Random Music Talk LXXXVII: Which one of you called my church?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahahaha. U2 aren't releasing an album this year and it sounds like Bono isn't even confident in early 2014. That's fucking rich.

I genuinely am starting to not give a shit about their next album.

Hahahaha. U2 aren't releasing an album this year and it sounds like Bono isn't even confident in early 2014. That's fucking rich.

Haha was pretty much my reaction as well. They really have become a joke.

I know. I just think it's a stupid comment. In what way have they become a joke? What other bands are releasing albums 30 years into their careers? Especially bands with members as rich as Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam?

I know. I just think it's a stupid comment. In what way have they become a joke? What other bands are releasing albums 30 years into their careers? Especially bands with members as rich as Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam?

They're a band that vacations more than they work on music and I think they're a joke compared to my other favorite musicians. That's all I really mean by that. Wow dude.

I just think people are overreacting to a simple radio interview in which Bono is hardly going to give away everything. It's clear Bono's main focus isn't U2 anymore which is too bad but understandable. Calling them a joke at this point is just a weird statement to me. Not trying to attack you in any way.

I just think people are overreacting to a simple radio interview in which Bono is hardly going to give away everything. It's clear Bono's main focus isn't U2 anymore which is too bad but understandable. Calling them a joke at this point is just a weird statement to me. Not trying to attack you in any way.

Ah. I've actually been calling thema joke for a few years now. :wink:

And agreed that people are overreacting. The signs of a delay have been out there for a while now.

This length of time between albums wouldn't be so laughable if they would just stop bloviating about relevance.

I hope everyone in U S and A is having an enjoyable holiday. I also hope you all buy the new Okkervil River album tomorrow.

I emailed them on Friday, and they messaged me back quickly saying it was a mix up and they'd send me the disc that day. Glad to hear they're in the download too though.

Holiday...what holiday? Oh you mean this SUPER LEGIT BANK HOLIDAY THERE IS NO MAIL GOVERNMENT IS SHUT DOWN TOTALLY A HOLIDAY DAY THAT MY UNIVERSITY CHOOSES TO IGNORE EVERY YEAR day?

I said all along we wouldn't get one this year.

I really haven't cared in a long time.

Danger Mouse had me intrigued at least. But another delay? That says to me that they're back to being self-conscious about radio plays and shit.

Well LM, it looks like you ran that ultimate thread survivor a year too early. These last two new album threads would have been serious contenders. I mean, who would have guessed that Lady Gaga is an illuminati initiate?

How do I word this best......

I don't waste much time thinking about the next U2 album.....nor do I care when it comes out.....it'll be released when it gets released.....but when things are official, release date, tour dates, etc......my interest will perk up big time, even if my expectations will be fairly modest, if not low.

People on this board care far too much. One of these days, Bono is going to spout some bullshit about "maybe being lost in Edge's musical fire, we'll see" and one of those EYKIW regulars is going to send them on a trip to Belize.

My attitude mirrors NSW's.

I don't waste much time thinking about the next U2 album.....nor do I care when it comes out.....it'll be released when it gets released.....but when things are official, release date, tour dates, etc......my interest will perk up big time, even if my expectations will be fairly modest, if not low.

Pretty much sums it up.

Back
Top Bottom