Random Facts and Confessions part 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello--my name is Jude, and I'm a Christmas-o-holic.

AntiqueChristmasCard.jpg

I went to visit my wife at work. She had to walk around the college campus where she works to check some things in various classrooms. I went with her and found lots of stuff left in the rooms. 3 pairs of gloves/mittens, 2 very nice travel coffee mugs, a nice wool hat, and a lot of candy.

Merry Christmas to me! :D

I put together an IKEA arm chair (and matching footstool) this arvo. It only took me an hour, one leftover screw, two broken fingernails and three tantrums. I rock :cute:

"love" isn't quite the adjective I would use about IKEA furniture.....

I just got home from a dinner where I found out that a dear, dear friend of mine's husband is having an affair.

I have a compulsion to stab him with a blunt, rusty instrument :angry:

"love" isn't quite the adjective I would use about IKEA furniture.....

Nah it's a love n hate relationship. Though my bed wasn't any problem at all... well, if you don't count the leftover screws. That's the strangest, people always complain they get too little screws(heh). I always have leftovers, always! :scratch:

The balance has to be kept. Some get too little, so others just need to get too much. ;)

I've lost my NLOTH CD, that's my confession. I've been looking for it to put on the iPod I got for Christmas. And my other confession is that it's the first iPod I've ever had.

LOL I was listening to her old stuff. i.e. anything before 2000 (pre Mimi Era). I dont like anything after that. Loved her when I was a kid.

Better serenity prayer-

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had
to kill today because they pissed me off.

And also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on
today as they be connected to the ass that I may have
to kiss tomorrow.

Help me to always give 100% at work...
12% on Monday.
23% on Tuesday.
40% on Wednesday.
20% on Thursday.
5% on Friday.

And help me to remember...
When I'm having a really bad day,
and it seems that people are trying to piss me off,
that it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4...
to extend my middle finger and tell them to bite me!

Amen.

:love:

i feel bad saying this, but i'm contemplating moving to another country. i feel bad leaving my mom when she's got so much crap going on in her life right now, but i'm thinking it might be what i should do. it might be good for me to get a change of scenery and such.

:hug: . . . you're a switched on cookie . . . trust yourself :hug:

Hello--my name is Jude, and I'm a Christmas-o-holic.

AntiqueChristmasCard.jpg

:shifty: . . . put down the mistletoe and step away from the tree :lol:

I went to visit my wife at work. She had to walk around the college campus where she works to check some things in various classrooms. I went with her and found lots of stuff left in the rooms. 3 pairs of gloves/mittens, 2 very nice travel coffee mugs, a nice wool hat, and a lot of candy.

Merry Christmas to me! :D

:cute:

I'm listening to Mariah Carey right now.

:yikes: . . . my ears are bleeding on your behalf :wink:

I've lost 20 pounds this month, I've been going through some sad times and had no appetite (and that wasn't good because of my anemia). Things are starting to get better, maybe it's because of all the Christmas cakes. :D

The other day I was walking around the city and I was pretty much sad but I decided to find and share the happiness inside of me. So i smiled at every person who walked towards me and sent good vibrations. Most of the people just passed by staring at the pavement and the others were just confused. There was this man, maybe 10 years older than me, who looked a bit sad. So I decided to share my happiness with him and I sent him a sincere smile. He smiled back. Then something strange happened - suddenly we hugged, stood there for a minute, smiled again and went our separate ways. Not a word was spoken. Magical. :)

I feel happy today and I wanted to share the joy. :hug::hug::hug:

I have to confess that I have no answer to the 'Best thing you did in 2009' thread in Lemonade Stand. It's been there for a while and I've spent a lot of thought on it. For the life of me though I can't think of anything and that really bothers me in a sort of nagging way.

You shouldn't let that bother you. That's how life is, more often than not. Sometimes the best thing we've done is get through the days and months. If you have your health you have everything.

I am just not ready for the new year! :gah: I just can't believe another year has gone by so quickly and now it's time to move onto the next. It kind of makes me sad that another year has come and gone already.

I've lost 20 pounds this month, I've been going through some sad times and had no appetite (and that wasn't good because of my anemia). Things are starting to get better, maybe it's because of all the Christmas cakes. :D

The other day I was walking around the city and I was pretty much sad but I decided to find and share the happiness inside of me. So i smiled at every person who walked towards me and sent good vibrations. Most of the people just passed by staring at the pavement and the others were just confused. There was this man, maybe 10 years older than me, who looked a bit sad. So I decided to share my happiness with him and I sent him a sincere smile. He smiled back. Then something strange happened - suddenly we hugged, stood there for a minute, smiled again and went our separate ways. Not a word was spoken. Magical. :)

Awwww, sweetie--thank you for sharing. And take care of yourself! :hug:

:):hug::)

My cat's getting put down on Wednesday.

Sorry to hear this Bonnie :( :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom