Random Music Talk CXVIII: Grabbing America By The...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I have been enjoying the soundtrack to the move, The Guest. It's fairly entertaining and on Netflix if you're interested. The soundtrack is quite solid.

I watched Lambert and Stamp tonight. I liked it very much and would recommend it to anyone who likes The Who or music in general. My only problem with it was at times, the background music was as loud as the person talking, and with my shitty left ear, it was difficult to hear the people talking.

Hey! Asking for a friend ... was Lemonade available on vinyl? My friend found a copy at the local store but they never saw it for sale or even mentioned anywhere else.

They swear it sounds weird and are wondering if it's some sort of weird bootleg vinyl. Is that a thing?

I love all the people in the Other Place who use Interpol as a byword for "worst opener".

Fuck, I wish I could've had Interpol open my U2 shows rather than almost anybody I have had to see.

Who the hell are you and what have you done with Danny Boy.

/can't-handle-change

The Interpol thing was the start of my hatred for The Other Place. In fact the 360 Tour as a whole was a fucking disgrace over there, from the openers to those shit-awful setlist parties with the stupid repeated gifs, steved, "Batman"...

The Interpol thing was the start of my hatred for The Other Place. In fact the 360 Tour as a whole was a fucking disgrace over there, from the openers to those shit-awful setlist parties with the stupid repeated gifs, steved, "Batman"...

That "Batman" shit still really fucks me off.

That fucking squirrel. I wouldn't be sad if setlist parties were banned on this forum.

You'd think some of the "men" who posted in it were 10 years old. Gifs of jiggling tits every time Streets was played. Spare me.

BNM for the new XX. Figure it's as good a place to start as any.

Bonoz2012 and IWBz, what do you think of the new AFI songz?

In just waiting to hear the whole album at this point, I actually missed most of the lead up for this one.

I watched Lambert and Stamp tonight. I liked it very much and would recommend it to anyone who likes The Who or music in general. My only problem with it was at times, the background music was as loud as the person talking, and with my shitty left ear, it was difficult to hear the people talking.

Thanks for the reminder. I really wanted to see this, but totally forgot it even existed.

You'd think some of the "men" who posted in it were 10 years old. Gifs of jiggling tits every time Streets was played. Spare me.

BNM for the new XX. Figure it's as good a place to start as any.
You haven't heard the debut? Get on that! It's only half an hour and you've probably already heard half the songs.

As for the whining about Interpol during 360, that made my blood boil. As if every band needs to engage with the crowd by doing some hand-clapping and stuff. At least they played some good music.

I'm so glad some bans in the end got handed down.

I also hate how Streets became known as "bouncy time", and not just on here. Plenty of people called it that on Twitter, including some atu2 folk. Piss off and stop ruining a great song.

I love all the people in the Other Place who use Interpol as a byword for "worst opener".

Fuck, I wish I could've had Interpol open my U2 shows rather than almost anybody I have had to see.

I love Interpol. Happily saw them twice. Aside from the big special guests like Arcade Fire, they're definitely one of my favorite options for openers in North America for the last 15 years.

I listened to the new AFI song yesterday. It was pretty forgettable.

Interpol wasn't bad, though they were promoting a fairly boring album and were a bit low-energy. If it was a tour for El Pintor, I likely would have been more invested.

Only other openers I've had for U2 were Keane on Vertigo and Muse on 360. Both put on good shows, though Muse was the best by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom