Quote from Adam on U218/new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctorwho said:

Seriously, Rubin's biggest influence may be the fact that he gets U2 to release a new album in '07.

The trick is that U2 actually LIKE what they made. Clearly they had issues with their work on "Bomb", which is probably why Lanois was invited in for a while. Hopefully that's not true for Rubin.

Exactly. The shared opinion is that U2

"Takes a long time to record things...

Why? Because...uhh...they just do. :huh:"

Bomb should have been released in 2003 but because of the problems stated above, that didn't happen. It's not like they wanted to sit on a record for a year waiting for it to hatch. :sexywink:

The wait between Pop and ATYCLB, after the tour had ended, was only a measly two years, with a greatest hits to fill the time.

Achtung Baby took 3 years. And that's it.

Unless something goes wrong, odds are good that the album will only take 3 years to release. What does that mean?

FALL 2007.

People are only padding up for a future disappointment (without quotes or facts to back it up) by assuming the worst. :)

Problem is that if anything throws throws them off schedule and they can't get it fall 2007, we actually won't see it until fall 2008.

Paul says in U2 By U2 something to the effect of he sees no logic in releasing an album that's not in the fall.

So here's hoping to smooth session with Rubin. (or the Nigel Godrich is swiftly brought in to save the day with a more creative album)

Album should come out Fall '07. I hope. Bono said it in interviews. But I will wait with or without it. No pun intended:wink:

dismantleme said:
Album should come out Fall '07. I hope. Bono said it in interviews. But I will wait with or without it. No pun intended:wink:

YES IT WAS:madspit:

Lesson 1 your learn when you become a U2 fan...

Don't take everything Bono says seriously.... because he seriously likes to talk, and often talks rubbish....

Galeongirl said:
Lesson 1 your learn when you become a U2 fan...

Don't take everything Bono says seriously.... because he seriously likes to talk, and often talks rubbish....

You can't be a real U2 fan then...:wink:

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

Exactly. The shared opinion is that U2

"Takes a long time to record things...

Why? Because...uhh...they just do. :huh:"

"U2 records take a long time to make not because they don't think about their material but because they never stop thinking about their material." ~ Brian Eno, 1991

The wait between Pop and ATYCLB, after the tour had ended, was only a measly two years, with a greatest hits to fill the time.

So since they're still on tour -- and presuming it'll take them two and a half years (the actual time between the end of PopMart and the release of ATYCLB) -- by this logic the earliest we will see an album will be March of 09.

Who cares?

I'll just be an album of well written and recorded songs.

It won't break any boundaries.

No icing.

All cake.

It'll be crap.

My guess is that they're aiming for Autumn 2007. But like anything there will delays. I reckon early 2008 with a US Stadium tour in Summer 2008.

Back
Top Bottom