Random Facts and Confessions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Freefall said:
A sigh...I am a telemarketer. Why do people hate me so? I mean we have designed these sales pitches so that people can even send back the product at no risk. Yet they hang up on me before I can even say a word sometimes. A girl could get a complex like this...

I'm a nice person really. Try to understand us. We're trying to make a living like everyone else. I mean you can return the blasted book in 21 days if you want to.:(

i feel your pain. i too, was once a telemarketer. i did work for culligan water. wow some of those people were mean. then i worked for the tribune. even worse. i think between those two jobs i lasted 2 or 3 weeks.

Got Philk? said:
woah...you worked for the culligan man?

I'm sorry telemarketers...from now on I won't just say, "I'm not interested" and go...I will chat for a bit." :D

:lol:

I had one call me about a credit survey.
He was going on about it and such, he must've been talking for atleast a minute. At the end he was all happy and cheery like "wanna take part? :happy: ".. I was quiet for a few seconds and went ''not really", he was like ''WHAT??!!!?"

Freefall said:
You don't know what it is like though having your supervisor riding you because you're not keeping up with your quota. Orlando's job market is rough...I guess if I have to it is time for two jobs in the restaurant arena; though I hate to do it. Can't wait to leave this state! :(

Honestly, I feel sorry for the nice ones. If I thought just listening to the spiel would help them, I would. And sometimes the longer you let them talk, the more they think they're getting a sale. I feel like I'm being a tease. Good luck though. Hope you find something easier.

waynetravis said:

:lol:

I had one call me about a credit survey.
He was going on about it and such, he must've been talking for atleast a minute. At the end he was all happy and cheery like "wanna take part? :happy: ".. I was quiet for a few seconds and went ''not really", he was like ''WHAT??!!!?"

:lmao:

i confess that... i'm glad my birthday wasn't really a big deal. with graduation and everything I didn't really want another big celebration. it was pretty much a normal day and that was what I wanted :up:

I confess that my family forgot my 20th birthday until they saw the space shuttle blow up on the nightly news and my 21st didn't even have a cake or guests, let alone things for graduations of various types.

Sometimes I wonder if guys truly do want a sweet, intelligent, moralistic girl. None of the ones around here do! Or if there are some, they're hiding in a cave...or they don't like girls. :huh:

Not trying to hate on any guys. Just my observation with people I know. :wink:

LikeNoOneBefore said:
Sometimes I wonder if guys truly do want a sweet, intelligent, moralistic girl. None of the ones around here do! Or if there are some, they're hiding in a cave...or they don't like girls. :huh:

agreed

the very few guys that seem to actually want an intelligent girl who will treat them well are generally already taken :wink: but ive noticed that even guys that say they want that...well their actions don't go along with their words

LikeNoOneBefore said:

around here i'd say its more backwards - girls dont really look for guys looking for that - if they were i wouldnt have been girlfriendless all this time!

the thing is im not one of thsoe social outcast types, im relatively popular, not bad looking, but i dont do well with the ladies

i suppose an exception to the rule?

Usually, I look for guys who are funny, smart, caring and have great morals. That means no drinking, smoking, drugs, sex etc. Sooo as you can see, that narrows it down to about 1% of my high school. :lol:

Oh yeah, and they have to be tall. I'm 5'10". :D

LikeNoOneBefore said:
Usually, I look for guys who are funny, smart, caring and have great morals. That means no drinking, smoking, drugs, sex etc. Sooo as you can see, that narrows it down to about 1% of my high school. :lol:

yeah thats my type as well

I mean, it wouldn't be terrible if they guy drank or smoked some, but it's a major turn-off for me. Intelligence and humor though... :drool:

as I'm about 5'1" its not so hard for the guy to be taller than me :wink: there is something hot about tall guys though :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
"You really are such a sweet guy."

That's the kiss of death, right? Or rather, the no-kissing-will-ever-take-place of death! Right?

I HATE being a sweet guy! :mad:

My mate was like 'in' with this girl. He was the hot one who got the action I suppose. I got told that I was a really nice guy. That's all well and good, but when you look back in however many years you don't want to only say I got told I was a nice guy.

i consider myself a nice guy (although first impressions hurt on this forum :[). There is a large pool of girls for nice guys and bad asses attitude alike. The nice guys ultimately win out w/ the chicks in my book.

Ultimately win out. The problem is it's a lot further down the track. :sigh: :lol:

I am absolutely NOTHING like my best mates. I"m the complete opposite in just about every way.

In my dream last night, a guy was smoking pot and I could smell it. It actually smelled good, earthy and herby, and I wanted to try it.

I like guys that act like jerks, but are actually nice. I know that sounds weird, but ...when I say 'jerk,' I mean like a guy who will call someone out for saying something stupid, not a guy who will cheat on you and be a tool. like...a House kinda jerk :wink:

absintheminded said:
I never had a real boyfriend.

I mean yes I've had dates and "successful" dates...
but no real boyfriend.

Guys that I hang out with and stuff...ya know...but no...

same here. no real boyfriend. dates and stuff, but no commitment. i didn't really want one from them though. it seems as though the guys i've really been drawn to were/are in relationships. lucky me.

LikeNoOneBefore said:

:lmao: I can compromise sometimes! :shrug:

It's just awkward for me to be so much taller than a guy.

I'm 5'5" and I have a feeling that it doesn't help for the reason you said.

^you don't seem that bad:lol:

struckpx said:
There is a large pool of girls for nice guys and bad asses attitude alike.

ha hahahah
that maybe true. i was telling a guy about my friend and she likes the innocent menz. his reaction "she's never gonna get laid". i thought it was funny but kinda mean andtrue. sometimes its not easy always having guys on you let me tell you that. sometimes i wish they would leave me alone. :shrug: then i look at myself and im a flirt so i guess i put it on myself. ha hahahah

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom