Random Music Talk LXXVI: No officer, it's not the ice, I ALWAYS dress like a donkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go if I could. The new UMO album is pretty weak, but they were fantastic at P4k. Foxygen's just fun. I couldn't imagine not having a good time with that billing.

I was gone for an hour and returned to my house broken into and completely ransacked. Laptop, iPad, jewelry gone. An awful feeling to come home and find your most personal things in the world having been touched and thrown all over the house. It didn't help when the police were laughing and making jokes while dusting for fingerprints.

I just keep thinking that if my Chihuahua hadn't died he might have been stolen.

:sad:

What the fuck

I was waiting for a punchline or something, this being RMT and all. That happened to you just now? Holy shit, I'm so sorry Joyful.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

I was gone for an hour and returned to my house broken into and completely ransacked. Laptop, iPad, jewelry gone. An awful feeling to come home and find your most personal things in the world having been touched and thrown all over the house. It didn't help when the police were laughing and making jokes while dusting for fingerprints.
That's brutal. Hopefully there's some justice coming soon and you get at least some sense of peace back.

Thanks, guys. I'm just sitting here numb looking at this unbelievable mess. Fortunately I had recently backed up my computer and they didn't take my external drive, or my first iPad. And I don't seem to have any chargers left. But I feel so sad and violated.

I had my car stolen once (never recovered), and I've never felt more violated myself. To upend someone's life like that is reprehensible.

Sorry, Joyful.

I'd go if I could. The new UMO album is pretty weak, but they were fantastic at P4k. Foxygen's just fun. I couldn't imagine not having a good time with that billing.

I'm sure it would be worth it, I'm just apathetic to live music in general right now. Maybe if enough friends are going.

To say this sucks is a gigantic understatement. Sorry to hear about this. That some bastards took valuable stuff like laptops, iPads, etc. is bad enough, but that they have gone through personal stuff too is really terrible.
As slim as the chance is, I hope those bastards get caught and will pay for it. Take care.

Yeah that's really upsetting joyful. It's hard to believe that some people can do stuff like that.

I hope to never experience anything like that.

Winners of the 2013 Grammy ceremony:

1. Katy Perry's breasts
2. Justin Timberlake. Best performance of the night, easily
3. Taylor's nerdy white person dancing and reaction shots
4. Jack White's guitar
5. Mostly KP's boobs tho

Bonus note:

Is Lena Dunham dating the guitarist from fun.?

Joyful, what everyone else said, obviously and many hugs and wishes for some sort of closure.

I just finished listening to Viva La Vida for the first time in ages. Still as good as ever and easily Coldplay's best.

Favorite moment:
No, I don't want to battle from beginning to end
I don't want to cycle or recycle revenge
I don't want to follow death and all of his friends

My favorite album of theirs, definitely.

I love their song "Yes" off of there.

Does it qualify as an album if nobody listens past track 3?

Heeeey, I listen to (and like) the whole album...

I'm happy he won :shrug:.

It didn't help when the police were laughing and making jokes while dusting for fingerprints.

Ugh, holy crap, seriously? Classy group there :|.

Yeah, break-ins are just downright creepy crimes-it's so disturbing to think someone can invade your privacy like that. That fucking sucks, joyfulgirl, I am so sorry. I too am hoping that you can manage to recover your things somehow and that they catch the scumbag who did this :hug:.

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine - her house was ransacked and some stuff stolen, including money and some of her Mum's jewelry and documents. But they also went through her underwear and stole some of that. Just about the creepiest thing I've ever heard.

Heeeey, I listen to (and like) the whole album...

I'm happy he won :shrug:.

Glad I'm not the only one. Sure it might not be the best album ever, but I think a lot of people have let their annoyance at Gotye and that song in particular becoming extremely popular cloud their judgement. It's sure as hell a million times better than 95% of records that chart. Maybe Laz is extra pissed because Prince gave him the Grammy for Record of the Year for Somebody.

Anyway, I heard this song on the radio the other day and loved it. Some nice electro goodness from a Sydney band.

PVT - Shiver - YouTube

Somebody That I Used to Know is a great song and deserves the accolades. It's just the only one on that album that is.

I would have been more pleased with Thinkin Bout You winning ROTY, but Gotye deserved it too.

Somebody That I Used to Know is a great song and deserves the accolades. It's just the only one on that album that is.

I would have been more pleased with Thinkin Bout You winning ROTY, but Gotye deserved it too.

I also love Easy Way Out, Eyes Wide Open, State of the Art, Giving Me a Chance and Save Me. No tracks I dislike.

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine - her house was ransacked and some stuff stolen, including money and some of her Mum's jewelry and documents. But they also went through her underwear and stole some of that. Just about the creepiest thing I've ever heard.

*Shudders* If my time spent watching true crime shows is any indication, that person's gonna likely go on to commit much more severe crimes. I just...I don't get it.

Glad I'm not the only one. Sure it might not be the best album ever, but I think a lot of people have let their annoyance at Gotye and that song in particular becoming extremely popular cloud their judgement. It's sure as hell a million times better than 95% of records that chart. Maybe Laz is extra pissed because Prince gave him the Grammy for Record of the Year for Somebody.

Anyway, I heard this song on the radio the other day and loved it. Some nice electro goodness from a Sydney band.

PVT - Shiver - YouTube

Yeah, unfortunately the song's overplay didn't help matters. For me, as long as the song's good, I can live with it-it's what radio does nowadays to many a song, unfortunately, it's not fair to blame the artist for that. And I checked out and like his music he had out before that song as well, so that helped a lot. I don't care about "best album ever!" or stuff like that-when it comes to deciding what I like I never factor that in because I'm crap at predicting what will become "classic" and take off and all that sort of thing. If I personally like it, then that's all that matters.

Prince looked very...interesting last night (not exactly a shocking statement, that, but still).

Will have to check out that song when I get a chance this evening.

Bob Seger. I like that guy. His first greatest hits compilation is one of the best of its kind.

Old Time Rock and Roll is ass, but otherwise I like Seger a lot. He's a badass. I might see him live in a couple months, I haven't decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom