A Conversation With Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissCandyGirl

Acrobat
If you were to bump into Bono, what would your conversation be about?

I'd discuss U2's music for a while [obviously], then talk about their travels.

Over to you!

I'd ask him if it was strange the firs time he met a musician growing up idolizing and if it's still strange to be friends with them even after a lifetime of being a famous man among the famous. Like, I imagine it would always have been weird for him to be friends with Lou Reed and David Bowie but maybe it wasn't.

I’d just thank him for all the good music he’s provided me with, let him know that more fans love Zooropa and Pop than he thinks, and then just casually ask him what their plans are for the next album/tour.

I have bought 3 U2 albums on CD [old school]

1. Songs Of Innocence
2. All That You Can't Leave Behind
3. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

I am looking forward to listening to all of them and will share my opinions with you all when I have. I think my first choice of U2 album listed here will probably be my favourite. This is because I read all the lyrics on a website, just to familarize myself with their songs. The lyrics are incredible, I have to say.

Hopefully these albums will be great listening.

I am listening to "Songs Of Innocence". It is a great album. I listened to "All That You Can't Leave Behind" yesterday.

I love the rock/80's vibe and edge to the music in "Songs Of Innocence". I'd have to say it is 80's based type-music. But modern, too. The lyrics are brilliant and the songs don't repeat themselves.

"All That You Can't Leave Behind" I prefer. This is because it is heartfelt and I like the style of songs. Plus, I feel the lyrics are about Bono in later life and reflects on where he's been and where he's going.

I definitely do like these albums. U2 always mix it up and I don't think any album repeats itself. Because I have listened to "Pop", "Achtung Baby" and both greatest hits albums. I still love "The Joshua Tree". There is no question it is their best of the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom