Random Music Talk LXXXVII: Which one of you called my church?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was where I'd first heard of the two being combined, I saw chicken and waffle flavored potato chips at the store the other day and thought wtf is that, I should try it. It was the opposite of tasty, and then I went online and found out it was actually a food thing people really eat. Up until about a year or so ago, I'd never actually eaten fried chicken anyway. I had absolutely no idea that anyone ever put it on waffles. I don't even think Denny's or Ihop here does that.

It's a food that people eat?

There was a time where I'd try every new weird flavor of chips on the shelf. But nowadays I make it a point not to buy any products with artificial flavoring, which I'm assuming these novelties all rely on.

:up:

Frito-Lay = GMO. And there are plenty great chips that aren't.

As far as mass-produced chips are concerned, Ruffles are so far ahead of Lays it's not even funny.

Well, unless it's Lays Wavy, but even then, it's a silly comparison, since they're the same company.

I know chips are probably one of the worst things on earth you can each, but I just don't care. Chips are delicious....unless they're the chips we were previously discussing.

But kettle chips are Heaven.

New Sleigh Bells track is predictably awful, but good golly that is an attractive woman.

I haven't been paying attention because U2 is the only band I ever listen to and I am so crushed that the album is delayed, but what's the deal with this Arcade Fire album again? Are we getting a single soon? Like this week?

I'm so depressed. They should shut down the forum.

New single likely on Monday.

Don't ask me how I know.
I have sources. Shhhh.

Not really.

Maybe it comes out Monday.

Or maybe Jimmy Iovine will force a delay. Maybe he'll prevent it from EVER coming out. Maybe Win Butler will have trouble stealing basketballs or playing guitar with two missing arms.

Don't fuck with THE 'NATI!

There was a time where I'd try every new weird flavor of chips on the shelf. But nowadays I make it a point not to buy any products with artificial flavoring, which I'm assuming these novelties all rely on.

It entertains me at work. Otherwise, I never buy chips or cookies or stuff like that.

I can't bring myself to eat the new Lay's Chicken & Waffles chips, even if the real combo is a national soul food treasure.

I only eat plain/original flavoured chips. My favourites are Thins (Lays), but Kettle is also delicious.

Pringles are probably the most delicious, but they're also dangerous, I struggle to stop eating them once I start.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around people eating fried chicken and waffles together.

I'm not so baffled by the concept as I am the execution. How...do you do it? Is the fried chicken cut up for you and placed on top? Or do you kinda...dip the fried chicken in syrup, take a bite, then cut off some waffle and eat it?

Also for those wondering: The lays chip is basically a maple flavored potato chip, dunked in chicken bouillon.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around people eating fried chicken and waffles together.

It's a Southern thing, I guess.

Chicken goes on top of the waffle. Pour syrup on top of both. Cut a piece of chicken and waffle. You go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark.

Yeah, I'd never heard of it before the other day either. And had to google pictures to see how it is actually done, cos I was picturing some shredded, pulled chicken topping on the waffles, all slathered in maple syrup, and it sounded really gross. Although the real thing still seems just as baffling to me.

Grits, too. Don't really get grits. And biscuits and gravy creep me out, too.

...even if the real combo is a national soul food treasure.

I've been a vegetarian for six years now, but for some reason the thought of chicken and waffles is the one thing that tempts me to eat meat. I have no idea why that is.

It's a Southern thing, I guess.

Chicken goes on top of the waffle. Pour syrup on top of both. Cut a piece of chicken and waffle. You go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark.

But how do you cut a piece of chicken?

I've been a vegetarian for six years now, but for some reason the thought of chicken and waffles is the one thing that tempts me to eat meat. I have no idea why that is.

...are you pregnant?

Back
Top Bottom