Random Music Talk CXIX: Donko Blocko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wasn't feeling The Far Field very much. You can insert the hipster cat meme after I say this, but I think Future Islands are regressing. In Evening Air and On the Water are where it's at for them.

Eh, On the Water is OK. I agree that In Evening Air is their best work, but for me, the peaks of Singles and the consistency and subtle sound tweaks of The Far Field make them nearly as good. They're still a really damn good band.

BTW, I am enjoying the fuck out of the two Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever mini albums. Thanks for the rec, Cobbler.

Fucking finally!! Yes, they're great. I can't get The French Press out of my head. Song of the year so far for me.

I had a $13 ticket to see them on Thursday night but I had a bad headache and work the next morning. Figure it won't be too long until they come here again but might not be this year :(

IWB and Bonoz2012 (and HG if you're lurking), I've been told the Dreamcar album is quite good by a fellow AFI fan. I guess I should listen to it, but I'm not all that excited about it based on some of the pre-release songs I've heard. Have any of you listened to it yet?

IWB and Bonoz2012 (and HG if you're lurking), I've been told the Dreamcar album is quite good by a fellow AFI fan. I guess I should listen to it, but I'm not all that excited about it based on some of the pre-release songs I've heard. Have any of you listened to it yet?

I haven't, but I can check it out.

Really.

Keef made sense, Macca, not so much.

The last 2 Pirates movies were awful, I expect the same here. Sadly I'll probably end up paying to seeit. Such is life when married sometimes.

For those who couldn't bring themselves to click on the link:

rs_600x600-170513120023-600-paul-mccartney-pirates-051317.jpg

I think the worst part of this is that there's probably going to be a bunch of twelve year olds watching this movie who won't even know who Paul McCartney is. It will be lost on them that he's one of the greatest, most influential songwriters of all time. He'll just be some old British guy in a pirate costume.

Can't say I ever got into Blink 182 but my younger brother loved that album and played it constantly so I could probably still recognize every track from it

Last edited:
I think the worst part of this is that there's probably going to be a bunch of twelve year olds watching this movie who won't even know who Paul McCartney is. It will be lost on them that he's one of the greatest, most influential songwriters of all time. He'll just be some old British guy in a pirate costume.

It's not that much of an issue as you make it out to be.

yep the Hawk is Howling. i haven't really checked that album out, sorry. apparently i only checked out their early albums.

Back
Top Bottom