Random Music CXXV: Least necessary thread edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try and summarize.

98.85%* of all HOLY SHIT stories involving human behavior come out of Florida. So many that the constant stream of "Florida man eats neighbor's face/tackles alligator and is eaten/runs across three counties naked" headlines have been given the short hand "Florida Man."

There's a meme going around today that tells you to Google "Florida Man" + your birthday and report back what comes up as a crazy Florida Man headline.

*I made that up, but it's probably pretty accurate

Mine isn't the best I've seen, but it's comfortably top 5.

"Florida man arrested after hitting girlfriend in face with burrito"

A Florida man arrested for destroying a liquor store under construction told police he was Alice in Wonderland and that a "hookah-smoking caterpillar" ordered him to attack the site.

You're saying, Cori? :D

Absolutely, although the gulf between their best and worst is greater than it is for most bands who've produced masterpieces.

Screamadelica, Vanishing Point, XTRMNTR and More Light are all must-listens.

And don't forget Give Out But Don't Give Up. More retro than most of their stuff, but some great songs are on it. Last year they released The Original Memphis Recordings from these album's sessions. More soulful (Tom Dowd was producing, they had the Muscle Shoals rhythm section and George Drakoullias hadn't put some radio-friendly gloss on some of the songs yet). So that one is recommended as well. :)

The only two Primal Scream songs I know are Movin' On Up and Rocks Off, which for YEARS I thought I had read was a cover of the Rolling Stones song.

When I first heard Exile on Main Street years later, I was stunned to realize that wasn't the case.

I'll try and summarize.

98.85%* of all HOLY SHIT stories involving human behavior come out of Florida. So many that the constant stream of "Florida man eats neighbor's face/tackles alligator and is eaten/runs across three counties naked" headlines have been given the short hand "Florida Man."

There's a meme going around today that tells you to Google "Florida Man" + your birthday and report back what comes up as a crazy Florida Man headline.

there's also this:

I'll try and summarize.

Aha. Well in that case:

Florida man wanted to prove independence to mom so he tried to rob gas station, police say

"Florida man rides manatee, dares police to arrest him, gets arrested"

Just for kicks, I tried doing it with "Florida woman" too, and this is what I found:

"Florida Woman Has Surgery To Add Third Breast To Her Chest"

^That's good for what it is, but it sounds much more like Currents than Lonerism...was hoping for more of that psychedelic sound. Oh well. Hopefully the album will be good.

Looks like everyone's googling has changed my result. Now I have...

Florida Man Accused of Stabbing Woman over Underdone Potato

I forgot that the Dropkick Murphy's second album had a secret track of sorts on the last song that was a bunch of messages from their guitar player's answering machine. They're like "Rick, the toilet's running again." "Rick, you need to go outside and help your brother shovel the driveway." I haven't listened to this album, or really this band at all, in a really long time and it kind of scared the hell out of me because I somehow didn't notice that the music had stopped until that part started up.

Random thought: Every time I hear Archie, Marry Me by Alvvays, I get a little nostalgic for what could have been. (The baby that passed away at 24 weeks in the womb of mrs. tourist a couple years ago was going to be named Archie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom