Random Music Talk LVI: Featuring Hologram Shouter and NSW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Good thread title
2. Lightships kick ass
3. After bagging on Brazilian pop music this morning I feel it imperative to mention that MPB and Tropicalia have become two of my favorite "genres" in the whole world

Re that Brazilian song. Yes, the pointing and stuff is part of the dance.

Is it horrible that I don't know a single Tupac song?

Lightships, eh? Never heard of them, so it looks like I have some "discovering" to do.

nielsgov said:
Re that Brazilian song. Yes, the pointing and stuff is part of the dance.

Is it horrible that I don't know a single Tupac song?

Wow...you'd think Brazil could come up with something at least a little cooler than jazz hands. That is really about equal.

I would be surprised if you had never heard California Love before.

Danny Boy said:
So I guess if I preorder Father John Misty and Beach House together it won't ship until May 15? I hate to pay twice for shipping but I also hate waiting.

Yeah, that's the rub. It's $4 less for shipping to get them together, but you have to wait for Bloom.

How you know you've heard a song too many times:

I've got Jeremy cranked on the radio, but I need to get out of the car to get the mail, so I take the keys out of the ignition and keep singing it on the way to the mailbox. When I get back, I'm on the bridge shouting TRY TO FORGET THIS and I turn the car back on and, lo and behold, there's Eddie going TRY TO ERASE THIS, etc.

It was pretty epic, but yeah, Jeremy was/is overplayed.

Despite the bonuses supplied from Sub Pop (and potential of possibly receiving it a day early), I can't help but use my Amazon Prime account for the free shipping and virtual guarantee it'll be on my porch when I get home the day it releases.

I don't know any Tupac songs, either. I know OF California Love, but have never heard more than a minute of it.

I can live with that.

Guys, I'm really starting to believe Ibi Dreams of Pavement (A Better Day) is one of the greatest songs ever released by anyone. Please discuss.

I know that Blur has its fair share of devoted fans, but is a 21-disc set really necessary for this particular band?

I've never liked any of Albarn's projects.

Guys, I'm really starting to believe Ibi Dreams of Pavement (A Better Day) is one of the greatest songs ever released by anyone. Please discuss.

It's certainly a good song. There are a decent number BSS tracks I like more than it though, and I wouldn't even rank any of those as highly as you seem to have above.

I know that Blur has its fair share of devoted fans, but is a 21-disc set really necessary for this particular band?

I've never liked any of Albarn's projects.

Seems about 19 or 20 discs more than is necessary. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom