Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I finally listened to Ordinary Love a couple of times, and my thoughts are that it's not as bad as I would have thought a Bono-penned song about Nelson Mandela would be. Now, I had awfully low expectations, so that's not saying much. But as a one-off soundtrack song, U2's certainly done worse. Bono is clearly the weak point (though it seems like it's been over a decade since Larry has put together an inspired drum beat, save two songs on NLOTH) on it, but that's to be expected. Dude just doesn't have anything left to say.

Alright, I finally listened to Ordinary Love a couple of times, and my thoughts are that it's not as bad as I would have thought a Bono-penned song about Nelson Mandela would be. Now, I had awfully low expectations, so that's not saying much. But as a one-off soundtrack song, U2's certainly done worse. Bono is clearly the weak point (though it seems like it's been over a decade since Larry has put together an inspired drum beat, save two songs on NLOTH) on it, but that's to be expected. Dude just doesn't have anything left to say.

I liked it better when it was electrical storm

Maybe it's the alcohol but I didn't think of Electrical Storm when I heard it. I also haven't listened to Electrical Storm in years so I'm not the best person to ask.

Also listened to the new song tonight. Meh. My expectations of U2 are so low that it's hard to get negatively surprised. Still, meh.

I can see, though, that Bono is picking up right where he left off with his lyrics:

"Your heart is on my sleeve
Did you put there with a magic marker
For years I would believe
That the world couldn't wash it away"

Good God.

Gave it a listen.

It's not horrible. It's not good. The lyrics made me laugh twice.

Still looking forward to an album next year. Expectations are low. But anything they record that I really like going forward is like a bonus prize to me, especially when I take into account that my fandom is not compressed; been listening to them since 1983, so, yeah.

U2's more like Springsteen to me in that I hopped on late in the game because I'm young. Only difference is I decided to join a U2 forum instead of a Springsteen forum when I was 15.

Still somehow virtually unaffected by that legendary AFL Grand Final performance.

As for Ordinary Love... as others have said, not horrible, far from great. Also as others have mentioned don't like what seems like an early fade out.

I gave it another listen and while it's not as bad as I first thought, the vocals (and lyrics lol magic marker) totally kill it. Boner sounds like dog shit.

I don't mind the vocals, but I wish they weren't so high in the mix. Listening again to the ending, it really sounds like a premature edit. I wonder if the version that appears on the vinyl or Mandela soundtrack or whatever will be a bit longer.

Jon Bongiovi

This spelling always reminds me of the Meco Star Wars Christmas album.

♫ R2-D2, we wish you a Merry Christmas. ♪
♪ R2-D2, we love you, it's true. ♫

While I'm on the subject, it pisses me off that they switched "Back Door Santa" for "I Wish Every Day Could Be Like Christmas" on later versions of A Very Special Christmas. Like Bon Jovi suddenly became fucking respectable...

I think Bono's main crime, once again, is trying to cram too many syllables into his verses because he's over-writing. It's not a natural flow.

The lyrics should fit the music, instead of forcing more thoughts into too small a musical space.

Also trying to cram too many cheese biscuits down his gullet at Red Lobster.

It's not his fault, not a lot rhymes with Mandela.

He could have gone with umbrella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella

It's actually from 2009. Apparently it was posted on UTrend.TV and went viral from there.

I probably should stay away from that site or I will never get any work done again.

See, lol. I remembered seeing it last year for the first time. Weird how stuff like that happens.

He could have gone with umbrella elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa

:dance:

He could have gone with umbrella elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa elfa

dancing_elf.gif

After listening to Artpop a handful of times, I've gotta say that there's a really good album here if you trim a few songs. Take out Jewels N' Drugs, Manicure, one of Donatella or Fashion, and Drugs and it's a really strong 11 song album. Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom