Random Music Talk LXX: Original Theatrical Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great that you enjoyed that Eddie Vedder show. :up:

This is a recording of an improvised version of Black in Las Vegas that he played after being offered from a member of the audience 5000 dollars to donate to a charity organisation that he's involved with, if only he played that song. He never played that song solo before. Very cool:

Black Eddie Vedder Las Vegas, November 1, 2012 - YouTube

Cool! He divided the audience into electoral colleges last night and picked representatives from each section to suggest songs and then we had to vote. Black was one of the songs and I think that was the one where he said, "Ok. Anybody happen to know how to play that?" It lost the vote anyway.

He never plays songs that were written by other Pearl Jam members, Black being one of those. This is something that the audience always tends not to know. It was an exception in Vegas since it was an offer he couldn't refuse.

It's funny cause I listened to that Glen Hansard album yesterday. I liked it.

Off to Godspeed now. :hyper:

Yeah, I don't want to get too excited about it until we know more concreted details, but it still makes me happy.

mckellen-006.jpg

Cool! He divided the audience into electoral colleges last night and picked representatives from each section to suggest songs and then we had to vote. Black was one of the songs and I think that was the one where he said, "Ok. Anybody happen to know how to play that?" It lost the vote anyway.

This is kind of cool. Glad the saga worked out in your favor. :up:

I'm also relieved to see I'm not the only one who's had tickets to a show and not gone. I had tickets to see Friends this summer. The night of the show, I came home after a long shift and promptly fell asleep around 7:00. Totally slept through the show. Old age is no good.

Vedder said they met over the telephone when they were both going through some heavy stuff and became close friends.

Hansard told that story in Seattle as well. After that person killed himself by jumping from the rafters onto the stage during the show, Vedder called to share experiences and see how he was doing, as PJ had something similar when those fans were killed at a festival.

The festival deaths are horrible enough, but I can't even comprehend being there - on stage or in the audience - and having someone kill themselves right then and there, in front of everyone. How traumatic for everyone.

Hansard told that story in Seattle as well. After that person killed himself by jumping from the rafters onto the stage during the show, Vedder called to share experiences and see how he was doing, as PJ had something similar when those fans were killed at a festival.

The festival deaths are horrible enough, but I can't even comprehend being there - on stage or in the audience - and having someone kill themselves right then and there, in front of everyone. How traumatic for everyone.

I'd forgotten all about that. I figured it was something more personal. Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering.

Was Eddie at the Seattle show?

Imps and I were having some laughs last night sharing the "opinions" from our Facebook / Twitter feeds about the election results. A guy at work sent me this one from some guy his sister is friends with on Facebook:

I just lost ALL faith in America....The only words I can use right now is...Don't you dare come to me for help if you voted for HIM as your Savior. I have to agree with Democratic free elections, and will adhere to the succession of power. To bad that the country just voted again for the man that wants to bring us down to poverty, slavery and bringing the Muslim Brotherhood's Sharia Law to our country. Don't believe...watch your world crumble in just the next TWO years and try to prove me wrong.
People, this is not a good thing. I will have food storage, and it is for my family only, I will have guns, my family only. I will turn into the most hardcore Constitutional advocate...that is the only thing I will share. This election disgusts me. I can only say... I Pray that God has all of this in HIS plan to bring us all together in the future..for me, right now...I am WAY on one side....just sayin'

:)

We looked the guy up on Facebook, and he has a picture of a deer (I'm assuming he shot) as his background picture.

I was working all night in a particularly conservative newsroom. I said very little at the time, but I did start singing Mr. November when I got out to the parking lot.

My few non-liberal friends (mostly family members) were mostly absent from Facebook last night.

My brother was posting as he watched the results roll in, and now this morning he said he just turned off the TV and went to play with his kids. Sounds like a good way to deal with disappointment.

I was working all night in a particularly conservative newsroom. I said very little at the time, but I did start singing Mr. November when I got out to the parking lot.

When they projected that Obama had won Pennsylvania, I thought, "Way to go, Peef!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom