Random facts and confessions, post-tour edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was @ Kmart the other day, perusing the toys (because I'm a child), and genuinely laughed out loud when I saw that the Darth Vader action figure has a "choking hazard" label.

:lol:

Toy shopping is so much fun, I let people assume I'm shopping for my children...I have no children, I have cats.... :reject:

I shop in the kids clothes dept. sometimes, the biggest size fits me perfectly. :shifty:

I enter this thread with some ramblings about food and olives. Firstly, I have a cold and have had it ever since yesterday. Today the cold was so bad that I couldn't smell or taste anything, or even breathe out of my nose. Taking medecine made it better, but only briefly before it wore off. I've also been worrying that my Endless Box O'Tissues is running out.

Well, anyway, another side effect of my cold is, as I mentioned, I can't taste anything. Nothing. At. All. I ate my favorite yogurt and my favorite cereal for breakfast, as well as my favorite form of cooked egg (YoCrunch, Special K, and fried, in case you're wondering). I did not enjoy them because I could not taste them. My aunts (my father's sisters) then took me and my sisters for lunch, and we got Chinese food. I sampled everyone's dishes, but I still couldn't taste anything, except for the spiciness of the mustard. Finally I said, "If I can't taste any food that I put in my mouth, I might as well have an olive." Olives are my least favorite food ever.

So when I got home I ate an olive. And guess what? I COULD TASTE IT!! :madspit:

But when we went out for dinner again (it was my stepdad's birthday) I ordered my favorite food, a hot dog and a Caesar salad, and couldn't taste either of those. :( Just my luck that the only thing I could taste all day was the food I hate the most!

So... I hope I entertained someone with that pointless story. BTW, hi, I'm Blue.

Working with soaking wet feet for a couple hours. :crack: it was pouring rain all morning, and I figured my shoes weren't exactly water resistant anymore because the glue on the sides was starting to come off. Little did I know that the entire fucking sole was cracked in half. Found that out as I was rolling in containers from the truck, in a loading area that had deep puddles. Ugh.

Ah well, at least those shoes served their 20 euros very well for a couple years. Went back to the same store, got the exact same shoes, except slightly newer model and oter colours. Shame they got 10 euros more expensive tho, but at least I got work shoes again. :lol:

I'm glad you were able to get the exact same shoes. I really hate when you find a good pair, and when it is time to get replacements, they no longer sell them.

Random confession:

Wow, you are even more pathetic than I thought. :crack:

Random fact (about myself) time again! I went out shopping today and bought myself two new CDs- The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd and Welcome To Wherever you Are by INXS. I was a bit disappointed that my "haul" wasn't quite as large as I'd hoped it would be (that would have been improved if the store had had any Peter Gabriel album that wasn't Live Blood...) but I'm satisfied anyway because I now own two albums I like. Also, my cold is better today- I could taste the frozen yogurt that I bought later on! I also got a really cute dress.

I'm glad you were able to get the exact same shoes. I really hate when you find a good pair, and when it is time to get replacements, they no longer sell them.

Random confession:

Wow, you are even more pathetic than I thought. :crack:

Yeah exactly what I have. I have difficult feet(long and thin, gigantic toes) so not many shoes fit me. I can't wear women's shoes as they don't make it in my size, so I mostly wear Converse. But at work I need more solid shoes as sometimes you accidentally get a heavy container on your foot. So I just get a pair of men's sneakers that are waterproof and thick. It's not easy to find cheap ones like that. :lol:

Funny how it makes me so happy to find something so simple, just because it's what I'm used to.

I'm glad these thoughts finally make sense to me now. It's liberating, really.

:wink: So I'm pathetic now?

No, you are awesome. That is in regards to some asshat.

Do I hear someone contending for a facepalm with my fist in their face? :D

:crack: Creepster Sensei is at it again. Texted me this morning how I was doing. Dude. You saw me two days ago at training. Where your wife and kid were at. Seriously. Stop texting me.

Awww, protective Gg! :heart:

I hope you didn't respond. That dude is creepy for sure.

I have had a strange week full of personal turmoil, active persuing of nostalgia, bad old habits and sabotaging my future. I am not sure where I go from here, but I hope this is just a strange time that finishes as abruptly as it started.

Two things. On the bad side, I have worked myself into one of the worst ruts I've ever had and am racked self-doubt at the moment, so I hope that passes pretty fucking quickly. On the good side, I have been invited back to that leadership camp that I went on last year and loved, to be a part of the team this time, not as a participant, so that's really awesome.

Bonnie I hope that time finishes very soon for you.

Confession: I am a passive aggressive bitch. And I am OK with that. :)

Are you hot? You can only get away with that stuff if you're easy on the eyes..

Two things. On the bad side, I have worked myself into one of the worst ruts I've ever had and am racked self-doubt at the moment, so I hope that passes pretty fucking quickly. On the good side, I have been invited back to that leadership camp that I went on last year and loved, to be a part of the team this time, not as a participant, so that's really awesome.

Bonnie I hope that time finishes very soon for you.

Congrats! Now the time has come to seize power. Find a couple of people you trust and start a coup. Don't trust them fully though, anyone could betray you. Be prepared for that. No punishment is too harsh! Also, have everyone rally around a symbol and encourage matching outfits. It will foster a sense of community between you and your supporters. Don't forget to sing battle songs! Find a complaint that everybody agrees on and use it as a pretext to overthrow those in charge. Once you have overthrown the powers that be, you need to show everyone you mean business by starting show trials and executions. Go after everyone connected to the old regime! Let the underlings know no one is safe! Once you're secure in power, crack open a beer, cause you've earned it. Good luck!

Vent: If only you knew how much I hate your guts, you would never want to be around me again. I assure you.

If only I could say that to her face, I would feel so much better. :hmm:

Vent: If only you knew how much I hate your guts, you would never want to be around me again. I assure you.

If only I could say that to her face, I would feel so much better. :hmm:

Just make her life miserable if you can't say it. Otherwise, SAY IT. She'll hate you for it, but you'll be so satisfied..

Just make her life miserable if you can't say it. Otherwise, SAY IT. She'll hate you for it, but you'll be so satisfied..

I could care less if that woman hated me. To let her know how much she disgusted me would make my life a whole lot better, just like you said.

Right now though, she is making my life hell just by living and breathing the same air I am. The woman is a walking nightmare. We believe, (but no one really knows for certain) that she burnt down 2 different houses, 5 different times to try and keep from getting it taken away from her cause she was going into bankruptcy. Scratched up her car before it got repo'd. Sorta like a 'if I can't have it, no one can' mentality. She is freaking insane.

Confession- I had a dream I was going to a U2 concert last night, and I almost started crying when I woke up because it wasn't real. :( Hmm... I need to stop missing U2... the thing was, I didn't know I missed them so much until I had that dream...

Then what's stopping you from telling her?

If only it was that simple. See, one of the things is that some of my family is friends with her and some of my friends are friends with their family. My family realizes how much of a nutjob she is, but insist on remaining in contact with her for what ever reason. So until somebody breaks the 'friendship' I can't really tell her off. If she ever screws up though and does anything stupid that could affect us, believe me, she'll get what for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom