Random Music Talk LXIX: Give it to Laz - He'll Eat Anything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most rappers taste level ain’t at my waist level
Turn up the bass ’til it’s up in your face level
Don’t do no press but I get the most press, kid
Plus your my bitch, make your bitch look like Precious
Something’ ’bout Mary she gone off that Molly
Now the whole party is melted like Dalí

I have actually been meaning to tell you that Beirut is a band that I investigated largely because of your enthusiasm, and I have definitely enjoyed what I have heard. That was a solid recommendation.

:up:

Glad to hear you've liked them! I really enjoy their stuff, they're actually one of my most listened to artists on Last FM. For whatever reason, I find myself in the mood to hear them quite often. I honestly have enjoyed everything they've done, all 3 albums, all 3 ep's, the non-album tracks, collabs, etc. They're a lot of fun live too, if you ever get the chance.

Man, Beirut is one of those bands (The Rip Tide especially) where I heard the album once, absolutely loved it, and have never had the opportunity to even relisten to a track or two from it, but I recall thinking it was fantastic.

Give it a spin again sometime!

I'm seeing Beirut in a couple of weeks.

I didn't know Chromatics were coming over here, but Kill For Love is one of my albums of the year.

Have fun.

Beirut, guyz.

Gonna rock some Misfits at the gym tonight. I'll miss out on all the Vanessa Carlton they play, but that's the price you pay.

:up: on the Misfits, I've been listening to them regularly recently as well.

My gym plays Vanessa Carlton a lot too. It's weird to hear songs that the rest of the world seems to have forgotten about, but some random company has decided to play in their business 10 times a day.

:up: on the Misfits, I've been listening to them regularly recently as well.

My gym plays Vanessa Carlton as well. It's weird to hear songs that the rest of the world seems to have forgotten about, but some random company has decided to play in their business 10 times a day.

Mine too, quite frequently even. I don't understand it.

In other super random songs, I came out of the subway downtown at 6:45 AM to the sound of Heart's "Magic Man" blaring out of a Potbelly store. The employees must have been rocking out while setting up shop.

I lied. I can still gear their shit because it's on so damn loud and I refuse to deafen myself by turing up my volume to drown it out.

This. It is odd to have something like Terrible Love finish and then hear Katy Perry for a few moments before the next song on the iPod starts.

I'm looking forward to being done with work and going home today. Should have a package on my doorstep with Melody's Echo Chamber, Poor Moon, and Era Extrana on my porch. :hyper:

A great workout tune: Sonic Youth's Cross the Breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom