Random Music Talk LXXXVII: Which one of you called my church?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joanna Newsome and Andy Samberg? Am I the only person who didn't know this?

U2 really should retire and at least the whining and awfully lengthy new album threads will come to an end. It's sad yet I wouldn't go as far to call it a 'joke,' since I think nobody apart from a percentage of fans really care if they do anything else.

..since I think nobody apart from a percentage of fans really care if they do anything else.

I think this is true, and a major reason why all the "no producer/stage designer/record label/ticket company would ever refuse U2" rhetoric in EYKIW is naive. I said it as a joke before, but now I'm starting to think their best marketing strategy at this point is to sit on the album for at least another year and then bill it as a "comeback" or something like that.

Having never seen chicken with waffles together on the same plate as part of the same meal, I was intrigued by the such-flavored potato chips. Those were really gross.

I labored all labor day long.

and yeah I've tried those chips too, iwb, nasty flavor.

Having never seen chicken with waffles together on the same plate as part of the same meal, I was intrigued by the such-flavored potato chips. Those were really gross.

Horrible. I've had the same bag in my cupboard for a month. I doubt they've improved.

Kinda dig the sriracha ones though.

The sriracha ones were ok, the cheesy garlic bread ones were good, but maple syrup doesn't belong on potato chips.

I was really enjoying these chips until TRAVIS decided to try dipping them in sour cream. He was curious what each one would taste like, and the first two were fine, but then he forced me to try Chicken and Waffles with Sour Cream. It was easily one of the worst taste experiences of my life. Just thinking of it now makes me gag. I haven't been able to touch any of the Do Us a Flavor chips since then. I can't even think of them, or I remember.

Honestly, I was pretty dissatisfied with all of them and was shocked that something with bacon didn't make the final. I can't remember what my chip submission was, but I remember thinking it was the greatest friggin' idea of all time.

Impy: GREAT call on Chelsea Wolfe. Will be ranked highly for me. Sounds like Bat For Lashes and Swans, which is a great combo.

Hahahaha. U2 aren't releasing an album this year and it sounds like Bono isn't even confident in early 2014. That's fucking rich.

I genuinely am starting to not give a shit about their next album.

The funniest thing is that a lot of people genuinely expected a new album to come out in late 2009/early 2010. The whole Songs of Ascent fiasco has never been more amusing.

I was really enjoying these chips until TRAVIS decided to try dipping them in sour cream. He was curious what each one would taste like, and the first two were fine, but then he forced me to try Chicken and Waffles with Sour Cream. It was easily one of the worst taste experiences of my life. Just thinking of it now makes me gag. I haven't been able to touch any of the Do Us a Flavor chips since then. I can't even think of them, or I remember.

That sounds rather disgusting.

According to someone in The Other Place, he's saying these cliches to mess with the heads of Interferencers.

LOL!

I really would be fine with U2 retiring though. I think we would then start to see some cool box sets with outtakes that we've never heard before.

If they didn't scrap the DM work then I'd at least like them to release that album, but if they're scrapping it because they didn't have enough radio hits, them I'm hoping for retirement.

Did Bono seriously fucking say "lost in the music"?!

Jesus, what a troll that guy is.

I think the quote was actually "well, we lost the music..." As in, someone in the band misplaced it and that's why the album won't be out this year.

I don't know why it shocks me at this point what a walking clichè he's become...

Also, thanks to Interference I have learned that all black people are predisposed to violence and crime and all Metalica fans are racist.

The more you know.

I don't know why it shocks me at this point what a walking clichè he's become...

Also, thanks to Interference I have learned that all black people are predisposed to violence and crime and all Metalica fans are racist.

The more you know.

I wanted to make a joke about kanye's black skinhead song and s.h.a.r.p. in the metallica is kkk members thread, but I suspect it will flop miserably.

Is chicken and waffles a flavor of some chip? I'm beyond lost here.

That was where I'd first heard of the two being combined, I saw chicken and waffle flavored potato chips at the store the other day and thought wtf is that, I should try it. It was the opposite of tasty, and then I went online and found out it was actually a food thing people really eat. Up until about a year or so ago, I'd never actually eaten fried chicken anyway. I had absolutely no idea that anyone ever put it on waffles. I don't even think Denny's or Ihop here does that.

There was a time where I'd try every new weird flavor of chips on the shelf. But nowadays I make it a point not to buy any products with artificial flavoring, which I'm assuming these novelties all rely on.

Back
Top Bottom