Radiohead Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, We Suck Young Blood is just an ugly arrangement to me, and I'm not liking Thom's vocal. The song sounds like what I imagine to be the feeling of bleeding to death

The Gloaming seems wicked live, and it's the Radiohead I love. Floating Thom vocal over some crazy rhythm, and I love the eternal scrunching up of paper sound they've got happening.

The bleeding to death one actually makes a lot of sense. Intedomine with the good analogy!

Look who's ragging on the old lady!

the bleeding to death one actually makes a lot of sense. Intedomine with the good analogy!

Look who's ragging on the old lady!

----------------------------------------------------- Buster! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- YOU OLD HORNY SLUT!

Thom Yorke's new band is playing an impromptu show tonight at a small club just a couple blocks away from my house, for $20.

Needless to say, the TicketWeb server is pretty overloaded right now. I'm currently in some kind of queue. Not looking too good.

How'd it turn out, Laz?

One of my friends got tickets for one of the bigger shows. He's flying out this weekend. I probably could have snagged one of the tickets and gone with him, but I didn't want to spend a weekend watching him drink himself into oblivion and then hit on women (he's married, and his wife is awesome). Having to see that once was enough.

Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, you won't have to look at Flea.

I wonder which lucky guy or girl will get his cocksock after the show.

One of my friends got tickets for one of the bigger shows. He's flying out this weekend. I probably could have snagged one of the tickets and gone with him, but I didn't want to spend a weekend watching him drink himself into oblivion and then hit on women (he's married, and his wife is awesome). Having to see that once was enough.

that sounds like a charming experience

Thom Yorke's new band is playing an impromptu show tonight at a small club just a couple blocks away from my house, for $20.

DAMMIT. That beats my attempts at being cool with the Sunday night show.

That club is neat-o, but the one time I was there, I didn't know the password to the right place to park and had to walk through a scary tunnel late at night all by my lonesome. It takes a LOT to make me feel weird, but that tunnel did. I made sure I followed a group of large young men back to my car so any evil-doer might think I was with them. You hafta think of these things when you're a small female.

Needless to say, the TicketWeb server is pretty overloaded right now. I'm currently in some kind of queue. Not looking too good.

I tried to get tix too, and also no dice. I stayed on the page that says Buy Tix for ever, never moved off that page. :sad:

Then I find out he played all of The Eraser start to finish as well as a shit-load of other songs. And the celebrities were out in full force (of course, it being L.A. and all): Spike Jonze, Ellen Page, Kim Gordon, one of the Daft Punk guys, Muse, Rage Against The Machine and some others I can't remember.

Boo! That place is small and cool. It was probably such an awesome show. :(

From that public rehearsal show Laz mentioned:

The Eraser
Analyse
The Clock
Black Swan
Skip Divided
Atoms for Peace
And It Rained All Night
Harrowdown Hill
Cymbal Rush

Encore one [Thom solo]:

Open the Floodgates
Lotus Flower
Skirting on the Surface
Judge, Jury, Executioner

Encore two [full band]:

Paperbag Writer
The Hollow Earth
Feeling Pulled Apart by Horses

Very cool. Have fun tonight, Marther.

It was so great.

I think some people were there to see Flea, and not Thom. The giant guy next to me, at the encore, says "Was that only about 30 minutes?" And I said "It was the whole album, so more like 45-50 minutes." And he says "Does Flea play on the album?" :|

Once the normal-size guy with the fucking giant wrestler-head moved from the seat in front of me, I could see great. We were all sitting down for the first few songs, and then Thom says "You can sit there like you're at the cinema if you want, but I meant this to be a dance record." Everyone was up after that, whether they wanted to be or not. I was way back on the floor, but the floor has a nice slope, so I could see great. And dance my ass off. The two seats behind me were empty, and I thought Fitz and Laz should've had them.

I think it was the same setlist as the Echoplex show. The two last songs were the ones on the vinyl that for sale for 15 clams. And if anyone finds an mp3 of this show, or downloads the torrent and wants to convert it and send me a link, I'll light a candle for you next time I'm at a mission church.

Will there be more shows, an actual tour, anybody know? Did Thom allude to more? Damn, that sounds so freaking good. I was home last night; I should have been in LA. Sadness.

Thread has be listening to The Eraser again.

Good tunes. I'd nearly forgotten how much I love Atoms for Peace.

Just a question.
Can you compare The Eraser to a Radiohead album? If you like Radiohead is it worth buying The Eraser?

I don't know how much you can compare it to the other output, but it's absolutely worth buying. I've only heard very rare cases of fellow Ray D. O'Head fans not also being fans of The Eraser. The guy with the post below this is one such rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom