stephen Colbert to James Murphy: "Why walk away now? There are only three ways for a rocker to end a career: overdose, overstay your welcome, or write Spiderman the Musical."
I mentioned this in the LCD Soundsystem thread.

EYKIW's thoughts: why does everyone hate Bono? :sad:

This is why releasing new music is more important than ever.

Shuttlecock needs to remove the stain of Spider-FAIL with something good.

You know Harry Muffin can't be pleased with the state of things right now. Even if it's only credited to Boner & Hedge, the whole band's rep is dragged down by this debacle.

What a down year for festivals. Nothing worth writing home about in the Bonnaroo lineup at all. Looks like I won't be making my first trip out there this time around.

Your move, Perry Farrell.

Arcade Fire, Black Keys, MMJ, Strokes, Decemberists, I&W, Girl Talk, Florence + The Machine, Explosions In The Sky, Big Boi, Robyn, Deerhunter, Twin Shadow and reunited Buffalo Springfield (this still blows my mind) trump anything from Bonnaroo 2010. Plus, Kings of Leon aren't headlining.

Bodes well for Lolla, actually: the headliners are shit here too, but it has depth beyond them. Hopefully, Lolla will take Bonnaroo's lead and have two hip-hop headliners: Eminem and Kanye, specifically.

This is why releasing new music is more important than ever.

Shuttlecock needs to remove the stain of Spider-FAIL with something good.

You know Harry Muffin can't be pleased with the state of things right now. Even if it's only credited to Boner & Hedge, the whole band's rep is dragged down by this debacle.

What's going on with the Spidey stuff? /out of the loop.

BTW - I don't know what the rest of you pussies have, but my facebook ads have been recommending that I join the CIA lately. Why? Cause I'll kill you pricks without thinking about it.

Spidey = was delayed again (I think now the date is March), but still charging full price for endless previews. No more injuries since that one dude whomped onto his back or whatever.

Reviews are coming out and are generally horrid, although thankfully, the music seems to be the least of their concerns. But it gets a mention as being not that great/memorable and generally hard to hear/understand in what appear to be shitty acoustics. Bono and Edge were at some or a lot of the previews for a stretch, but no other news about them re Spidey involvement, and now they're in South Africa doing their day jobs, so either they're just plain old done with their Spidey job, or are still doing things remotely.

I think that's about it.

I've heard great things about the new PJ Harvey. And I like Stories of the Whatsit, so it sounds like I should like this one, too.

GAF Watch: The Strokes will be on SNL March 5 with host..... Miley Cyrus.

Sorry fer not readin' threads I'm not interested in, gayng.

This is what I get for watching SNL three days after the fact.

I was just directing you to his blurb about it, as it was good stuff. Probably should have edited the link so it didn't look I was just linking the thread.

Catching up...

Strokes and Miley Cyrus (there's a joke in that sentence somewhere, I'm sure), eh? That should be interesting.

Hehe, I immediately thought of this place when I heard that last night :D.

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
With drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's a time to change, hey
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey

Now that she's back from that soul vacation
Tracing her way through the constellation, hey
She checks out Mozart while she does Tae-Bo
Reminds me that there's room to grow, hey

I think this is the thing that I've noticed particularly bugs me about Train songs-I'm all for eccentric characters and weird descriptions and stuff, but seriously, are these songs based on women he knows, and if so, where the hell does he FIND these people?

"Drops Of Jupiter" is okay, yeah, if you only hear it every once in a while. The song that would probably drive me into a homicidal mood would be "Calling All Angels". That one truly needs to die a horrible death.

I kind of want Jennings to just take a baseball bat to the robot in the middle of Final Jeopardy (with the lovely music in the background) and smash the thing to smithereens.

Something along these lines, perhaps?:
YouTube - The Who - My Generation [Live]

I'll have to see if I can catch this little showdown, it sounds interesting.

Angela

Laz, Cori, NSW, et al,

Help me out here. I've been theorizing with a (younger) buddy of mine that only younger hipsters can appreciate the new Destroyer album. Those of us who are old (or culturally aware) enough to have lived through a radio era featuring those sounds cannot abide it.

Thoughts?

You're so old you haven't even realized that NSW isn't here.

And didn't Scumbo like it? He's "old" by whatever standard that is you're setting.

Laz, Cori, NSW, et al,

Help me out here. I've been theorizing with a (younger) buddy of mine that only younger hipsters can appreciate the new Destroyer album. Those of us who are old (or culturally aware) enough to have lived through a radio era featuring those sounds cannot abide it.

Thoughts?

I haven't heard it yet.

I actually get what The Chief is saying re: Destroyer.

PhilsFan said:
To prove your point, I just had to look up Elisabeth Shue.

We get it. You're young.

Back
Top Bottom