Random Music Talk LVI: Featuring Hologram Shouter and NSW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my first listen to Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space. Great recommendation from all of you.

Oh man, iYup. Rockabye Baby Smiths is glorious. If you have never had the opportunity to sample one of these, there is no better place to start (I am a big fan of the Radiohead one, but come on, it's the Smiths).

White vinyl, custom chutes and ladders board game on the sleeve for the kids.

Oh man, iYup. Rockabye Baby Smiths is glorious. If you have never had the opportunity to sample one of these, there is no better place to start (I am a big fan of the Radiohead one, but come on, it's the Smiths).

:lol: Interesting choice for the series. No one knows how to comfort a child like Moz: Suffer Little Children, Reel Around the Fountain, Back to the Old House, etc...

iron yuppie said:
:lol: Interesting choice for the series. No one knows how to comfort a child like Moz: Suffer Little Children, Reel Around the Fountain, Back to the Old House, etc...

I mean, Michael Armstrong made a Tool album for the series, so at least the Smiths' melodies are more palatable than those.

I'm waiting for Rockabye Merzbow or Rockabye John Cage.

I remember I tried listening to a Bright Eyes album before I went to a festival they were playing here... I think it was etc etc Lifted etc etc and I got about three minutes through the first track before turning it off. Not for me.

The Fearless Freaks is so good. Wayne is just an amazing, amazing guy. Drozd, man I had no idea he was what really made them who they are after Jones left. Like how the guy from the Butthole Surfers says he is Wayne's greatest asset. That shooting up scene is real confronting, scary to watch him talking at a million miles an hour, how he's addicted and how worried Wayne was. Hard to believe that was after such an incredible album in The Soft Bulletin and before Yoshimi. It really captures the spirit of the band I think, they're just so human, if that makes any sense? Everything the fans say towards the end there about their live shows is so true, it does feel like this spiritual experience.

That photo of Miles Davis with the blood on his jacket. Drozd's dad. All of Wayne's dropkick brothers. What a contrast that one scene with Tommy was, here's Wayne visiting his brother who lives in a ghetto neighbourhood. I just love this band.

Neil Finn's now following me on twitter. Are you sure it's him though ax? The updates are batshit insane
yeah, he's following me too. though judging by his followers total, i'm guessing he's going through following everyone who's following him. i guess he doesn't plan on actually reading twitter and will just tweet.

So I just found out through a facebook post that my friend Mark Watrous who played in some local-ish bands I liked called Loudermilk and Gosling played Coachella with The Shins doing additional guitars and keys. A couple years ago he did the same with The Ranconteurs. Good times.

Hey GAF, congrats on your White Sox's win yesterday. That pitcher is amazing, a perfect game on his first day out.

Thanks, reggo. It certainly was amazing. It wasn't his first day out but, yeah, it was an unforgettable day. I'll be telling people about that shit when I'm 90 years old.

It was insanely gratifying. I really wish I could bottle up that feeling I had...the emotions I felt during the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings of that game. My heart was beating through my chest, and when he got the last strikeout I just let out a very long series of happy screams. And I wanted to run around and hug everybody. Watching a pitcher on your favorite team throw a perfect game. It doesn't get much better than that for a sports fan. Euphoric, really. So happy and so thankful that I got to watch that entire game.

Yeah. I'm lucky.

And it looks like Josh Hamilton just hit his seventh homer of the young season. Good lord.

And there are all new episodes of Mad Men and Thrones tonight. And pub trivia is tonight, where we are trying to claim our fourth consecutive victory. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Where did I read that Dan Lanois came up with a list of his 15 favorite U2 songs? Was that on U2.com? Did anybody else see this?

I'm curious to see what he has listed. Love me some Lanois.

Judge from yourself: U2 > Sign In
He made this list in 2008, so it does not include anything from No Line On The Horizon. And there's nothing wrong with his two choices from All That You Can't Leave Behind. :)
He did only choose tracks from albums he was involved in though.

My reaction to hearing about the perfect game was "oh, you mean to tell me the Mariners lost? What a shocker." :lol:

But I made a point to watch the highlights on the local news that night. Amazing. And a glorious Seattle day, too. Great day for baseball.

Thanks for the Sign In link to the official site, but not all of us are suckers who renewed our membership this year for no reason.

Oh, I didn't know it was in the subscribers section. I guess it has a security measure then to keep out unwanted bullshit.

I wonder if any band has ever scored more hits by rewriting the same damn song over and over again than Maroon 5.

cobl04 said:
I'm sure you've heard This Love and She Will Be Loved.

The harder to breathe song. That and the jagged one are the only ones I know, but that's two songs far too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom