RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xaviMF22 said:

yes I am, and I've seen you there

nice username :wink:

do you know who i am at atease?

i've probably been there longer than you have...

(read: my dick's bigger than yours)

i used to be active member when i was banned here. can't remember how long it was, i suppose maybe a year or so.

anyway... i give you soylent green.

i've hardly posted a thing in the last couple of years, so i wouldn't be surprised if you haven't seen me.

who are you?

hmmm. sorry i don't remember you.

here i was hoping you were ash or come louder/antics.

:wink:

GibsonGirl said:

I've been an atease member longer than you have, and you've made 13378 more posts than I have.

:(

thats life :wink:

btw I joined ateast in 05, but I was banned..

so I've been there longer than you GG :wink:

XaviMF (I've seen you!) and Zoomerang, what the heck did you guys do to get banned? I'm not judging. Just shocked. There's so much abuse and bullying by bastards like /b/ix/nood and Boxcars II and so many other people. It must have been something extreme! I was banned from atu2.com for totally trumped up, hypocritical reasons by that piece of crap Matt McGee and his right wing nutter admin staff.

joyfulgirl said:

:yes: Rumor has it [Ed]'s also the nicest and most approachable.
He seems the most calm and friendly in interviews, like those in "Meeting People Is Easy". I think they all seem really nice, especially Jonny. Ed's too smooth. Jonny gets very serious about the subject matter.

Anway, RAdiohead is playing a gig in London today, so any Londoners should know the line-up is already beginning.

Here's all the info anyone knows:
http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

As mentioned, webcast! I'm guessing on www.radiohead.tv

Last edited:
here's what the link that muldfeld posted above says about this lil gig..

In Store!
So, we've got a small gig tonight.

It's in London at the Rough Trade East shop on Brick Lane, and we're planning to play a short set of in rainbows material. It's very limited free entry, first come first served. Also, as it might be a little uncomfortable for anyone queuing early, they're planning a numbering system so people at the front of any queue can get snacks and toilet breaks in the store. Good bagels round there. But dress warm...doors won't open until 7, and we'll play at about 8.

For those who can't get in - and it's pretty small in there - we'll have some screens and speakers outside, if we're allowed. I think we are. And we'll also webcast it. I'll put the link up here, as well as any other info, later today.

Hope you can make it - should be....interesting. Us being us, we're taking far too many instruments.....

Jonny

too many instruments.. hahaha!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
here's what the link that muldfeld posted above says about this lil gig..

In Store!
So, we've got a small gig tonight.

It's in London at the Rough Trade East shop on Brick Lane, and we're planning to play a short set of in rainbows material. It's very limited free entry, first come first served. Also, as it might be a little uncomfortable for anyone queuing early, they're planning a numbering system so people at the front of any queue can get snacks and toilet breaks in the store. Good bagels round there. But dress warm...doors won't open until 7, and we'll play at about 8.

For those who can't get in - and it's pretty small in there - we'll have some screens and speakers outside, if we're allowed. I think we are. And we'll also webcast it. I'll put the link up here, as well as any other info, later today.

Hope you can make it - should be....interesting. Us being us, we're taking far too many instruments.....

Jonny

too many instruments.. hahaha!

man, I love radiohead :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

another webcast :drool:

Dalton said:

"In the deepest ocean"

"At the ....

"BEACH!"

:love:

That kid is amazing

The "beach" bit is nothing short of genius. :love:

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to have children. Kind of. I probably wouldn't be a good mother, but damn it, my kid(s) would be well-educated in all things Radiohead.

GibsonGirl said:

The "beach" bit is nothing short of genius. :love:

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to have children. Kind of. I probably wouldn't be a good mother, but damn it, my kid(s) would be well-educated in all things Radiohead.

and you could teach them about pink floyd :wink:

xaviMF22 said:

and you could teach them about pink floyd :wink:

And Queen. And The Beatles. And The Arcade Fire. And U2. I could teach them in general about prog rock, post rock, classical, baroque, psychedelia, indie pop...the list goes on. Kids are just blank slates waiting for music to happen to them. :love: Of course, most kids hate what their parents listen to, so my plans would probably be thwarted.

Looking forward to the webcast! Wish I could be there in person though.

GibsonGirl said:

Of course, most kids hate what their parents listen to, so my plans would probably be thwarted.

Not if you start them off young, like I'm sure Lila did. :D

I'm already giving my lil brother Beatles music to listen to. He loooooved Yellow Submarine. He's also danced to Peter Gabriel.
He's loved rock music from birth. :drool:

Maybe once you have kids, you should listen only to stuff you hate for a while, and sing and dance obnoxiously around the house to it. Your children will come to despise it, and wind up not liking your least-favorite artists.

My playlist:

Bon Jovi + all cheese metal
Stone Temple Pilots
Dave Matthews Band
Nu-country
Matchbox 20
Coldplay
Linkin Park + all Nu-rawk (except System of a Down & Rage)

Here I am with my lunch hoping for a lunchtime webcast and now they're saying doors open at 9 instead of show starting at 8. :grumpy:

Change of plan

Radiohead have been forced at the last minute to change the venue for their free London show from the Rough Trade East record shop to the adjoining venue, 93 Feet East.

On the advice of the police and the local council, it was decided to change the venue to the larger one in the interests of public safety and due to the size of the crowd that turned up for the event. Rough Trade and the band apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Allocated wristbands only remain valid for the new venue. Doors open at 9pm prompt. There will be no admittance to anyone without a wristband and there will be no screens or speakers outside the venue - however the show will still be webcast from www.radiohead.tv!

Sounds like they'll be playing at 9:30......guess I'll just have to do some homework or something to kill time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom