Random Music Talk CVIII: Enhanced with a string section...maybe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood on the Tracks is without a doubt the greatest break-up album ever made.

Us and Wildflowers are two of my favorites.

And with that, I transition into:

HOLY SHIT! Tom Petty is releasing am album of outtakes from Wildflowers :combust:

Seems No More Shall We Part would fall into the breakup category, though it might also be about heroin withdrawal. Or both.

Yeah, definitely. I love that album. Love Letter, man. I've never even had a breakup and that song still gets me.

Considering how often Dylan has trolled interviewers, I wouldn't take anything he says as gospel.

I wasn't inclined to believe him, particularly when you consider his son saying it's about his parents talking.

I didn't know the answer to any of those, though I probably would have gotten the Montreal one on a guess based on it having been an Olympics host city.

It's not like Americans would do much better if the category were "American cities".

"This city was the setting for the popular TV show, Dallas"

"What is....Beekee Soup?"

"I'm sorry, the answer is Dallas"

I should share with you the reconnaissance photo I took while in Vancouver for the U2 shows. It breaks down your Western military strength fairly succinctly.

You'll need to know more when you attack. How embarrassing would it be to want to invade say, Toronto, and actually end up in Lethbridge.

"Why the fuck are we here and not in Toronto??"

"This note says 'head North, then take a lethbridge'. This is Lethbridge!"

"FFS it says 'take a left after the bridge"

"Do you think we're near Wayne Gretzky's house, at least?"

"He lives in Los Angeles, asshole"

"Is that near here?"

....and, scene.

I don't really know any Canadian cities beyond those that have had NHL teams. Except for Moncton, because, you know, I post here.

The reason is because I don't care.

If I ended up in Lethbridge, I would only know why the barenaked ladies "these apples" was stuck in my head.

Thanks, that fucking song is going to be stuck in my head now, and it's the kind that never leaves.

3 out of 5. The last one, not sure how you get that one wrong. The first one I simply did not know and the 2nd, I slapped my head, should have known.

I would have probably only gotten 2, but yeah Moosejaw should have been easy. (Off the top of my head didn't know Victoria was BC's capital so my guess there was Vancouver, at least I was in the right province, Randy saying Edmonton for a city in Ontario deserved to miss final jeaopardy after his award winning performance).

You'll need to know more when you attack. How embarrassing would it be to want to invade say, Toronto, and actually end up in Lethbridge.
I do give Canadians credit for successfully invading Buffalo...

moose-humping-statue-03.jpg

A while ago I totally slacked on ripping CDs to my external hard drive, and apparently around the same time I also completely stopped putting things back in their proper cases. I found Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers inside a Ducky Boys album case (with the Ducky Boys album, so at least I didn't misplace that), and have entirely lost both Who Are You, and the Ebeneezer Blood album. I have a feeling one of them is what's stuck in my car CD player, if not both of them and that's the reason it was jammed in the first place.

I should share with you the reconnaissance photo I took while in Vancouver for the U2 shows. It breaks down your Western military strength fairly succinctly.

Could you tell us more about this photo?

"Why the fuck are we here and not in Toronto??"

"This note says 'head North, then take a lethbridge'. This is Lethbridge!"

"FFS it says 'take a left after the bridge"

"Do you think we're near Wayne Gretzky's house, at least?"

"He lives in Los Angeles, asshole"

"Is that near here?"

....and, scene.

Very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom