Random Music Talk LV: Discussing The Music We've Been Listening to and Enjoying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few hilarious things from Aziz's stand-up.

1 - When you're texting a girl, and you both reply immediately for like five or ten or twenty texts in a row. And then you send one saying "hey do you wanna get pizza later" and you get no reply! And it's like "I know you read that shit immediately!" Until either you cave and ask what's going on or she texts you back much later and says "oh sorry I couldn't reply I was at my cousin's ballet recital we couldn't have our phones on" "BULLSHIT!"

2 - When you're doing really important work and then you wonder "I wonder if Home Alone 2 made more money than Home Alone 1" and then you waste hours looking up pointless information that doesn't matter.

3 - When he heard Saw 1 had a twist ending so he typed "Saw 1 ending" in on youtube to protests of "you haven't seen the whole thing". "But I looked up Saw on wikipedia and read the plot summary, then stopped before the twist ending and watched it youtube."

:laugh: That first joke one about the texting had me in tears. So true!

I did not use the word brilliant. That would be reserved for Louis CK, whose show I just finished watching. It was much better. The pot that was too strong, the kid in his daughter's class that he hates, male sexual perversion.

But I laughed at Aziz's jokes about things that everyone experiences. But now that I've seen your post, I won't sleep tonight, because now I hate myself.

I get the feeling Aziz's $5 stand up thing has more to do with Louis posting about how much money he made than anything else

Wilco just announced two nights at Red Rocks. Hell yeah I'm going if I can get tickets.

Ohhhh, nice.

I'm still bummed I didn't see them in Seattle earlier this year. Bad decision. Shoulda skipped choir.

Jive Turkey said:
I get the feeling Aziz's $5 stand up thing has more to do with Louis posting about how much money he made than anything else

Probably. Hopefully it's a trend that continues! I wish bands would do this with albums too.

Amazon don't allow digital downloads if you live here :huh: completely retarded.
technically they do, it's the billing address they go by. i've downloaded stuff off amazon before, albums, even downloaded a game through them. it all went through, but i had to use a card with a us billing address.

bono_212 said:
Are you telling me those standup downloads were $5 Australian?

Well $4.96 or whatever the exchange rate was. I'm saying it'd be cool if bands offered all their albums on their websites for like $5 or something.

KhanadaRhodes said:
technically they do, it's the billing address they go by. i've downloaded stuff off amazon before, albums, even downloaded a game through them. it all went through, but i had to use a card with a us billing address.

Ah, well. That doesn't help me much. And it's still stupid :wink:

Ever been to Red Rocks? Denver's lovely in the summer. :sexywink:

Yes, actually, although not for a concert. My college choir did a trip to Denver my freshman year, and we ended up going up to Red Rocks ... I don't remember why we went there. Just for something to do, I guess?

Anyway, I ran down to the stage and yelled "I'm standing where Bono stood!"

And then someone found an empty case of Milwaukee's Best beer. And we all stood around, we children of Wisconsin, and puzzled, "What the fuck is Milwaukee's Best beer?"

It's 1:40am in South Africa, I cannot fall asleep.

The zipper on my luggage broke, and I can't seem to fix it myself. Unfortunately, I assume this means I need to buy a bag while I'm here, which is exactly how I wanted to spend my free time in the country. Luggage always ends up getting beat to hell if you fly frequently, but I'm still always sad to see a bag I really liked get screwed up. At least it didn't break in transit.

corianderstem said:
I don't think I've ever seen it for sale anywhere in Wisconsin.

(Not like I was looking very hard, but I wasn't the only one baffled by that empty case.)

Oh I've seen it around many times. Wouldn't dare drink it though. ;)

You wouldn't think that any band would aspire to sound and act just like Kings of Leon, but this opening act apparently does.

I have absolutely no opinion on the Twilight Sad, but after reading about the influences and direction they were taking with the new album, I was curious. Anyone in here heard it? Thoughts?

joyfulgirl said:
Ever been to Red Rocks? Denver's lovely in the summer. :sexywink:

:drool: red rocks :drool: the one place of note ive ever been that isn't on the east coast. hell, it's probably the coolest place ive ever been anyway.

I've been around there. Hell if I'd want to live in Colorado, but the Garden of the Gods was very easy on the eyes.

garden-of-the-gods.jpg

Who are you seeing? And yeah, it is. I've taken hardly any photos or videos. I prefer to dance and sing like a lunatic.

I do enjoy checking in on facey though.

Back
Top Bottom