Random Music Talk LXX: Original Theatrical Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That girl with the hello kitty avatar asked me if I wanted to write something about one of the street dogs' albums one time, I think in an effort to get me to stop making new threads. I didn't.

Yeah I have never looked through the other non forum parts at all.

Wow, I am such an idiot. I bought a ticket to see Eddie Vedder last spring and when it was cancelled I thought I'd turned my ticket in and gotten a refund since I was ambivalent about going to begin with and decided I'd spent too much on an impulse purchase and wanted my money back.

But just now I was scrolling through my emails and discovered an "Event Reminder" from Ticketmaster, which prompted me to go look in the drawer where I keep tickets. And there was the damn ticket. I guess I was confusing it with the Ryan Adams show which was cancelled and refunded.

Getting old sucks, guys. Don't let it happen to you!!!

So I am going to see Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard tomorrow night after all. Sixth row center.

This is more than I have ever talked about, or ever wanted to talk about, Eddie Vedder. :huh:

And wow, you really know how you feel about an artist when you forget you have a ticket to see them.

Hahahaha. If it makes you feel any better, I completely spaced it on Father John Misty over the weekend and didn't go. Luckily I hadn't paid for a ticket yet, but I was still planning on going.

Have fun!

Anyway, re the article in question...why don't one of you smarty pants go write something for the front page instead of making fun of what's there? The mods are probably trying to get new material but with not much forthcoming they're working with what they've got. I never read any of it so I don't really care if it's good or bad or whatever.

Well, just because I don't want to write a sitcom, doesn't mean I can't make fun of Big Bang Theory and all those who watch it ;)

I also have no interest in writing album reviews. But when a horrible one is dropped in front of me, I can't help but hate on it

Well, just because I don't want to write a sitcom, doesn't mean I can't make fun of Big Bang Theory and all those who watch it ;)

I also have no interest in writing album reviews. But when a horrible one is dropped in front of me, I can't help but hate on it

Good points.

Speaking of good writing, I just read the newish Christopher Hitchens posthumous Mortality tonight. A very poignant and thought provoking read. Very brief at around 120 pages, so you can get through it in a short time. Highly recommended. I miss his stinging wit

I had a love/hate thing with Hitchens but I definitely want to read that.

photo-3.png

I have a copy of god is not great that I will read one of these days.

IWasBored said:
I have a copy of god is not great that I will read one of these days.

It's fantastic. You can't help but hear his voice when you read it

I know this is probably fairly common, but I've noticed one of my really close friends who's recently become atheist quotes and follows Hitchens, Dawkins, and the like to the point of it feeling as if he's just substituted one religion for another.

That fact that one "becomes" atheist implies a sort of transformation in and of itself.

Frankly, a lot of atheists are more active in their religion than I am in mine.

Hahahaha. If it makes you feel any better, I completely spaced it on Father John Misty over the weekend and didn't go. Luckily I hadn't paid for a ticket yet, but I was still planning on going.

I had a similar experience with FJM, except I had a ticket but was simply too tired to go. I officially became an old man that night.

iron yuppie said:
I had a similar experience with FJM, except I had a ticket but was simply too tired to go. I officially became an old man that night.

I'd say :down: but the same thing happened to me with Malkmus. Ticket cost me $40 but it was mid-week, I had no one to go with, was tired and didn't like the one album I'd heard by him that much.

I had tickets to see the Brian Jonestown Massacre and forgot about it til a few days after the show. I'll probably forget about the street dogs show in December at this point.

u2popmofo said:
I know this is probably fairly common, but I've noticed one of my really close friends who's recently become atheist quotes and follows Hitchens, Dawkins, and the like to the point of it feeling as if he's just substituted one religion for another.

Yeah, those people suck too. I really don't care if you believe in one god, a thousand different gods, no god, or fucking space aliens. i care when you try to convince me that whichever you believe in is the right one. I happen to be an atheist, but I'd be just as hypocritical as the religious nuts I hate if I went around pushing that one everyone I talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom